Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Exchange filters for BOFFs
10-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Hey there.

Firstly, I must say that I like the new filters for the exchange. I'd like a little more explanation as to what some of them do, but the price per unit filter is worth its weight it latinum.

What I would like is more filtering options for BOFFs. There are now so many BOFFs on the exchange that the really good ones are getting buried past the 400 item limit, meaning there are BOFFs with abilities we want that we have trouble finding. Some abilities are so hard to find that I need to do searches that include race, such as ferengi tactical, trill tactical.

PWE, can you add either the option to filter BOFF abilities OR allow us to search past 400 items? I understand that searching past 400 items would be server intensive so you could balance it out by placing a 10 second wait on it? That would make sure that only people who are seriously searching do the extended search.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
What I would like is more filtering options for BOFFs. There are now so many BOFFs on the exchange that the really good ones are getting buried past the 400 item limit, meaning there are BOFFs with abilities we want that we have trouble finding. Some abilities are so hard to find that I need to do searches that include race, such as ferengi tactical, trill tactical.
Add the special boff power to that list. Ex: conn officer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
PWE, can you add either the option to filter BOFF abilities OR allow us to search past 400 items? I understand that searching past 400 items would be server intensive
Not true. Atleast not IF you have the right software.
Career Officer
# 3
10-22-2012, 10:39 AM
This has been asked for repeatedly. In short, the exchange search engine needs a major overhaul. The Devs say it is too much work.