Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
I'm putting the word out, it's been a couple days since it came out, but I wanted to let every Klingon fleet out there know this:

Get the current featured mission for the Starbase, it, unlike any other special project so far, is, in fact, useful.

Even if your fleet does nothing else with the Starbase or Fleet system at all, I highly recommend this.

This upgrade adds a bloodwine fountain to the bar area (along with some other stuff), but this large bowl of bloodwine allows you to make a 'toast' when you drink from it.

At the very least, it's really cool to have a whole bunch of people stand around it and toast at the same time.

However, on top of the emote, the toast provides a ground buff for an hour depending on which of the three toasts you do. You can only have one active at a time, and I dunno how they stack with other things.

Victory: Damage buff (I'm guessing it's all damage, not just ranged)
Glory: Health Regan buff
Honor: Damage Resistance buff (all damage resistance)

I didn't see any extra effects, like critical hit or critical severity buffs, so I'm guessing it's just those three. They're not huge increases, but I feel they're worthwhile.

Still, I feel this is probably the absolute best featured project they've ever had for the Starbases, and I highly recommend getting this one for all KDF fleets out there.

Empire Veteran
# 2
10-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Cheers for the information, will have a look at that myself.
Which one will you be?

Career Officer
# 3
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Well that is worth more than just looking nice.

glad my fleetmate started this one, gotta invest in it now
Lieutenant
# 4
10-22-2012, 12:14 PM
And there was us starting it just cause it looks good and makes it feel like home

Question, is it JUST ground buffs or is there anything for space?

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h478/LordDorianBlackheart/Sig500x.png
Slaan | Rin | Rin Tsaris | Sanguinara | Warmaster | Ryn
Career Officer
# 5
10-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Didn't realized the toasts gave a buff. Nice catch!
Career Officer
# 6
10-22-2012, 01:26 PM
What a cool feature! Thanks for the heads up.
Career Officer
# 7
10-22-2012, 02:03 PM
This overwrites tribble buffs. The buffs are on par with blue quality tribbles', and expires in one hour. Tribble buffs are somewhat better in that aspect (you carry it with you) for the bred ones... the reward ones even more so for their stats.

This should have stacked with those buffs, or been 20-hour buffs, imho.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Captain
# 8
10-22-2012, 03:36 PM
in my opinion thats just a compensation for klingons not being able to use most tribbles.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 9
10-22-2012, 05:05 PM
This sounds very much like the IDIC tribble, try using them while in a group and get one of each buff and see if you get a syngery buff as well.
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbxxx View Post
And there was us starting it just cause it looks good and makes it feel like home

Question, is it JUST ground buffs or is there anything for space?
There's only ground buffs, the three mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
This overwrites tribble buffs. The buffs are on par with blue quality tribbles', and expires in one hour. Tribble buffs are somewhat better in that aspect (you carry it with you) for the bred ones... the reward ones even more so for their stats.

This should have stacked with those buffs, or been 20-hour buffs, imho.
Thank you for letting us know, I was unsure if they did stack or not. Even so, I still think it's worthwhile, just because you can use it any time of day and everyone can use it.