Captain
# 321
10-23-2012, 04:13 AM
I can just see it now. At the graduation ceremony, the key speaker stands:

"Congratulations on graduating from Starfleet Academy, Class of 2409. Unfortunately, none of you will be shipping out, as none of our Captains have any Dilithium to buy you with."

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Lt. Commander
# 322 How Much Is Enough For Them?
10-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Do they really expect people to buy/farm enough dilithium to pay for all of this new crap?

Weapons cost dil, equpment costs dill, Starbases are a ton of dil, new rep system costs dil, doffing costs dil.

Do they honestly expect players to fork over a hundered bucks extra every month on top of thier sub and other money already spent?
Career Officer
# 323
10-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
Do they really expect people to buy/farm enough dilithium to pay for all of this new crap?

Weapons cost dil, equpment costs dill, Starbases are a ton of dil, new rep system costs dil, doffing costs dil.

Do they honestly expect players to fork over a hundered bucks extra every month on top of thier sub and other money already spent?
Well the math alone on the STF's is 200k to get to the final rep tier + 36k Per Item. So full MACO/KHG Space / Ground and Full Omega Space/Ground will coast you 632,000 dilithium per Char. 0_o
Rihannsu
# 324
10-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Well the math alone on the STF's is 200k to get to the final rep tier + 36k Per Item. So full MACO/KHG Space / Ground and Full Omega Space/Ground will coast you 632,000 dilithium per Char. 0_o
Uh... where was it said to be 36k per item?

and why would you want to buy every peice of every set?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 325
10-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It's been posted, I think by salamiinferno.

He also mentioned the weapons will cost 'similar to dil store items'.

36 per set piece x 3 pieces = 108,000 dilithium
*approx 22k dil per weapon x 6 to 8 weapons = 132,000 to 176,000 dilithium
T5 rep unlock approx 200k dil = 200,000 dilithium

To gear a cruiser with MACO 3 piece, 8 weapons and rep =

484,000 dilithium

Current exchange price = 160 dil per 1 zen

Value of 1 character's worth of full STF gear = 3,025 zen ($30) OR 60 days of dilithium grinding at 8,000 dilithium per day*.

Since we are losing EDC, Salvage and Tech turn ins for Dilithium as well as I think losing Dilithium for Normal STFs (unconfirmed) while also gaining 2 more dil sinks in the DOFF system, 2 full reputation dil sinks and also the new Embassy sink - it is quite possible that the dil will become stronger vs. the zen.

*Having multiple characters does not necessarily help with this as they would need to be geared as well. Unless you have like 4-8 dilithium farm mules who only exist to feed your single main character.

Good luck getting those fleet & embassy dilithium donations.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 10-23-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Captain
# 326
10-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Ok being one of the "elite" doffers in the game I think I should chime in:

I have over 1500 purple doffs and over 2000 blues

I have never bought a purple or blue doff

I have made a complete Tier 3 Starbase - BY MYSELF

I have so many doffs I don't even know what I have.

I recently found out about the super rare purple Subnuke doffs - one being an Aquatic from the Ent T.V series - never new so I had do go check and sure enough I have more than 1/2 a dozen of them.

Most of my purples and blues have just come from doffing and very few from the grinder.

The Idea that someone will be hurt becoming good at doffing by these changes is garbage.

The idea that these changes should hurt small fleets from reaching tier 3 starbase is garbage

I know I have done both!!

Also Because Cryptic knows that a solo Tier 3 Base was finished 7 days ago - ie - mine - they have no plans to make changes below that tier from my understanding. Your welcome.

Last edited by levi3; 10-23-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 327
10-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Ok being one of the "elite" doffers in the game I think I should chime in:

I have over 1500 purple doffs and over 2000 blues

I have never bought a purple or blue doff

I have made a complete Tier 3 Starbase - BY MYSELF

I have so many doffs I don't even know what I have.

I recently found out about the super rare purple Subnuke doffs - one being an Aquatic from the Ent T.V series - never new so I had do go check and sure enough I have more than 1/2 a dozen of them.

Most of my purples and blues have just come from doffing and very few from the grinder.

The Idea that someone will be hurt becoming good at doffing by these changes is garbage.

The idea that these changes should hurt small fleets from reaching tier 3 starbase is garbage

I know I have done both!!

Also Because Cryptic knows that a solo Tier 3 Base was finished 7 days ago - ie - mine - they have no plans to make changes below that tier from my understanding. Your welcome.
It's nice for you to be unaffected by this change as your an "elite" outlier, but for the majority of us who don't have your super elite doffing skills the change will basically end most of our interest.

As long as your okay though, that's fine

so we're looking at 22k for the STF weapons too!? hmph this really will become dilithium hell, I would need 1.5 Million dilithium just to half equip each char and thats just for the STF's that doesn't including this ludicrous doff change or the embassies.
Career Officer
# 328
10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post

and why would you want to buy every peice of every set?
Oh dear someones in for a surprise...
Captain
# 329
10-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
It's nice for you to be unaffected by this change as your an "elite" outlier, but for the majority of us who don't have your super elite doffing skills the change will basically end most of our interest.

As long as your okay though, that's fine

so we're looking at 22k for the STF weapons too!? hmph this really will become dilithium hell, I would need 1.5 Million dilithium just to half equip each char and thats just for the STF's that doesn't including this ludicrous doff change or the embassies.
I am at a extreme end of the doff system to be sure, but that was not the point.

The point was that I got there without grinding doffs and using the games existing doff mechanics - granted I have also gone through hundreds of doff packs like the gamma back when they had the bug ship event - but any packs I get I buy with EC

This game allows anyone to make hundreds of millions of EC without spending a dime of real money.
Career Officer
# 330
10-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I am at a extreme end of the doff system to be sure, but that was not the point.

The point was that I got there without grinding doffs and using the games existing doff mechanics - granted I have also gone through hundreds of doff packs like the gamma back when they had the bug ship event - but any packs I get I buy with EC

This game allows anyone to make hundreds of millions of EC without spending a dime of real money.
How did you get that many?

Maybe the problem isn't with the costs but whatever you're doing, it falls outside the documentation of the average player, I think.