Career Officer
Newbie Question

Is there something special that needs to happen at the end of a Foundry Mission in order for it to end. My mission just hangs after the last dialog. It shows that the mission is still going and the the "Hail Starfleet" button is not highlighted. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Captain
# 2
10-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Normally when a Foundry mission ends, you get a prompt to rate and review the mission. If that's not happening, either there's still an objective to complete or something's bugged.

If you're play-testing the mission in the Foundry editor, then you just get a notification saying "[Mission] complete!"
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 3
10-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velqua View Post
Newbie Question

Is there something special that needs to happen at the end of a Foundry Mission in order for it to end. My mission just hangs after the last dialog. It shows that the mission is still going and the the "Hail Starfleet" button is not highlighted. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
You are probably confused because you are testing it inside of the Foundry and it has yet to be published. When you playtest it in the story or map tab, it never seems to resolve after the last task. You are not given a way to really end the mission inside of the Foundry.

I hope that helps. Once it's published, then it will complete after the last task on the story board has been completed.
Career Officer
# 4
10-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Actually, I have posted it, and it just hangs at the end. I had a fleet member try it, and it had the same issue. I am wondering if there is more that I need to do in the story to make it end or as a player.
Captain
# 5
10-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velqua View Post
Actually, I have posted it, and it just hangs at the end. I had a fleet member try it, and it had the same issue. I am wondering if there is more that I need to do in the story to make it end or as a player.
Are you trying to make a console clicker?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Potentially the question should be 'are you using a console in a social zone?'

Ive found that with the exception of ESD (last time it was checked) ending a mission with a console interact in a social zone doesnt seem to be ending the mission. This has been reported, but so far it hasnt been acknowledged as even being an known issue so i dont know if this is working as intended right now or not.
Rihannsu
# 7
10-22-2012, 03:10 PM
I made a DS9 set on tribble and they worked fine. But the ONLY mission objective is interacting with a crate. you don't do anything else at all. Also that's the entire mission, it has a description for the Foundry database, a grant mission dialogue, and a single objective to interact with a crate. It works fine.

I've never tried making a mission where you leave custom maps then do something in a social zone. But one of the guys in the previous foundry challenge did that and it had weird glitches.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 8
10-22-2012, 03:36 PM
I have the character interact with a table and the bar at Starfleet Academy. I added a Dialog interaction at the end with the Caitian bartender. However, it hangs. It might be as castsbugc suggested.

Any suggestions on how I should end it? Thanks in advance.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-29-2012, 02:20 PM
im having the same problem with my fast daily missions with all of them i created not located at ESD. that location works fine but none of the other cryptic maps will complete the mission. to test this out i tried all the cryptic maps for the mission and sure enough ESD was the only one that allows me to complete and resolve the mission.
Rihannsu
# 10
10-29-2012, 07:05 PM
did you use a console? AFAIK NPCs don't work.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.