Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 201
10-23-2012, 01:21 PM
actually now that this is in the correct forum, I see that this has been a problem since April

6 months ago.. I expect some official plan and answer on this topic.. 6 months for this caliber of issue and no public sorry we are working on it.. is not ok.

I love that this was moved to game play bugs, when my main point is I would like to communicate with someone in management to understand what their plan is to address this wide spread issue. I would also like to understand their GM policy as my experience so far has been about a 3/10 and I would like to know how as a company they intend to increase satisfaction and earn my business..
Commander
# 202
10-23-2012, 02:33 PM
hey I think I've fixed the problem if you have equipment on your ship like like borg tech you might need to disable all the visuals or enable all of them hope this helps
Ensign
# 203 Cutting the Cord
10-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Been trapped on the surface of Brea III for about 30 minutes now. Submitted a ticket no response. Cant beam up to ship or transwarp out it consistently gives me the "Couldn't Transfer Character" error.
Commander
# 204
10-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soto928 View Post
Been trapped on the surface of Brea III for about 30 minutes now. Submitted a ticket no response. Cant beam up to ship or transwarp out it consistently gives me the "Couldn't Transfer Character" error.
Same issue here except I chose the "Safe Log in" option which put me outside the Brea and I was able to continue the mission and complete it. This however should not be happening.
Empire Veteran
# 205
10-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Day four of the could not transfer character issue with the cold storage mission. ST:#121023-000663 let's see how long it takes support to get back to me and fix this issue.
Lieutenant
# 206
10-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Just started getting these about five minutes ago. Six months, and this problem hasn't even been addressed? Come on, Cryptic.
A map of known space, circa 2405 <--- Note where Iconia is. It's nowhere near Starbase 39.
Ensign
# 207
10-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Same here. Stuck on the Home Stretch portion of Rapier. I can go off and do other things, but I can't do the next part of the mission. Ticket raised though.
Ensign
# 208
10-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc2011a View Post
Same issue here except I chose the "Safe Log in" option which put me outside the Brea and I was able to continue the mission and complete it. This however should not be happening.
I'm in the same spot, but choosing the safe login did nothing for me. I even tried dropping the mission and restarting it, but no luck. Can't even get into the Brea system now without being kicked with the error message. It looks like this issue has been occurring for almost a year and no resolution yet?
Career Officer
# 209
10-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Well, I am a little hesitant at making any complaint posts as I have recently received a warning, I believe falsely merited, for flaming. My only thought is that the post that earned me the warning was against the moderators. There's nothing I can do about that but you can see my concern.

Still, this matter does need addressing and maybe it'll come to the dev's notices the more posts there are about it. We can hope, right?

Last night my friend and I were playing 'Cutting the Cord' and, after the ground section of the mission, I was beamed up to my ship to face Sela while my friend was given the Couldn't Transfer Character message and was ejected from the system. She attempted to re-enter and was denied several times. Just before I managed to beat Sela she was able to get back in -- to a different instance. Remember, we were still teamed up so she should have either received credit for my defeating Sela or, at the very least, been transferred into the original instance where I was.

This is not the only issue that the developer's seem to be blithely unconcerned about but as this thread is about this one I will not mention the others here

What I will say is that I hope the developer's get the message before it is too late and decide to fix things instead of adding unnecessary applications such as, for instance, the STO Gateway. I'd like to play the game, not see how well I may (or may not) be doing, on my cellphone or wherever else it can be utilized.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
Lieutenant
# 210
10-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim625 View Post
hey I think I've fixed the problem if you have equipment on your ship like like borg tech you might need to disable all the visuals or enable all of them hope this helps
It worked for me, good job my friend .
Closed Thread