Commander
# 21
10-22-2012, 02:00 PM
All I see is something to gather cobwebs next to my soon to be gathering spacedust starbase.
Empire Veteran
# 22
10-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Season 7: The Grind Continues
Season 7: The Dilithium Plot Thickens
Season 7: Grind II
Season 7: Tedium Intensifies
Season 7: The Story Forgotten
Season 7: Bugged System Bonanza
Season 7: Old Rope
"
"
"
Season 9: Potential PvP Content...
Season 7: Copy and Paste
Season 8: Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V

Hardly see much of a difference between Season 6 and 7. Season 6 gave us the Fleet Starbases and Nukara....Season 7 will give us Fleet Embassies and New Romulus. No word on a few new missions for storyline play?

Last edited by nxnovacat; 10-22-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Captain
# 23
10-22-2012, 02:18 PM
I want more info on those kits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno
The new rewards, new social environment, and new possibilities combine to provide fun, interesting, and most of all, Trek experience for the fleets in STO.
Hmm... while being part of a fleet is cool, sure, I think that most Star Trek fans would want to be in command of a starship before they wanted to be part of a fleet, like the one referenced at the beginning of the post. But I guess building an embassy is a trek experience...? Diplomacy is big in trek, but Sisko was the only one who really dealt with a permanently stationed "embassy"... I htink the real "Trek experience" will be the revamped exploration... IF it's done well.
Empire Veteran
# 24
10-22-2012, 02:22 PM
As I said in the tribble feedback thread, I really like the rewards the embassy gives. Something everyone could use. The starbase rewards were too specific, if you already own lockbox stuff and ships, it's somewhat useless, but this holding gives everyone true rewards. Good job ont this part of season 7.

It's sad consoles have their own category (no one cares about consumables), scis will have hard time to convice their fleetmates to work on diplomacy instead of recruitement. Swapping kits and consoles would have been an interesting change.

One negative point: fleets doesn't offer at all a Trek experience. Picard would never say "let's kill some tholians to unlock the romulan stores to get a plasma torp on the Enterprise".

Last edited by diogene0; 10-22-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Community Moderator
# 25
10-22-2012, 02:23 PM
More DOFF assignment slots would be pretty sweet... depending on how steep that grind is to get it.

My experience with starbase building is not making me very optimistic on that point.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Republic Veteran
# 26
10-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post

One negative point: fleets doesn't offer at all a Trek experience. Picard would never say "let's kill some tholians to unlock the romulan stores to get a plasma torp on the Enterprise".

Kirk would

Career Officer
# 27
10-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Kirk would
Yes, but a Pakled toddler was smarter thank Kirk on an average day.

But then, Sisko might do something similar. "Defend Romulans from Tholians, we get new tech to help defend more Romulans."
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
# 28 Romulan BOs
10-22-2012, 02:54 PM
A new, genuine Bridge Officer species? I am delighted!

With a bit of luck, they'll add the TOS Vulcan Nurse hairstyle that was seen on the... Vulcan nurse NPC.

Whatever, I am a species collector and happy to see an additional bridge officer species. If this works out, maybe we'll also get regular, customizable (and female) Remans?*

*Obisek's Remans are allies of New Romulus and several Remans have settled there as well.
Leipzig University, 1409-2409
Career Officer
# 29
10-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
You did read that right!
Here's hoping for a zstore option for this. I have no interest in yet another starbase system, or fleets in general, but I do enjoy the Doff system and would dearly love to not be hindered by the 20 assignment limit and be able to make use of more of my Doffs.
Joined August 2008
Commander
# 30
10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woerligen View Post
A new, genuine Bridge Officer species? I am delighted!

With a bit of luck, they'll add the TOS Vulcan Nurse hairstyle that was seen on the... Vulcan nurse NPC.

Whatever, I am a species collector and happy to see an additional bridge officer species. If this works out, maybe we'll also get regular, customizable (and female) Remans?*

*Obisek's Remans are allies of New Romulus and several Remans have settled there as well.
Yeah, but I noticed the negative too: It's gated behind the embassy system. I sincerely hope there are other ways to get Romulan bridge officers than through this system. I'm burnt out on the Starbase grind at this point; I'm not sure I can slog through another one, especially if they have anywhere near the requirements of the starbase system.

I hope Cryptic realizes that not all players want to be in big fleets -- or even be in fleets at all -- but may still want to be involved in the Romulan side of things.