Ensign
# 91
10-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
LOL. Well this won't hurt me since I have all the MK XII space and ground sets that I want for each of my 6 characters and all the Mk XII [Borg] weapons I need. Sucks if you have 2/3 of Mk XII ground set and can't get the last piece to drop before s7 goes live.
"I've got mine so screw the rest of you" Must be a real team player here...

Not sure I understand the angst here. The rep system guarantees gear. It's far more meritocratic -- people who do well in STFs get through the rep projects faster, while the noobs languish in the lower tiers unless they're being dragged through. There is at least an end-goal in sight, rather than the ridiculous random drop system that has no guarantee of success no matter how many runs you do. Why leave your gear up to the random number generator gods?

The only contention I can see is whether to credit existing STF players, and with this conversion ratio they're already doing that, no? It would be nice if getting the Medal of Honor accolade series translated to some more marks and such, however...
Captain
# 92
10-22-2012, 01:52 AM
The new system is priceless. You grind dilithium and EC to be able to grind and pay dilithium to advance in reputation system, which in the end allows you to again pay your hard grinded dilithium to get your gear .
Captain
# 93
10-22-2012, 01:55 AM
This is why I'm trying to get all the T4 gear now. So I only have to grind, unlock the captain abilities, and then spend the remainder on an actual upgrade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Rihannsu
# 94
10-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
The new system is priceless. You grind dilithium and EC to be able to grind and pay dilithium to advance in reputation system, which in the end allows you to again pay your hard grinded dilithium to get your gear .
Or you just purchase Zen and exchange it for other people's dilithium so you don't have to grind, which I guess is the whole point of this new system... Pitty that in the end it looks just silly.

Well, it's not like there's anything new or noteworthy in the C-Store anyway...

As for my feedback on the system, to be quite honest I like the idea, but the implementation is, as I said, silly. It's just tedious busywork and yet another currency sink that unlocks yet another dilithium/mark store.

I guess it won't take long to advance in all 5 ranks (basically 4 days per tier if you've got the resources), but when I've read about all the "special" projects and item costs all my enthusiasm went away. Well, sure it's better than a random drop you may actually never be lucky enough to get, but with the new system it's going to be basically the same thing (grind 50 STFs and hope for the best vs grind 50 STFs for just a new set). Also, I honestly disline the idea of having more new currencies obtained in different missions and used for separate projects. It's like pre-season 5 all over again... I just wonder how long till another currency conversion/replacement.
Captain
# 95
10-22-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Or you just purchase Zen and exchange it for other people's dilithium so you don't have to grind, which I guess is the whole point of this new system... Pitty that in the end it looks just silly.
You need to grind the rep anyway. So you won't save your time by purchasing ZEN.
Starfleet Veteran
# 96
10-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Maybe we can get Veteran BOFFs.
To the STFs!
Rihannsu
# 97
10-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
Maybe we can get Veteran BOFFs.
To the STFs!
Actually.... yeah. That is part of the Romulan Rep system.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 98
10-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, most people are spending their hard-earned Dililthilum on Fleet Starbases, opening up stores that you still have to pay for the newly-opened gear, just with a different currency.

The only difference here is the currencies you're spending to unlock, you still have to buy the new stuff with that same currency. And to me, it's not enough of a difference to actually be worth caring about
You know...i was going to make a big wall post to reply to this but then I had a better Idea

I will use one of the best quote out there, from doctor house - "...your an IDIOT!"

nough said!
Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
Captain
# 99
10-23-2012, 09:32 PM
It really does seem to defeat the purpose if you have to grind and pay to unlock a store where you have to grind and pay to get the rewards you just "earned" from unlocking the store, let alone the fact that it's all per character rather than account, so depending on how many alts you have, it would be way too much grinding for what sounds to be a very little amount, especially seeing how the Fleet stores are handling this already.

It's just not worth it to me, period. It's making the game more of a grind than it already was with little to no payout at the end.
Rihannsu
# 100
10-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
It really does seem to defeat the purpose if you have to grind and pay to unlock a store where you have to grind and pay to get the rewards you just "earned" from unlocking the store, let alone the fact that it's all per character rather than account, so depending on how many alts you have, it would be way too much grinding for what sounds to be a very little amount, especially seeing how the Fleet stores are handling this already.

It's just not worth it to me, period. It's making the game more of a grind than it already was with little to no payout at the end.
Enh... it's optional. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.