Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 104
# 51
10-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that bigger and better things could be made with the time and effort it would take for a Romulan Faction in any form or fashion?
You aren't. Whatever happened to the whole "We will complete the KDF before even starting a romulan faction"?

Like my bro has said, with cryptic it's now a "We'll believe it when we see it."

Now, looking at my previous post. If it's like a "Romulan playable for federation, reman playable for KDF" that could work. KDF at least respects the Remans enough that a ranking one isn't a universe-breaking plot hole. .
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,405
# 52
10-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Interesting read. One one hand, I'm excited to see how this plays out. One the other, I'm somewhat upset (by which I mean very upset) because it looks like we won't get a proper Romulan faction after all.
Or this could be the start of a revolution in Romulan Space, similar to the disintegration of the USSR.

In other words, Romulus may just be going through a change in Government.

Come on, we all knew once Sela was gone that Romulus would fall apart.

On the other hand, Cryptic could use this in a very unique way.

Divide the Romulan Faction into 3 sub-factions. The player chooses which politician to back in the journey to the proverbial throne. If done properly, it could work very, VERY well.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,277
# 53
10-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Or this could be the start of a revolution in Romulan Space, similar to the disintegration of the USSR.

In other words, Romulus may just be going through a change in Government.

Come on, we all knew once Sela was gone that Romulus would fall apart.

On the other hand, Cryptic could use this in a very unique way.

Divide the Romulan Faction into 3 sub-factions. The player chooses which politician to back in the journey to the proverbial throne. If done properly, it could work very, VERY well.
I sincerely hope you're right.

Three sub-factions...one has a colony on New Romulus; perhaps one of the other two could become a playable faction unlocked after completing "Cutting the Cord"? That could work...
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,176
# 54
10-25-2012, 10:05 AM
If i read this blog correctly, this is a disaster for romulan fans.

They got it all wrong. Romulans, after their homeworld is destroyed, would not be fighting for power, but would do JUST THE OPPOSITE - rebuild somewhere else! As any conscious intelligent race would do!

It is just one planet afterall that blowed up, and the Romulan empire is HUGE - way bigger than klingon grounds! (wikipedia)

They would NEVER join FED or KDF! Perhaps here and there there would be a guy or 2, but never as a whole.

I would have nothing against the Romulans as a mini faction 45 -50 and up, but to play some 3 lvls and then joining one of the existing factions just does not make sense to me.
Why would i want to replay the whole thing once more, if i already have maxed chars on both sides?

And what about the technology and ships? The Rommies have given KDF their cloaking tech, i can immagine they have tech which FEDs are not daring to dream about..

Don't tell me there will be romulan ships with cloaking technology which is more advanced as the KDF one FOR BOTH FACTIONS????
As FEDs can't use this tech..???
Where will you put them ships - into the Zen Store or into lockboxes???

.....................
PLEASE, for the sake of god which needs a spaceship - don't destroy this faction!
Is it such a big problem to
- color the UI green
- recreate icons for DOFFS
- make one building where the new Romulan HQ will be and put there some NPC's?

you have to make costumes and ships anyway, it can all be paid - we will buy this stuff anyway!! just give us ONE small starter BOP on lvl 45

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,100
# 55
10-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalavier View Post
You aren't. Whatever happened to the whole "We will complete the KDF before even starting a romulan faction"?

Like my bro has said, with cryptic it's now a "We'll believe it when we see it."

Now, looking at my previous post. If it's like a "Romulan playable for federation, reman playable for KDF" that could work. KDF at least respects the Remans enough that a ranking one isn't a universe-breaking plot hole. .
Surgery! Infiltration! Think like a Romulan man!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
If i read this blog correctly, this is a disaster for romulan fans.
All you have done, my good sir, is make mine eyes bleed..... =_=
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 464
# 56
10-26-2012, 11:03 PM
The good doctor once said, "Beware Romulans Bearing Gifts." and he meant it.

I would hope that everything we're hearing about the Romulans is nothing more than a well planned strategic ruse.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 PM.