Captain
# 81
10-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeha i'm getting near cnstant "Undergoing maintinance messages" for like 2 days now.
Ensign
# 82
10-21-2012, 02:26 PM
AHA!!!
So what your saying is its for the tribble server only. And being a silver account (although I buy loads of stuff) gives me no access to tribble and thus that'll be why I can't get on...

Where does it say tribble in the blurb? I wouldn't have tried then if I had a known......
Ensign
# 83 STO Gateway
10-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Hi,

I'm unable to log into the gateway through Google Chrome on Win7 home pro 64x as well as Safari on my apple phone.
I get messages such as "invalid username/password" and similar.
I believe you can log in using your perfect world account (the same one I used to log into this forum in order to reply - so it clearly works).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Danny
Career Officer
# 84
10-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sichanka View Post
Hi,

I'm unable to log into the gateway through Google Chrome on Win7 home pro 64x as well as Safari on my apple phone.
I get messages such as "invalid username/password" and similar.
I believe you can log in using your perfect world account (the same one I used to log into this forum in order to reply - so it clearly works).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Danny
Do you have an account on the Tribble test server? If not, that could be why you're getting that message.
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
10-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Visited the site last night on my Nexus 7 tablet. The gateway knocked me off while I was retrieving the Account Guard digits (as it did on my Win7 laptop and Android 2.2 device), but after I got past the Account Guard, the page worked without error, as far as I can remember. So that's two devices that work, and one Android 2.2 phone that has issues :p

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Starfleet Veteran
# 86
10-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyydickyy View Post
AHA!!!
So what your saying is its for the tribble server only. And being a silver account (although I buy loads of stuff) gives me no access to tribble and thus that'll be why I can't get on...

Where does it say tribble in the blurb? I wouldn't have tried then if I had a known......
I'm not sure if it actually says that or not. Initially, I thought they were testing against Holodeck also; however, from a testing standpoint, it does make more sense to bounce it off the test server, in case the service causes unanticipated problems, high server load, etc. I think the blurb announce it was "available to the public" was a bit misleading, personally, as obviously not everyone who plays STO has used Tribble.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Rihannsu
# 87
10-22-2012, 01:47 PM
When viewing on the iPhone Safari browser, the security code pop-up appears and does not fully appear on screen, scrolling down by swiping only scrolls to the border of the page the pop up appeared on, so you can't see all of the pop-up to be able to enter the details it asks for and enter them. This renders the site unaccessable.

EDIT: Also, like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2iceo View Post
Pinching on my iPhone 5 doesn't do anything for zooming on the site. I did try that. I tried through both Chrome and Safari on my device.
I also found that pinching makes no difference. Also, suggesting that we try it presumes we are slow minded. Just sayin'...

Last edited by spencerelden; 10-22-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Career Officer
# 88
10-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Same problem with Chrome and Safari on iOS 6 with an iPhone 5. I can't scroll down to hit submit and pinch to zoom out does not work.
Career Officer
# 89
10-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forjoatinxan View Post
I reported this in the other thread. They are not responding regarding it.

Ignoring Windows 8 perhaps? Using the excuse that it's not released?

Is anyone here running Windows 8 actually able to log in?

-Forjo
Well it has RTM'd for a little while... but as of Friday they wont have that excuse, I suspect it is prioritisation. That said I have now tried this on 3 separate Windows 8 PC's all running the code that is coming out on Friday and all exhibit the same behaviour...

I also get the same behaviour on Phone 7... It works fine if I fire up a VM with Windows7 and IE9...
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet
Starfleet Veteran
# 90
10-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat View Post
Well it has RTM'd for a little while... but as of Friday they wont have that excuse, I suspect it is prioritisation. That said I have now tried this on 3 separate Windows 8 PC's all running the code that is coming out on Friday and all exhibit the same behaviour...

I also get the same behaviour on Phone 7... It works fine if I fire up a VM with Windows7 and IE9...
Interestingly enough it worked fine on my Lumia. Were you in mobile mode or desktop mode? Mine is in mobile mode.

-Forjo
Join Date: Aug 2008 -------------------- My oldest post (that I can find)
Location: Houston, TX ------------------ Former Cryptic User #11424

Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
Closed Thread