Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 61
10-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
I thought I read that Siphon Drones were getting changed next season.

As for Aceton Assimilators, the only thing that makes them such a pain in the arse is the built-in charged particle burst they emit every .5 seconds. Making mines, trics and plasma torps completely useless, not only against enemy targets but against the Assimilators themselves, forcing you to move the fight elsewhere till they drop another one.

This might be fine in Arena but in Cap N' Hold, it totally gives one side the advantage.

Remove the CPB effect and Aceton Assimilators would be just another annoying console but little else.
Heavy Torpedoes Suck anyway. Acetons don't change that.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 62
10-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wast33 View Post
most likely not when a klingon has set an aceton assimiliator in the mid of the fed spawn, as just happened in a match.
it stayed the whole match, torps turrets did not get in action and i got an energy-weapons only build. no speak about 2, 3, or more of them in a row...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
For some reason two assimilators can be deployed at a time and in a very short time, which wouldn't be so bad if mines and heavy torpedoes could be used against them. Maybe they can sell us a TBR console with a cool down similar to the assimilators.

If I ever figure out how to load up a Voldy upgrade on my Complaint I'll be thrilled to fire off some Gravity Wells or Warp Plasma.

At least the old Alpha Strike teams took skill and timing.
1) Each player cannot deploy more than two Aceton Assimilators at a time. Deploying a third will make the first go away. Their cooldown between deployments is 45 seconds.
2) Drains do not stack if there are two Aceton Assimilators owned by the same player draining you. I have not tested another two Assimilator owners draining a single target.
3) The drain is capped at 50% of what it says it can drain. If you have 6 points in Power Insulators, you resist the drain 100%.
4) The time limit on the Assimilators is 5 mins, I believe. If your match didn't last 5 mins...I don't know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
As for Aceton Assimilators, the only thing that makes them such a pain in the arse is the built-in charged particle burst they emit every .5 seconds. Making mines, trics and plasma torps completely useless, not only against enemy targets but against the Assimilators themselves, forcing you to move the fight elsewhere till they drop another one.

This might be fine in Arena but in Cap N' Hold, it totally gives one side the advantage..
If you don't fire on it, the radiation damage is between 30-90, depending on what points you have in Particle Generators and if you're buffing it with tactical skills. Nothing significant. Until you fire on them with energy weapons.

In Cap N' Hold, don't shoot it with energy weapons, and you'll be fine.

Frankly, I was using Aceton Assimilators on my B'rel Retrofit as a means to punish FAW spams. Now I use it for FAW spams and tricobalt mine control.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 63
10-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
1) Each player cannot deploy more than two Aceton Assimilators at a time. Deploying a third will make the first go away. Their cooldown between deployments is 45 seconds.
2) Drains do not stack if there are two Aceton Assimilators owned by the same player draining you. I have not tested another two Assimilator owners draining a single target.
3) The drain is capped at 50% of what it says it can drain. If you have 6 points in Power Insulators, you resist the drain 100%.
4) The time limit on the Assimilators is 5 mins, I believe. If your match didn't last 5 mins...I don't know what to say.


If you don't fire on it, the radiation damage is between 30-90, depending on what points you have in Particle Generators and if you're buffing it with tactical skills. Nothing significant. Until you fire on them with energy weapons.

In Cap N' Hold, don't shoot it with energy weapons, and you'll be fine.

Frankly, I was using Aceton Assimilators on my B'rel Retrofit as a means to punish FAW spams. Now I use it for FAW spams and tricobalt mine control.
Your common sense may not be welcomed here.......................
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 64
10-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Your common sense may not be welcomed here.......................
Gotta try anyways!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,183
# 65
10-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
combating siphons is not completely hopeless

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...F91C49CA7E074/

my EWP vs their siphon spam

EWP won

if you can slot EWP, do so when fighting klinks. give that friendly imoble escort and sci ship a helping plasma hand, inside a friendly plasma cloud is a siphon free zone

This is true. You have a particularly effective EWP.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 66
10-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Most of the people that are defending these abilities and items are the ones using them... Just saying

But when I can fly a kdf carry with a cpt that has 0 skill speck with these drones and crap on the ship and completely destroy someone its a bit retarded. One good thing about the assimilatior is it takes tric mine spam away bad thing is only the kdf can spam them then :/
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 67
10-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgrandalthor View Post
Most of the people that are defending these abilities and items are the ones using them... Just saying

But when I can fly a kdf carry with a cpt that has 0 skill speck with these drones and crap on the ship and completely destroy someone its a bit retarded. One good thing about the assimilatior is it takes tric mine spam away bad thing is only the kdf can spam them then :/
Yes, I use them. But, I also play my Klingon character 10% of the time and mostly play on my Fed.

Since I use them, I know what is a good way to deal with them and what is a bad way to deal with them.

As for not being to use them, try hitting the owner of the Assimilator with AMS or Scramble Sensors. An NPC hit me with SS in Fleet Alert, and I swear I saw my Assimilator damaging my team mates.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,091
# 68
10-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
1) Each player cannot deploy more than two Aceton Assimilators at a time. Deploying a third will make the first go away. Their cooldown between deployments is 45 seconds.
2) Drains do not stack if there are two Aceton Assimilators owned by the same player draining you. I have not tested another two Assimilator owners draining a single target.
3) The drain is capped at 50% of what it says it can drain. If you have 6 points in Power Insulators, you resist the drain 100%.
4) The time limit on the Assimilators is 5 mins, I believe. If your match didn't last 5 mins...I don't know what to say.


If you don't fire on it, the radiation damage is between 30-90, depending on what points you have in Particle Generators and if you're buffing it with tactical skills. Nothing significant. Until you fire on them with energy weapons.

In Cap N' Hold, don't shoot it with energy weapons, and you'll be fine.

Frankly, I was using Aceton Assimilators on my B'rel Retrofit as a means to punish FAW spams. Now I use it for FAW spams and tricobalt mine control.

again out of my experience:
yesterday i fought c&h (also did the-respec-thing on pi). first one or two matches were just fine. defiant (maco set), and no klink with aa's or apsd's.
then one or two klinks came in and started spamming the crap. from then on it was not a long way till (again) there were 2 aa's in fed spawn, feeded by phaser turrets (torp turrets don't go in charge anyway ^^) and no way to deal with them for me. the choice on what to fire is not easy when some klinks fire at the spawning ships.

also:
most times i spot aa's in pvp, apsd's are not far away. so the choice remains run, or mostly scatter volley (for an escort; which as stated doesn't work always good and will probably also hit an aa).

i now keep on runnning when spotting those, and next match i pack a carrier to hunt for klink pets and aa's.

so one suggestion at least could be some kind of "dome of doom". for those who arent aware of what that is (i know it from bf2 mods):
when you get into a set radius around the others faction base-spawn (what about more spawnpoints at all?! ), you will get a counter connected with a slow death. so move out of the dome, or die.
what do you think?

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 10-23-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 434
# 69
10-23-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't care whose faction has what ability. Bad mechanics are bad mechanics regardless.
__________________________________________
Foundry: Yet Another Borg Mission
It's terrible but easy, and these Borg are way cooler than the mess STO and Voyager left us.
May not actually be "way" cooler or even "slightly" cooler.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 70
10-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wast33 View Post
again out of my experience:
yesterday i fought c&h (also did the-respec-thing on pi). first one or two matches were just fine. defiant (maco set), and no klink with aa's or apsd's.
then one or two klinks came in and started spamming the crap. from then on it was not a long way till (again) there were 2 aa's in fed spawn, feeded by phaser turrets (torp turrets don't go in charge anyway ^^) and no way to deal with them for me. the choice on what to fire is not easy when some klinks fire at the spawning ships.

also:
most times i spot aa's in pvp, apsd's are not far away. so the choice remains run, or mostly scatter volley (for an escort; which as stated doesn't work always good and will probably also hit an aa).

i now keep on runnning when spotting those, and next match i pack a carrier to hunt for klink pets and aa's.

so one suggestion at least could be some kind of "dome of doom". for those who arent aware of what that is (i know it from bf2 mods):
when you get into a set radius around the others faction base-spawn (what about more spawnpoints at all?! ), you will get a counter connected with a slow death. so move out of the dome, or die.
what do you think?
APSD? Syphon Dones? If you're concerned about that, have a BOFF ready with Tractor Beam Repulsars that you can swap in as needed. Punt the assimilators and drones out of your spawn or area, and then you'll be fine. Chances are, you'll probably kill the assimilators before they owner could create new ones.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 PM.