Commander
# 11
10-22-2012, 12:34 PM
i like the angle they are coming at with this update and i am interested to the whole Updated kits thing. does that mean we at last get MK XI and Mk XII kits for use? i hope so it will make things go a lot faster in things like the STF's and what not. also to the grinding complainers "good things come to those who wait" and i am waiting patiently because some nice nuggets are in here if you look at it.
Career Officer
# 12
10-22-2012, 12:37 PM
We would really like to see more information on how this applies to the KDF. We did see a Klingon ambassador to the Federation in Star Trek IV and VI. And all 3 empires had an ambassador on that neutral planet in V.

HOWEVER, such a big diplomatic push in STO seems so un-Klingon. Will the KDF version be different at all? Is there a different backstory? What's up?
Rihannsu
# 13
10-22-2012, 12:45 PM
More details on the MK XI and XII kits and science consoles please? What makes these special?
Lieutenant
# 14
10-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Did read that right, will we be able to get more doff assignment slots as rewards??
Empire Veteran
# 15
10-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorandy View Post
We would really like to see more information on how this applies to the KDF. We did see a Klingon ambassador to the Federation in Star Trek IV and VI. And all 3 empires had an ambassador on that neutral planet in V.

HOWEVER, such a big diplomatic push in STO seems so un-Klingon. Will the KDF version be different at all? Is there a different backstory? What's up?
You took the words out of my still moving gagh I got a feeling they aren't going to surprise me in the manner of it being the same old same for both sides. If they were going to do this they should have put the state of federation and KDF at the point of being allies like in tng/ds9/voyager era. This cross faction stuff could only make sense in line with how it was where the Klingon forces being sent in were smaller to assist the federation in battle but the whole thing about being at war and helping the enemy help another one of our enemies of the KDF does not really mesh with what they are doing.
Career Officer
# 16
10-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
You took the words out of my still moving gagh
That's so disturbing!

To expand on my comments and yours, I really like how VERY different the DOFF missions are for the KDF. Not only do we have Marauding instead of Diplomacy, but we have access to different missions entirely in all the categories.

I am hoping this will be true of the Romulan Embassy / Romulan Marks system as well.

P.S. I love running into you on these forums. Please keep the fireplace going in my absence.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 17
10-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captallendale View Post
Did read that right, will we be able to get more doff assignment slots as rewards??
You did read that right!
Career Officer
# 18
10-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
You did read that right!
My name is Andy and I approve this message
Career Officer
# 19
10-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
You did read that right!
Wait... WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! Romulan BOffs, NEW KITS, and now MORE ASSIGNMENT SLOTS?! This heresy gets sweeter by the SECOND!
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
10-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Wait... WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! Romulan BOffs, NEW KITS, and now MORE ASSIGNMENT SLOTS?! This heresy gets sweeter by the SECOND!
It would get sweeter by the second, if they weren't simultaneoulsy jacking DOFF dilithium costs thru the roof.

Or in other words, making it much more dilithium-expensive to complete ANY project, Starbase or Embassy.