Career Officer
# 31
10-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorandy View Post
We would really like to see more information on how this applies to the KDF. We did see a Klingon ambassador to the Federation in Star Trek IV and VI. And all 3 empires had an ambassador on that neutral planet in V.

HOWEVER, such a big diplomatic push in STO seems so un-Klingon. Will the KDF version be different at all? Is there a different backstory? What's up?
I agree, why do Klingons have an Embassy??? I find that very odd. Shouldn't the Klingon counterpart have been something like a Garrison??? That would have kept things in line (marauding rather than diplomacy).

The decision just does not make sense to me.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 10-22-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 32
10-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorandy View Post
That's so disturbing!

To expand on my comments and yours, I really like how VERY different the DOFF missions are for the KDF. Not only do we have Marauding instead of Diplomacy, but we have access to different missions entirely in all the categories.

I am hoping this will be true of the Romulan Embassy / Romulan Marks system as well.

P.S. I love running into you on these forums. Please keep the fireplace going in my absence.
I just threw another fed into the fireplace to keep it going I am hoping in the KDF embassy we get to execute some romulans too...

It just would not be fitting for a KDF embassy without painting the walls with their green blood and mounting their head in our Starbase LOL.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
10-22-2012, 03:21 PM
That sounds nice. I wonder about the new "Kits"
Career Officer
# 34
10-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm actually quite excited by this; the idea of themed projects like this lets me pursue my interests while contributing more directly to my fleet. My VA has already reached Federation Ambassador status, and has contributed at least 50k Commendation at this point. The aesthetics seem quite nice, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing other themed/flavored outposts. Certainly, having one for Development could be on Bajor or Vulcan, maybe Trade with the Ferengi (little clowns of Star Trek), etc. I would love to see an eventual meta-game for all this, but that might be a wishing a bit too much.

Looks great, hope it works out well ^_^
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Captain
# 35
10-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Bah! This whole thing looks, feels, and stinks like the usual 'Federation' nonsense! As usual, little consideration is given to the KDF perspective. And Cryptic wonders why people don't invest time into the KDF. . .
Empire Veteran
# 36
10-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Bah! This whole thing looks, feels, and stinks like the usual 'Federation' nonsense! As usual, little consideration is given to the KDF perspective. And Cryptic wonders why people don't invest time into the KDF. . .
Yeah especially since these new kits probally will not let us use aspects the npcs the feds fight from the KDF have special swordmaster, dahar master, and targ handler abilities. In a lot of cases Cryptic just looks at what we are talking about as missions for leveling content when what we are really saying is we want our own Klingon type captain only skills, more diverse ships (fed has atleast 2:1 or even 3:1 on ship choices), and also those kits I mentioned above. I just do not get the mentality that because a faction might be smaller that it should be purposely neglected. It's like building a house made out of glass and then put a sign outside that says lots of rock... throw them at my house.
Captain
# 37
10-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
As your Recruitment track increases in rank, your fleet will become more appealing to Romulan personnel and may convince some of their population to join your crew and your adventures. Unlocking tiers in the Recruitment track will update the appearance of the Embassy?s Research and Development locations while also providing provisionable rewards such as Romulan Bridge Officers, updated kits, Romulan Duty Officers, and several Duty Officer Assignment slot upgrades.
Really?

Waay too cool. I'm looking forward to converting one of mu junior BOffs to a real Romulan - the "alien" label has been bugging me for ages.

Just wondering, though:

- Would both Romulan and Reman BOff be available?

- Would they come in all three career choices (Tac / Eng / Sci) ?

- What quality level would said BOffs be?

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 38
10-22-2012, 04:48 PM
so when can we expect to see more added to tribble ? , or you going to delete this question again ?
Captain
# 39
10-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
First things first, the progression of an Embassy is shorter than that of a Starbase. A fleet of players running at maximum efficiency can completely finish their Embassy in less than half the time and cost it takes to complete their Starbase. This design decision gives players smaller, achievable holdings to complete on their continual road of constructing their Starbase.
My argument will start with this... Its too late.

If the fleet-bases and embassies were released together, at the start of Season Six, the smaller fleets would not have lost time, energy, resources, and money. Instead of injecting all their efforts into a gigantic project, the smaller fleets could have constructed the embassy. You guys wasted everyone's money and time.

Season Seven is all about stealing progress and money away from players. Regardless about what type of player you are (casual or elite), we all end up losing a lot from this particular update.

Unless you guys give stf players their full credit, as well as return the resources and money the smaller fleets lost for attempting fleetbase construction, I personally think you are about to lose 80% to 85% of the player base.

When it comes to accommodating smaller fleets, the only thing you had to do is lower the resource requirements. People would not have lost time, energy, money (zen purchase), and resources. You guys didn't release these details at the start of Season Six; thus, you waited until people sunk a mess of money into the system.

How are you guys going to resolve this issue?

Once Season Seven hits the holodeck server, the ability to prevent fallout will be extremely difficult.

Last edited by linyive; 10-22-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 40
10-22-2012, 06:34 PM
I hate the Reputation system, its the Star Base grind that most of us hate, now shoved down our throats for individual advancement......the rewards are great, but the price is to high and the grind makes me want to steer my ship into a black hole, I hate the grind.....we need to earn things through episode game play, not sacrificing currency and our lower deck Doffs to the reward gods on this terrible alter. This is ridiculous, and no fun.....can someone get a clue please.....fun is the operative word, grind has nothing to do with that.