If so, it equates to 1- (.7^4)=76% chance
Empire Veteran
# 12
10-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
iirc, 30% chance on doffs?

If so, it equates to 1- (.7^4)=76% chance
35% chances per purple doff. you get 2 roles per use of EPtX, and if it fails, you get another 2 chances 15 seconds later with your other EPtX. all 4 roles have to fail before you have a gap.

i managed to tank 2 bug ships for 10 minutes in my heal tank boat wile relying on 2 purple doffs. we won that cap and hold because i distracted their damage dealers for that long

you could always use 3 blue or 3 purple, even more reliable. most of the time i used 3 blue just because i didn't have or couldn't afford the 2 purple.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
You "can" get full time on both. Remember that it's still a chance doff. While the chance is better than not, it still can and will leave you without a EptS up once in awhile when you could really use it. Better players have a stopgap and the timing to use it when this happens, but be warned it WILL happen from time to time

I've been hearing ppl say that overcapping cannons doesn't work, but beams it does. Has anyone tested this and confirmed?
I tried using a battery, just to see if I can overcapping cannons... It's difficult to be sure, sometimes my energy didn't drop below 100-110, sometimes it dropped under 80
Career Officer
# 14
10-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
I've been hearing ppl say that overcapping cannons doesn't work, but beams it does. Has anyone tested this and confirmed?
I can't speak for beams but my tests with DHCs about 5 days ago showed that energy cap indeed seems to be 125. My tests were with 3 DHCs and weapons power between 122 and 170something and all of them except the 122 setting put me down to 101 power.
-----------------------
decker999
Commander
# 15
10-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
35% chances per purple doff. you get 2 roles per use of EPtX, and if it fails, you get another 2 chances 15 seconds later with your other EPtX. all 4 roles have to fail before you have a gap.

i managed to tank 2 bug ships for 10 minutes in my heal tank boat wile relying on 2 purple doffs. we won that cap and hold because i distracted their damage dealers for that long

you could always use 3 blue or 3 purple, even more reliable. most of the time i used 3 blue just because i didn't have or couldn't afford the 2 purple.
2 purples are ~82% then.
3 purples would be ~92%

not saying its not a good choice, just that every once in awhile, it'll catch ya off gaurd
Empire Veteran
# 16
10-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
2 purples are ~82% then.
3 purples would be ~92%

not saying its not a good choice, just that every once in awhile, it'll catch ya off gaurd
its not necessarily fool proof sure, but what it can do for your build is awesome. and if you are left hanging, it might just be with weapons energy, not shields. that would make the chances that you go without shield coverage even less right? you would have to have 3 fails in a row if you miss out on weapons energy, and then shield energy too in that situation
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 17
10-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
its not necessarily fool proof sure, but what it can do for your build is awesome. and if you are left hanging, it might just be with weapons energy, not shields. that would make the chances that you go without shield coverage even less right? you would have to have 3 fails in a row if you miss out on weapons energy, and then shield energy too in that situation
that sir...is a good point