Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I've seen decent results, so I'm not convinced the RNG is actually broken.
like i said above, the quality odds seem fine to me and the results all fall into what would be a classic bell curve if I plotted them.

The issue IMO is that the is very little variety in the actual console. I can tell that other people are having the same results because it isnt even worth trying to sell some of them anymore. No one wants them in the first place and there are like 200 listed at any time.

There are about 3 that come up for me over and over and over and they come in all three colors.

On the other hand I do the engy console mission and there is variety. It just XII.

I feel I can say in confidence that either some consoles have been weighted higher than others to appear or there is some kind of bug with the odds. It could be on purpose to keep us chasing the carrot.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Rihannsu
# 22
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
The last time my Doffs made a console it was a Phaser Relay, so the odds of useful consoles don't seem that bad... (although this was a regular console mission not the Artifact mission)
Career Officer
# 23
07-11-2012, 12:09 PM
for as much as you console crafters charge you should get a nice streak of crappy consoles
Commander
# 24
10-18-2012, 06:55 AM
I have crafted over 30 artifacts with purple Eng doffs with resolve and stubborn and cunning at %24-%51-%24 (wheres the other %1 Cryptic?) and I keep getting green Pre-fire chambers and directed energy modulators. Not a single Tac console that boosts an energy type. Something seems off. I have received a few blue Eng consoles. But so far 16 green directed energy modulators. The number seem way off and its seems that the drop is not random but purposefully dropping junk consoles.
Lieutenant
# 25
10-18-2012, 07:45 AM
1.Assignment: Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities is not spawning anymore in the last 5 days and i've searched in specified locations. (Uncommon ? , it's more like Very rare assignment.)
2. Since i finished Assignment chain: Children's Toys i got only 8 (eight) strange alien artifacts.
3. The first console was a purple one (something about recovering shields) so the chance for 1st console is purple 100%, confirmed by many players. (sold on exchange for 5 mil- i needed money to buy some doffs)
4. The other 2 console were Green and both were Pre-fire chambers (in a row ofc, at few days difference )
5. 2 strange Artifacts i sold them fast on exchange and now i have saved 3 artifacts in my inventory...
6. I'm thinking it's better to sell strange/powered artifacts on exchange, trying to craft them it's a waste of time and resources, also i Might ignore this assignment and stop wasting time to search it in the next future..
Or i might save a good stack of powered artifacts then i'll start the crafting assignment for chance test and i will make a table on wikia ,same as Fleet_Engineering_Personnel-Common Quality Duty Officer pack chances
<br>(i'll give it one more try to craft ,soon,and if still Pre-fire green then screw it -might be bugged - lots of assignments are bugged , for example klingon interior chef assignments when if you try to start assignment then close interface ,the assignments gets cooldowns - crafting assignments from Tribble tufflis )

A (dissapointed) wikia contributor..
Seems there is a high chance for pre-fire chamber green consoles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
I feel I can say in confidence that either some consoles have been weighted higher than others to appear or there is some kind of bug with the odds. It could be on purpose to keep us chasing the carrot.
There are 19 Engineering Consoles
There are 12 Science Consoles
There are 16 Tactical Consoles
(normal ,not special ones)

and from all these , ppl gets mostly Pre-fire chambers or same consoles ?? This is "weird" don't you think ?? the obtaining pecentage is not random, it is pre-made

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
The issue IMO is that the is very little variety in the actual console. I can tell that other people are having the same results because it isnt even worth trying to sell some of them anymore. No one wants them in the first place and there are like 200 listed at any time.
well ~40 consoles it's not low ( The Commodities are fewer but you don't receive same commodity from ""Disable freighter"" assignment everytime..that i call it real Random chance) but we will see in chat, ppl offering for free , some purple mk12 consoles due to the higher percentage drops and other (rarer) consoles types being on auction for more than 50 mil..and lots of ppl will use inferior consoles..

Edit: I needed 2 purple tacti console and i bought them from exchange for 1 mil. each with the money from selling first purple console .Other equipped consoles right now are normal blue MK11
"Every moment we live, we are moving through time." (Vosk, on the power of time travel, "Storm Front"- ENTERPRISE season 4 episode 1)

Last edited by criss11; 10-18-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 26
10-18-2012, 09:23 AM
It's a misunderstanding of how probabilities work. Two people getting similar and undesired result doesn't mean the system is unfair or has hidden elements.

30 consoles is clearly too few to gives a good %. Considering the number of consoles existing in game (at least 50), you'll need to craft 10.000 of them to get reliable stats. Stats based on smaller samples have no meaning at all. Good luck!

Last edited by diogene0; 10-18-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Commander
# 27 Crafting XII console results
10-21-2012, 07:38 PM
I asked everyone in my fleet to donate artifacts to me for an experment. I collected 60 so far. I ran the mission non-stop, as soon as it finished I started a new one. Did this for 3 days. My mission is set to %24 purple %51 Blue and %24 Green and here are the results: 24 consoles crafted. 16 science consoles. 3 purple, 7 Blue, 6 Green. 5 Eng colsoles: 1 purple, 1 Blue, 3 Green. 3 Tac consoles: all Green Pre-fire chambers. Thats %50 green not %24. And there is a obvious leaning toward junk science consoles 4 were Bio function and 3 Force fields generators. Take what you will from these results. I am going to get upto 100 artifact and craft them all should take 2 weeks to craft 100 consoles and then post the results. My guess is it will be mostly Green science consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Here is every console I have done so far, in order from the first to the last one.

Purple [Console - Science - Sensor Probes Mk XII]
Green [Console - Engineering - SIF Generator Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Tactical - Antiproton Mag Regulator Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Science - Field Generator Mk XII]
Green [Console - Engineering - Emergency Force Fields Mk XII]
Purple [Console - Tactical -Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XII]
Purple [Console - Engineering - Tetraburnium Hull Armor Mk XII]
Green [Console - Tactical - Ambiplasma Envelope Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Tactical - Phaser Relay Mk XII]
Green [Console - Science - Emitter Array Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Science - Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk XII]
Purple [Console - Tactical - Disruptor Induction Coil Mk XII]
Green [Console - Tactical - Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk XII]
Green [Console - Tactical - Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Engineering - Plasma Distribution Manifold Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Science - Field Generator Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Tactical - Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XII]
Green [Console - Tactical - Transphasic Compressor Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Tactical - Directed Energy Distribution Manifold Mk XII]
Green [Console - Engineering - Parametallic Hull Plating Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Science - Flow Capacitor Mk XII]
Green [Console - Science - Sensor Probes Mk XII]
Green [Console - Engineering - Injector Assembly Mk XII]
Blue [Console - Engineering - EPS Flow Regulator Mk XII]
Green [Console - Tactical - Chroniton Flux Regulator Mk XII]
Green [Console - Tactical - Prefire Chamber Mk XII]
Green [Console - Engineering - Plasma Distribution Manifold Mk XII]
Green [Console - Engineering - RCS Accelerator Mk XII]
Green [Console - Engineering - Injector Assembly Mk XII]
Commander
# 29
10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow you are getting way more tac consoles that me. I have crafted 6 more since my last post and all 6 were science consoles. 1 purple, 2 blue 3 green.
Commander
# 30
10-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Thats 22 out of 30 Consoles being SCI. I dont know if it is the DOFF's im assigning or what. All very rare Fab Eng's with Resolve, Stubborn, or Cunning, For %24-%51-%24. I wonder where the other %1 is? Crazy!