Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Ensign
# 21
10-22-2012, 06:27 PM
I love the idea for something new we need a change and this can deff be a good thing
Commander
# 22
10-22-2012, 06:38 PM
To expand on what I said earlier, how about massive 20vs20 or even 30vs30 (high as it can go) of a full scale massive battle between 2 or 3 factions for control of a territory. Have Admiral Quinn on ESD and the Klingon/Romulan counterpart directing the whole thing from ESD. Have the battle streamed live to ESD so people can see everywhere how their brave Starfleet or brave Klingon/Romulans are defending their name in combat. Have environmental anomalies in battle to help make the battle more than pew pew pew you die and more strategic and logistic. Admiral Quinn assigns these Fleet Admirals to head fleets (hell have fleets fight on the front lines) to carry out assignments. Whether it is on the front line or even behind enemy lines. There is so much that can be done with PvP

Also, the idea to fight along side the greats as the OP has stated, "Or, go to ground and fight as your favorite characters from every movie and each series: Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Sulu, Riker, Data, LaForge, Nero, Alternate Universe Kirk, Dahar Master Kang, Sela, Khan, Gul DuKat, Major Kira, General Chang, Mirror Universe Kirk, The Duras Sisters, etc." how about you can be able to fight along side them on the holodecks on your starbase for more experienced players (some battles are access from starbases only) and most of the icons you can fight with (or fight as....) during training simulations on Starfleet Academy. These battles will teach players not only teamwork, but strategy.
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up

Last edited by starcommando101; 10-22-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Captain
# 23
10-22-2012, 07:08 PM
I dunno... does the game even support that many players in one spot without turning into a DS9 lagfest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 24
10-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
I dunno... does the game even support that many players in one spot without turning into a DS9 lagfest?
Yeah, I don't think it does considering the servers can't even handle effects renderting in a 5v5 in normal pvp. They'd have to invest ludacris amounts of money just to buy the servers capable of handling pvp battles of that magnitude.

However..., it would be nice.

But keep adding to the idea guys. I think what's most important about this thread is that we come to it with creative ideas and generate a buzz over the core concept!
Commander
# 25
10-24-2012, 01:44 AM
ok another idea, how about for territorial battles, when you win in space combat, it doesn't guarantee that you have taken over the system, you need to actually win in ground combat to totally take over the system.

two battles going on at once.

For instance. If the Klingons lose in space but win on the ground, Starfleet can blockade them and prevent the Klingons from beaming down reinforcements until they lose in space (hell even if they add a way to sneak past the blockade),

So since Starfleet can't seem to take them on ground, they will have to call in more reinforcements to deal with it.
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Career Officer
# 26
10-24-2012, 02:41 AM
Yeah, make the Klingon/Federation War mean something tangible in the game. Make it so that the only sectors in the game that aren't under territorial dispute are the home sector blocks or the sector blocks that are being reserved for other future factions.
Lieutenant
# 27
10-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Wait, Data had a Nebbie???
Shimmer,

I forget the TNG episode, but the Feds were trying to stay out of the Klingon civil war after Gowron took power. They supported him, but his enemies, the Duras, were leaning on the Romulans for supplies. To counteract this, the Feds sent a fleet to the KDF/Rom border and set up a tachyon detection grid (the console on the Neb). Data was given command of a neb and was able to use some photons to expose some warbirds --- who then realized that the jig was up and left, leaving the Duras on their own.
Career Officer
# 28
10-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Thus making Data and his Nebula a perfect nominee for Iconic PvP
Commander
# 29
10-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah Data fired torp spread2 with no points spec'd into torps or torp consoles. xD doing no damage.

Well this is just another "revitalizing pvp" thread for the books.

But you want revitalization? Go into the queues. Show that there's a player base before asking for stuff.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Captain
# 30
10-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
But you want revitalization? Go into the queues. Show that there's a player base before asking for stuff.
To an extent, this is kind of how it goes, eh?

Far too often, players have told devs that the players will do X if the devs make it. Too often, the devs do X...but the players do not do it. It's not really what they wanted - not what they thought it would be...something that not everybody wanted, etc, etc, etc.

Show them there is a thriving community on the other hand - a community that's a source of revenue - then they may toss something out there, see how it goes - if it goes well, the community continues to thrive or even grow...then they toss out the next thing, etc, etc, etc.

In reading this thread - it made me think of some discount game you might find in a bargin bin at Wal-Mart, tbh... some people still think of STO as a MMORPG (as crazy as they may sound) - suggesting that they remove aspects of that just to make it a TPS/FPS game...meh.