Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 201
10-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsivar View Post
While these Leagues are intended to be Space, if there is enough interest in Ground then I'd be happy to add in a schedule for it.

However if you were intending to go for the Space section then I need to know the Ship(s) that you intend to use and the timezone that you're from for scheduling purposes
Just trying to bring a little attention to the ground pounders. If that happens, I'm in.

As for space... I'm more likely to be a liability to any team I'm on, and to get trounced in 1v1. Also I haven't played SPvP in months, maybe a year.
Empire Veteran
# 202
10-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Well, ive seen what Maikai can do with that set in combination with whatever BOFF/DOFF setup he has, and its really really powerful. If the interpretation is going to be like that, then im rather relcutant to participate as people have already payed to win, where there is no complete fairness for all. Its like pitting FC Barcelona against LA Galaxys and you know LA Galaxys has NO chance whatsoever, cause Barca got the money to buy all the best trainers and players.

If this tournament is going to be fun and fair, NO universal consoles are allowed. There is no pvp skill involved when someone has bought their way to victory then actually competing with the same achievable gear/skills.
I understand that it can be very powerful, however it is my hope that the setting of 1v1 will provide a partial correction since loading up 3 special consoles becomes detrimental to a ship's performance when unsupported. If I am incorrect and it provides an extreme advantage to those using the time-ships then I'll take steps to even it out.

However, there is a reason that I am allowing some consoles and disallowing others, mainly because I cannot please everybody and I want to draw the most people possible. If I remove all consoles then I turn people away, if I allow all consoles then I turn people away, by allowing some and disallowing others I try to hit a compromise and get the most people in.

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Captain
# 203
10-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
I understand that it can be very powerful, however it is my hope that the setting of 1v1 will provide a partial correction since loading up 3 special consoles becomes detrimental to a ship's performance when unsupported. If I am incorrect and it provides an extreme advantage to those using the time-ships then I'll take steps to even it out.

However, there is a reason that I am allowing some consoles and disallowing others, mainly because I cannot please everybody and I want to draw the most people possible. If I remove all consoles then I turn people away, if I allow all consoles then I turn people away, by allowing some and disallowing others I try to hit a compromise and get the most people in.
I agree you cant satisfy all, but IF players are going to shy off cause they cant use their pay to win consoles, then that says ALOT about them. And its rather sad that players are becoming this way, that the only way they can win is to pay themselves to victory. Some pvp skill that is.

But fair enough try and see how it goes, but my gut feeling is already telling me that people who has spent the most money will win pr default.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lieutenant
# 204
10-23-2012, 09:14 AM
is there still room in the tournament in the 1v1 bracket?

Jedi Master Yoda
tac/Jem hadar attack ship
United States

@minitrckin08 Turkish RP Heros

Last edited by evilghost1026; 10-23-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Commander
# 205
10-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Or the 2v2 bracket? 3v3 Bracket?

@PaxOttomana
Mobius Tactical
Canada

PaxOttomana Turkish RP Heroes

Last edited by paxottoman; 10-23-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 206
10-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Or the 2v2 bracket? 3v3 Bracket?
All of the Leagues have unlimited space so there is room, there just haven't been any sign-ups for the 2v2/3v3 yet unfortunately, however I'm hopeful and just giving it time so if you want to sign up for either feel free

Last edited by therealsivar; 10-23-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Captain
# 207
10-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Need to know what you're using and what time zone you're in bud

While these Leagues are intended to be Space, if there is enough interest in Ground then I'd be happy to add in a schedule for it.

However if you were intending to go for the Space section then I need to know the Ship(s) that you intend to use and the timezone that you're from for scheduling purposes

I'm not overly concerned about the temporal 3-set since loading on that many consoles has its disadvantages in a 1v1 setting, but in truth it's something that we'll really just have to see how it plays out before I can make a decision on it.
Sorry

Tac - Jemmy
(Alternative) Sci - Recluse (2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3) Just need a friendly group needing a healer

I'm South African so I think that makes me GMT +2 But if its over the weekend, time is my friend!

Could someone be kind enough just to pop me a mail detailing the time etc. Much appreciated.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 10-24-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 208
10-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Just a reminder to people, sign-ups will be closing tomorrow and the League will start on Sunday, so sign up!

Career Officer
# 209
10-26-2012, 05:45 PM
MT's Pony@marctraider

1v1 signup.

bye.
Survivor of Romulus
# 210 Skull Squaron
10-27-2012, 03:55 AM
Add the Skull Squadron/Steel Talons to ur list
will forward a list of names asap did not realize it was the 27th

Great job the rulz seem fair and it is well laid good on ya man...8D

Tac/F.T.E.R@livin
Sci/L.R.R@livin
Eng/orbW@shaoman
Tac/bop@deathkgt
Eng/D'kora@chevy_rob
Tac/Galor@carbonuint13
Tac/jemmy@gofukur
Tac/F.T.E.R@lito_brigante

Contact
Kraven@Livin
Squadron Commander
Skull Squadron

Last edited by livinrtb; 10-28-2012 at 01:52 PM.