Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 181 Icon of the Empire
10-22-2012, 04:13 AM
I have the exact same problem as you lot have, but this time, it's in the Klingon episode with the death of Hakeev in it. When I try to move on to the part Icon of the Empire, it says "couldn't transfer character". PLEASE, Brandon, can you do something about it? Shall we press the case to Brandon directly?
Ensign
# 182
10-22-2012, 05:58 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Captain
# 183
10-22-2012, 07:07 AM

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Ensign
# 184
10-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz View Post
This issue is also present in Cutting the Cord.

I sent in a ticket, #1413169

I've done this mission on my main Science character ages ago, but was helping a guildie who wanted the accolade. On the last part after destroying the Iconian gateway, we were to beam up and I got the error. My guildies were able to beam back to space with no issues though.

I tried the solutions suggested here (for some reason, when I Force Verify, nothing happens), restarted the PC, and tried to do the missions twice by myself, but still getting the "Couldn't Transfer Character" error. Another guildie of mine is trying to do Cutting Accord on his Klingon, but is also stuck.

Yah, I've been getting this since late last week on this mission. I sent in a ticket and was told it was an issue they were monitoring and to watch here to see when it got fixed. Sad thing is, I dropped the mission and picked it back up, and I can't even start it over now since I get the map transfer error as soon as I try to enter the system.

Last edited by rayvenrayne13x; 10-22-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Career Officer
# 185
10-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Hey great, just purchased a LTS and now constantly getting this error. Giving me the feeling I did wrong in making that purchase. :-X

Hope it gets fixed soon. Been playing just over a week without this error popping up a single time. Just created a new character today, and getting it regularly.
Career Officer
# 186
10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Getting this error in Cutting the Cord on attempting to enter the Brea system to begin the mission with K'Muro (45 Klingon Tactical, Qin heavy Raptor). Most vexing.
Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
Commander
# 187
10-22-2012, 01:46 PM
still can't transfer submitted a ticket
Commander
# 188
10-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz View Post
This issue is also present in Cutting the Cord.

I sent in a ticket, #1413169

I've done this mission on my main Science character ages ago, but was helping a guildie who wanted the accolade. On the last part after destroying the Iconian gateway, we were to beam up and I got the error. My guildies were able to beam back to space with no issues though.

I tried the solutions suggested here (for some reason, when I Force Verify, nothing happens), restarted the PC, and tried to do the missions twice by myself, but still getting the "Couldn't Transfer Character" error. Another guildie of mine is trying to do Cutting Accord on his Klingon, but is also stuck.
Just tried safe mode & Force Verify.... neither worked for me.
Ensign
# 189 Same issue
10-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Having the same issue... actually glad it happened today. I was going to spring for the lifetime membership. Glad I haven't now. No way I'm paying that kind of money for a game with bugs like this in common missions. If it was some 'off the path' mission I could forgive it but this is a main story arc mission.

Really a shame. Have tried all the suggested fixes in this thread, nothing helps. "Couldn't transfer character" every single time and then back to the login screen.
Ensign
Hi,

I am new here, Been playing about 3 weeks.

I have now been stricken twice by this bug on 2 different chain quests. I can't advance them.

I have opened a ticket, got a borderline rude, and borderline unprofessional response from the gm. I Was told to skip it and move on.. However on the 2nd quest it took me nearly 2 hours of time, and I got nothing for it.. I only get about 2-4 hours a day to game.. I wasted an evening and am told to suck it up.. unacceptable.

What are my options. I would love to talk to escalation, or management.. Why is this issue acceptable? The game has been out a few years.. All this and Perfect world has the nerve to troll me for $200 for a lifetime subscription? I am a paying gold player.. I expect a whole lot better support for my money.

Does anyone have a way to reach this ivory tower that apparently couldn't give a rats a$$ about their customers experience?

In my opinion they should be fixing this game breaking issue instead of expanding it.

Shame on you Cryptic, I played COH/COV for years.. and Shame on you Perfect world your support is near the bottom of what I have had to deal with in a long time.

To think I was actually strongly considering life time subscription till I got this kind of treatment..