Career Officer
# 41
10-22-2012, 08:01 PM
It's a shame that all of the good feedback on the bulk of the bad incoming changes will go ignored by Cryptic/PWE. I'm sure they have made more than eough to support Neverwinter through the rest of the development stage but STO players that feel like their wallets are consistantly ***** by this company for a francise the players care about will ensure they stay far away from the next thing to come out of this company and many more beyind that!
Empire Veteran
# 42
10-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
I agree, why do Klingons have an Embassy??? I find that very odd. Shouldn't the Klingon counterpart have been something like a Garrison??? That would have kept things in line (marauding rather than diplomacy).

The decision just does not make sense to me.
Reminds me even if they did do a RSE version of what the KDF is or better... It would just be an additional cut and paste under the theme of the federation view of the quadrant with the words Klingon Empire or Romulan Star Empire to start off. After that it would just be abbreviated although you will never see the federation shortened in dialogue.

I'm sure they do all they can but to do the game/franchise/IP justice they either need to do it right or give the reins over to someone who can. I for one am tired of this cut and paste with federation propaganda while trying to enjoy the gagh while it still can move.

Cut and paste of this magnitude will never stop tho they will eventually make a Borg Faction that will do stf's and the borg npc's will say resistance is futile... and ummm I'd be sitting there saying yea dude I know... I am like borg and stuff... Pure lazy yep I can see this happening too.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 10-22-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Captain
# 43
10-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
It would get sweeter by the second, if they weren't simultaneoulsy jacking DOFF dilithium costs thru the roof.

Or in other words, making it much more dilithium-expensive to complete ANY project, Starbase or Embassy.
Ugh. Simple fix. Find an officer exchange (Karemma, Paradan, and similar... those are the best as the worst-case scenario is getting a green) and downgrade the result.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
10-23-2012, 12:13 AM
I don't quite get the complains from some that KDF would not have an embassy. They do, this is canon, and the assumption that Klingons would be too dumb to see the usefulness of talking to your friends and to neutrals astonishes me a lot.

Of course the Klingons are interested in what the Romulans have to offer in exchange for cooperation, especially since the Klingon Empire will be the stronger partner in this cooperation!

Regarding the Romulan Doffs and Boffs, I assume they will be tradeable, so that is how people without a big fleet can get them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
10-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Season 7: The Rom-Com

or a more cynical one:

Season 7: The Rom-Con.
Career Officer
# 46
10-23-2012, 03:32 AM
Season 7 = shiny new stuff on crappy servers that keep going down. But never mind that - we're only supposed to care about the shiny new stuff!

Wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 47
10-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
crappy servers that keep going down.
pffft that's working as intended!

Just like all the other changes in season 7 it's designed to slow any notable progress down to an absolute crawl. We should be thanking cryptic for getting to experience an early preview of season 7 content on the live servers!
Joined August 2008
Career Officer
# 48
10-23-2012, 05:48 AM
It's expected that Cryptic will be stripping the ability to earn dilithium from STFs. That's a massive influx of fleet resources that we could loose. Therefore we're going to have to spend more real money to make it up - Or stop altogether.

According to Tribble, Cryptic is going to charge people for picking up duty officers from the Academies that are currently free. While one person doesn't make a massive amount of DoFF's from the system, a fleet worth does make an impact on it's development. If we will be made to pay then that's more real money needed to make it up plus more dilithium going into a system with very little return.

Let's not forget that it costs dilithium to buy ships now, a LOT for new players.

At the rate Cryptic is monopolizing STO - it's soon going to become more expensive to play Star Trek Online FTP then it ever was under the subscription system. That is NOT progress. That's a sign that the developers simply wish to sponge as much money out of the playerbase before moving on.

Dilithium is simply becoming too important a currency to strive for anymore. Fleet starbases will languish at Tier II - III.5 as people realize that grinding for identical starbases simply becomes too much like work, and less of a game.

For any developers that read this, it's time you took a step back and considered the long view. Don't drive people away simply because you have the ability to.
Empire Veteran
# 49
10-23-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I don't quite get the complains from some that KDF would not have an embassy. They do, this is canon, and the assumption that Klingons would be too dumb to see the usefulness of talking to your friends and to neutrals astonishes me a lot.
Yes it's definitely canon, people ranting on this point should have a better knowledge of the IP.

I remember an DS9 episode where O'Brian was infiltrating the orion syndicate and there's something related to a Klingon ambassador. I don't remember that precisely but there are Klingon embassies and ambassadors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Regarding the Romulan Doffs and Boffs, I assume they will be tradeable, so that is how people without a big fleet can get them.
It's been my first thought. There's a 50% chance they forgot to bind boffs - and they shouldn't change that since it would lower the rant on the forums. They often forget to do that, many special boffs are tradeable.
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
10-23-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
It's expected that Cryptic will be stripping the ability to earn dilithium from STFs. That's a massive influx of fleet resources that we could loose. [...]
Why wouldn't you just do other missions which give Dilithium instead? Like the Gorn Minefield, the Klingon scout force, the Breen or Eta Eridani missions, or the PvP dailies?

You can perfectly get your 8k Dilithium per day in one hour of playtime without ever doing an STF.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584