Career Officer
# 11
10-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
oh, i should have mentioned. We're usually in the open Arena queues. We're very new at PvPing as a team and don't feel cofident enough to take on any serious premades yet.
Oh! Well, prepare to be the most hated fleet in the game if you bring 5x AMS consoles to a PuG.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Career Officer
# 12
10-23-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
Oh! Well, prepare to be the most hated fleet in the game if you bring 5x AMS consoles to a PuG.
Even if we combine it with 5 ships with SS3&2?

I'm pretty sure this could make us not only undefeatable, but also unplayable... :/
Career Officer
# 13
10-23-2012, 05:59 AM
its still bad that it isnt resisted like ss but otherwise...

i use what i want for my build. the only thing questionable is the GP but i usually dont fire it unless someone else does or im hit by an ams (love hitting my own team )
Career Officer
# 14
10-23-2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
But back to my main ethical dilemma. Is it OK for a premade to use AMS? And is it OK for a premade to use SS?
its lol when people would complain about ss1 but use ams. ss is a bo power and ams is a console. even if team a is using ss3, its very bad tast for team b to use ams. i dont mind premades using ss1 2 or 3, since i can still see everyone. but ams will just black everyone out and mostly follows by a tric mine spam.
Career Officer
# 15
10-23-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
It's fine really: 20 second immunity and a long assed cooldown too for the power too.
lol are you sure?????????? because u can bug out the immunity if you chain ams with ams or ams with ss

crap thought i also had quoted your thing about vm and doffs oh well. the vm doffs are not even op in the least. just wait 5 secs into vm then clear with et. that will disable the vm doff procs.

Last edited by broken1981; 10-23-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
10-23-2012, 06:13 AM
I hated ams, however its not as bad as PMS. That s*it is op.
-------------------------

Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Career Officer
# 17
10-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminius View Post
I hated ams, however its not as bad as PMS. That s*it is op.
getting wife agro? slip her some midol.
Career Officer
# 18
10-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
just wait 5 secs into vm then clear with et. that will disable the vm doff procs.
Hmm. Really?

I'll try that next time. Glad to hear I could have avoided that crap.

Sucks to hear that people can bug the immunity. Oh well, I don't use SS anyway.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 19
10-23-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Hmm. Really?

I'll try that next time. Glad to hear I could have avoided that crap.

Sucks to hear that people can bug the immunity. Oh well, I don't use SS anyway.
eh, i dont either. the target switching is annoying. but i have 6 into sencors on my sci so it dont last long. ams just ignores sencors. about vm, just wait till vm has like 3 secs left then use et if u need to to kill the doff procs. mostly i use bats on my healer so i just fight the vm. it cant target sheild power so spam extends all you want too.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-23-2012, 06:33 AM
AMSing is bad.

SS is... well, it used to be that nobody ran with SS builds because they were simply annoying and would just lead to a situation where it was countered with more scrambles and thus created a circle of annoying SS usage that didn't really increase anybody's enjoyment of the game.
But then Cryptic decided that they needed to nerf CPB and TachBeam and thus left SS as one of the few sci abilities that are still somewhat useful...

We had the total scrambling back in 2011 when some teams were running with more than 6 copies of SS2/3, and it was possible to survive. But it was no fun to play these matches.

Is it op? Probably not so much. But balance and fun are different things.