Lieutenant
# 71
10-20-2012, 10:02 PM
I've tried logging in on my computer (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, no service packs) and on my B&N Nook Tablet. Both give me "Gateway is currently undergoing maintance, please try later" when I try to login. I've tried loggin in with gibberish once and it told me my login info was incorrect, so I know I'm putting in the correct login info the rest of the time. Not sure if this is a bug or if it really is down for maintenance all the time.
__________________________________________________ ___
Original Username - njdss4 - Original Join Date - July 28, 2008 (Official Forum Launch Date)
Career Officer
# 72
10-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post

Edit: Testing in Landscape, I can authenticate and get past the Account Guard, and can *barely* click the Login button on the Account Guard page. This allows proper login. However:
This technique finally got my iPhone 3GS, iOS6 logged into the gateway and now that my device is authorized no more problem.

So first big bug the scrolling issue, everything seems to work fine after that.
Career Officer
# 73
10-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claransa View Post
This technique finally got my iPhone 3GS, iOS6 logged into the gateway and now that my device is authorized no more problem.

So first big bug the scrolling issue, everything seems to work fine after that.
I'd like to know how you pulled that off on a 3GS since I can't on my iPhone 5 unless you don't have the security guard enabled.
Ensign
# 74
10-21-2012, 07:11 AM
for the last two days i have tried to login, im using an iphone 4s and and ipad both installed with ios5 and not 6 as i refuse to upgrade.

still getting the same error about gateway and down for maintenance.....
Lieutenant
# 75
10-21-2012, 07:32 AM
I've been trying to sign in to it as well for the past few days only to be stopped by this: Disconnected.
Gateway is currently under maintenance. Please try again later.
Empire Veteran
# 76
10-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Hey, I logged in to STO Gateway and it said I had no active characters. Does it not work on the Holodeck server? Do I need to copy my character to Tribble?
Starfleet Veteran
# 77
10-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by potuyit View Post
Hey, I logged in to STO Gateway and it said I had no active characters. Does it not work on the Holodeck server? Do I need to copy my character to Tribble?
Yes. This Gateway site (http://gatewaytest.startrekonline.com/) is only for the TRIBBLE test shard. You need characters on TRIBBLE to test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilecalamitous View Post
I've been trying to sign in to it as well for the past few days only to be stopped by this: Disconnected.
Gateway is currently under maintenance. Please try again later.
I've noticed on my mobile devices that I get this as a generic error for anything if I use the device or browser's buttons to navigate back and forth instead of the buttons included in the UI of the app itself. Gateway is not actually down.

Also RE: Scrolling bug issues on mobile devices. On devices that support multitouch, have you tried using pinch to zoom out? I was able to do that to work around not being able to scroll down on my Samsung Galaxy S.

Raptr profile
Ensign
# 78
10-21-2012, 09:33 AM
I just tried logging in and got the "Disconnected. Gateway is currently under maintenance. Please try again later." response from a desktop at my place of work (duty days...nothing to do but wait to stand a watch!).
Career Officer
# 79
10-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
Also RE: Scrolling bug issues on mobile devices. On devices that support multitouch, have you tried using pinch to zoom out? I was able to do that to work around not being able to scroll down on my Samsung Galaxy S.
Pinching on my iPhone 5 doesn't do anything for zooming on the site. I did try that. I tried through both Chrome and Safari on my device.
Ensign
# 80
10-21-2012, 11:25 AM
It told me I didnt have any characters!!
Closed Thread