Career Officer
For this thread, I like to focus exclusively on the Buffs and Equipment of the Reputation system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulan

Tier 1: +3% Critical Chance (Ground) or +30 Weapon Proficency (Ground)
Tier 2: +3% Critical Chance (Space) or +30 Weapon Training (Space)
Tier 3: PSG Shield Heal or 20% Knockback Chance on Critical
Tier 4: Shield Heal (Space) or 5% Chance to Placate
Tier 5: +100 Science Boost for 5 Seconds.
First off, isn't Romulan weapons Disruptors, not Plasma weaponry? They leave anti-protons, so why not a type of Disruptor with a weak Antiproton ability that can be used to reduce stealth? Surely that would be a popular weapon to fight Hirogen and Jem'Hadar.

The Tier 5 Science Boost, might be useful at certain times, but would it really be beneficial with 5 seconds to act?

But the Tier 4 Placate, I have to question this ability. Why a placate proc? It sounds like something counterproductive to placate a target while shooting at it, with the intention to destroy. Was the idea to reduce threat? Because most people will likely continue firing, making such a proc not very useful.

I think this ability should be rethought. Perhaps a 5% chance to have a severe Plasma proc by plasma weaponry? (This gives players a reason to use Plasma weapons).

With the Romulan Tier 3, I have to question the knockback proc. Currently in the STFs, a knockback during pulls is rather unpopular. Only time it would be useful in pushing Borg away from Nodes in CGE, knocking the Borg into the Plasma in IGE or off the ledge in ETH. But in normal combat, it could be a rather annoying ability, especially in Ground PvP.

Perhaps replacing it with a disruptor burn effect that reduces a target's accuracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg:

Tier 1: +0.05% Regeneration (Ground) or +30 Weapon Proficency (Ground)
Tier 2: +0.05% Regeneration (Space) or +30 Weapon Training (Space)
Tier 3: Slow Borg Adaptation Ability or PSG Shield Regeneration
Tier 4: 5% Chance to Placate or Shield Regeneration (Ship)
Tier 5: Medical Nanite
Given the Romulan abilities, the first thing I have to question is these abilities only for Borg and Romulans or they are permanent power boosts? Because that could mean a player could stack Weapon abilities for a total of +60 in both space and on the ground.

And given Tier 3, I think players would likely spend points on Shield Regeneration since it would be useful for anytime (unless this only works in borg zones).

Tier 4, another placate ability, which with the Romulan Placate could mean %10 proc (unless there is somekind of diminishing return). So what could that mean for both PvP and PvE with such an ability?

Tier 5: Free Medical Nanites sounds like quite a nice tool. But what of ramifications in Ground PvP? Or perhaps it could make PvE easy (even on Elite?)

As for the Omega store, why is there no Borg DOFFs from the old STF Store? Why not Borg Medical Kit (yes I know you can get them still in Terrordrome)? Why not new kits that adds to the STF sets as backpacks? Surely a new Tactical and Engineering Kits would be very welcome.

And why no Borg Bat'elth? Is this weapon meant to be just a relic of the past?

But the biggest question of all. Are Reputation Choices 1-time or will we have somekind of retrait ability if we happen to choose wrong?
Career Officer
# 2
10-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Well, the Placate Proc is only on a critical hit, so even you if max out your crit chance, its still pretty rare. Seems like a way to put a small dent in Enemy DPS to me.

The Shield Regen vs Slower Borg Adaptation doesn't seem like a no brainer to me. Four points of shield regen per second is basically only a -4 to -10 (if you're got lots of Shield DR buffs) to enemy DPS. Ground DPS can get *really* high compared to ground health, so I don't see it as a must take. I wouldn't notice it (I already don't notice differences in Shield Regen mods on Armor and Shields), so for me, I would take slower adaptation since I would notice that (cause it does happen where Borg will adapt in the minimum time required for both your energy types).

I agree on the knockback. Its not something I want as a random effect.

About Weapon Proficiency. I only have the numbers for space, but +60 Weapons Skill is +15ish % base damage. So about 3-4% total damage. Its nice, but getting +3% crit, +30 Weapons Training is also really tempting.

Also, I did not realize the Borg Medical kits still dropped in TerrorDrome. Looks like I have to start running that mission.
Career Officer
# 3
10-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Yeah, it still drops, though rare. Only reason to do Terrordrome these days, since it's been abandoned.

And I agree that that Crit + Weapon boost seems interesting.

I forgot to have this in my OP, but I also question that with the Borg Theme, why they didn't include somekind of Assmilation resistance? Given how fast assimilation is, I think people would've like the chance to slow it down enough to inject the cure without the need to have it hotkeyed.
Captain
# 4
10-23-2012, 09:44 AM
If there are 2 reputations, and one is the old stf omega/honor visuals, what visuals are on the other ?

I actually like the other faction's stf armor, in my case kling, I like their superman cape and shotgun nade launcher however I am still upset there are no new items

See I already have shield heals, I already have knockdown ability, I already have critical hits.

I tanked elite stf ground second I came on lev. 50 in all green being a rook tank - and it was easy.
There ain't nothing that's going to elvate my game in the slightest not even visually it could be +30,000 billion ^57 to knockdown and it would make no difference
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Wait, you can get the medical nanites on any char? I thought the T5 reward was related to career. Well, if everyone can use nanites now, I don't know why I should join any stf with a science char...
Career Officer
# 6
10-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
If there are 2 reputations, and one is the old stf omega/honor visuals, what visuals are on the other ?

I actually like the other faction's stf armor, in my case kling, I like their superman cape and shotgun nade launcher however I am still upset there are no new items

See I already have shield heals, I already have knockdown ability, I already have critical hits.

I tanked elite stf ground second I came on lev. 50 in all green being a rook tank - and it was easy.
There ain't nothing that's going to elvate my game in the slightest not even visually it could be +30,000 billion ^57 to knockdown and it would make no difference
They put the Romulan visuals on the Fleet Embassy.
Captain
# 7
10-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Because we so god damned sexy is why

But yeah some of us do actually go dps before the optional is lost you know

/edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
They put the Romulan visuals on the Fleet Embassy.
What do you mean, the other set is the "embassy set" meaning the other faction's stf gear ?

So the 2 armors you get are your own old one and the others' old one ?
Rihannsu
# 8
10-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Wait, you can get the medical nanites on any char? I thought the T5 reward was related to career. Well, if everyone can use nanites now, I don't know why I should join any stf with a science char...
There's a difference. The new ability has a 10 minute CD. you can't use it as often.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 9
10-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
There's a difference. The new ability has a 10 minute CD. you can't use it as often.
but it gives 15k HP. If you allow the Borg to deal such an amount of damage in less than 5 minutes there's something wrong in your STF. And 5 people can get it, so you can run it every two minutes. They just brought a god mode to STO...

And of course tac initiative will severly lower the CD on it. When I told you it was a god mode...

I guess that one more time it's not been tested with 5 guys chaining it.

So, if you test this with 5 tacs chaining tac initiative you'll end up seeing that this heal shouldn't give more than 500 or so hp at most, since regular drones barely hit your hp anyway. Even nerfed to 500 hp it can save and auto res one guy every minute or so with such a team. That already makes playing stfs a joke.

Last edited by diogene0; 10-23-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
10-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Because we so god damned sexy is why

But yeah some of us do actually go dps before the optional is lost you know

/edit

What do you mean, the other set is the "embassy set" meaning the other faction's stf gear ?

So the 2 armors you get are your own old one and the others' old one ?
No. I mean the Romulan costume unlock is embassy rather than rep. It comes with the tailor.