Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 378
The Azure Nebula was so far an Empire Defense mission area of the Klingons, a little east of Rura Penthe.

Now it is a queued 5-player-mission and located on the galaxy map inside the new Tau Dewa sector block between Pi Canis and Psi Velorum.

I wonder if it will be moved?


Another problem of the new Sector is the location or rather the access to the Hromi Cluster. But that could be solved by making the north end of the Xarantine Sector and the south end of the new Azure Sector entrances to Hromi.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,354
# 2
10-19-2012, 04:34 AM
Hromi cluster will be changed to a nebula system near the original border to the cluster. You can see this on the map on Tribble already.

Not sure on the Azure issue.... I think they might be spelled slightlydiffernet? have to check on that.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,822
# 3
10-19-2012, 06:26 AM
One possible explanation/justification is that Azure is simply a shade of blue (007FFF), and there are probably many blue nebulae. Perhaps these are simply azure nebulae, rather than THE Azure Nebula, and Cryptics capitalization is in error.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,633
# 4
10-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Yeah it's entirely possible that Azure isn't a proper name.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 42
Hey Guys!

I noticed the Galaxy map shows the Tau Dewa Sector Block but when me and my crew attempt to set course for the sector it doesn't appear on the ships System list yet. has this area not been open on Tribble for Exploration yet??

I know this may not be a good place to ask the question so be nice, I was nice enough to attempt to Explore the Sector for everyone.


The Dacoit Starship Goddess Solo DAXX
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 42
# 6
10-20-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I've played since open beta, subbed for 830+ days over the years, beaten every STF, played every mission, and have 12 Foundry missions. I bought an LTS on Oct. 10, 2012. I defy you to say I'm not a veteran.
You the Man Drogyn

Drogyn1701 Hype Girl Soleta
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
# 7
10-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleta63 View Post
Hey Guys!

I noticed the Galaxy map shows the Tau Dewa Sector Block but when me and my crew attempt to set course for the sector it doesn't appear on the ships System list yet. has this area not been open on Tribble for Exploration yet??

I know this may not be a good place to ask the question so be nice, I was nice enough to attempt to Explore the Sector for everyone.


The Dacoit Starship Goddess Solo DAXX

the new area has not been turned on yet
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,603
# 8
10-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
One possible explanation/justification is that Azure is simply a shade of blue (007FFF), and there are probably many blue nebulae. Perhaps these are simply azure nebulae, rather than THE Azure Nebula, and Cryptics capitalization is in error.
No, its from Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.

The Nebula is located in border between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, the Excelsior entered it when Sulu attempted to rescue Kirk, that is why it was placed were it is.

Nebulae are in fact quite large, the Stingray Nebula is 130 times the size of the solar system and its 1/10 the size of other known planetary nebulae, even if that is not much on a galactic scale its still their sizes are measured in light years.

Its quite possible the Nebula would could cover that entire section of space.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,376
# 9
10-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longasc View Post
The Azure Nebula was so far an Empire Defense mission area of the Klingons, a little east of Rura Penthe.

Now it is a queued 5-player-mission and located on the galaxy map inside the new Tau Dewa sector block between Pi Canis and Psi Velorum.

I wonder if it will be moved?


Another problem of the new Sector is the location or rather the access to the Hromi Cluster. But that could be solved by making the north end of the Xarantine Sector and the south end of the new Azure Sector entrances to Hromi.
The Azure Nebula was never supposed to be where it is today, but glad they finally are moving it to more of its canonical location. So not sure what are they going to do with the old one. Rename it? Or delete it and move the KDF Missions to the new one?

As for the blocks, its wait and see until they open it up. Off the bat, I already spot 2 major canonical conflicts in the map where a couple of the worlds are said to be in the Mempa Sector in DS9.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,822
# 10
10-21-2012, 09:59 AM
I think the ship has sailed on cannoninity. Just go with the flow man
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:38 PM.