Captain
# 11
10-20-2012, 08:18 PM
who cares what the details should be at this point.

honestly.

opt in or don't. that would be my only suggestion.

i support this every time it pops up. it would be real endgame content.
Rihannsu
# 12
10-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Chill the **** out. What are doing in these forums? Besides, we're forced to pve all the time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
um, i know pvp can be a bit imbalanced and one sided sometimes. but why is that guy a few posts above that against PVP?
Because this tread was moved.

Also there is a difference of agreeing to a boxing match and receiving a letter on your mail box saying "Tomorrow here 6PM" and then some guy shows up at that time and starts to punch you ... If people dont want to PvP its their not only their prerogative but also their right, treating every single player in the game as not only a potential partner but also as a target is wrong because I am being forced into something against my will, we have laws against that ... at least in the civilized world.

Here is a good example, I am going on vacation for a week and some guy decides they want to pick a fight with my Fleet so am I supposed to cancel my vacation because some guy decided to show up and say "listen up, on the 20th we be here to beat you guys up" without even consulting us? the whole thing is "I have the right to challenge everyone in the game at any given time once per month and they have no right to refuse it" ... so I am here at the beck and call of every single PvP that decides he does not like the hull paint of my ship or my Fleet Emblem and wants to pick a fight because of it?

Also you all talk like all Fleets even have active members online at the beck and call of their leaders ... they dont, lets start with Fleets that dont even HAVE 5 members active during the last week, let alone during a day ... how about if some European Fleet decides to pick the time when its 4.30 AM for the members of another Fleet? I dont even start to go into the potential harassment issues to point out how easy it is to win by default.
Career Officer
# 13
10-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, just no.

Why are you people trying to shove PvP into other people, they do this and every ****ing time that **** shows up I will disconnect, you cannot force me to PvP ... do you understand that? YOU CANNOT FORCE ME TO PvP!
For someone that seems to hate pvp you sure took the time to post a reply here. Which means you took the time to read something here. Which means you probably were reading other things....

Also, I can't recall anything ever in this game forcing anyone to pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Folks,

Let me be more clear, it is not a single player event. It is a fleet/guild event. I am member of one fleet/guild and I am not the leader. I can?t send invite to Fleet Siege, only my fleet leader will can do.

If my guild leader tell that we were challenged, I can participate or not. It will be my choice. If we do not have players enough do defend our startbase or if the attacker are organized and win, my starbase will loose some resources.

Other massive multiplayer games has events for clans/guild and I imagined it as clan/guild event. Today be a fleet member is to be player with a suffix to the name. It is to be a end game option, one event by month.

Last edited by lordhook; 10-21-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Captain
# 15
10-21-2012, 08:59 AM
I definitely miss Shadowbane. Sometimes I even miss EVE.

This isn't Shadowbane nor EVE though... it's "Star Trek" Online.

It is - what it is... and something it isn't, it isnt.