Lt. Commander
# 1 Redeeming Content?
01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Bought the game yesterday through steam. There is special content, such as uniforms, to be redeemed. How do you do it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-02-2012, 05:30 PM
It depends on what the particular items are. Costumes, additional currency, character slots, etc. are generally unlocked automatically. For customes, you just edit a costume and make use of them. BTW, Customs are actually sets of costume pieces. You might have to hunt around a bit to get all of the right bits.

Most other items are obtained from the C-Store inside of the game. You items generally will be un the Items tab or Legacy Unlocks. Just select the items and the "Claim" button. The items will be added to your Inventory.

For ships, you might get an item that shows up in your inventory. The pop up text will tell you want the items is. To use it just right click the item and select Use from the menu. To use your ship, you need to go to Ship Requisitions (the door in the back of the Ship Yard) and select your ship at the Select Ship contact just inside Ship Requisitions. Otherwise claim your ship from the Ship Vendor like any other ship. And the goto the Select Ship contact to make it your current shilp.

I hope I answered your question and Welcome to the Game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Suppose to get the original series uniforms, as per the steam delux edition. They are not unlocked. I do not see anything that says "legacy." I see "items," but they are not under there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2012, 05:53 PM
There is nothing that you have to claim or unlocked. Costumes should by unlocked automatically. They should already be availalbe in the tailor. You will have to switch to the Advanced mode in order to select The Original Series costume pieces.

Edit: The above is provided that you have redeemed the game code you should have received. That game code is what make the extra content available to your account.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Edit: The above is provided that you have redeemed the game code you should have received. That game code is what make the extra content available to your account.
This is my problem. I too bought the deluxe Steam edition and there is a key code to enter to unlock a Phaser Turret, but I can't find any place to enter game codes and can't even find that item in the store.

Anyone know how to unlock items with codes?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE5LA View Post
This is my problem. I too bought the deluxe Steam edition and there is a key code to enter to unlock a Phaser Turret, but I can't find any place to enter game codes and can't even find that item in the store.

Anyone know how to unlock items with codes?
http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

There's a link to this right on the front page of the site too, where it says 'Redeem your key'.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

There's a link to this right on the front page of the site too, where it says 'Redeem your key'.
I finally had a brain spurt and figured that out, but thanks for replying.

Now if I can only find the special items I was promised in the package. Most things showed up in my inventory, but not the original Starfleet uniform set.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Should be available in the character editor. Go to one of the tailors on a space station and edit your uniform. The uniform should be in the third section and like said before select advanced. It should show up within the appropriate drop down menu with a green check mark beside it.
Ensign
# 9
10-23-2012, 07:05 PM
sorry to bump an old thread but im not aloud to post new ones yet and this is as close as i can get to what i need to know.

i brought this game (preordered infact) for about ?60 as the digitial deluxe one, now i see it is free, how are we that brought the game compensated?
now its free does that mean we need to spend money to get the good stuff?
Captain
# 10
10-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreaper2012 View Post
sorry to bump an old thread but im not aloud to post new ones yet and this is as close as i can get to what i need to know.

i brought this game (preordered infact) for about ?60 as the digitial deluxe one, now i see it is free, how are we that brought the game compensated?
now its free does that mean we need to spend money to get the good stuff?
'tis a zombie and will be closed.

But you retrain all of the things in the that you have earned before the F2P conversion. All of you charactrers, ships, Bridge Officers, pre-order items, personal and bank inventory, and other unlock are still there. And any unused character slots _should_ be there, but there is some weirdness in regards to that. If you hve over 10 million energy credits you will no loose them, but you won't be able to earn any more until you drop below the limit. Or up your EC limit via the service in the C-Store. Otherwise your account is a Silver Account and you have all of the features and limitations thereof.

And no you don't have to spent money if you don't want to. There is a new "time" current called Dilihtium which you earn in various was. You can earn as much as you want. But you can only turn 8000 of it into usable "currency" per day. Dilithium replaced the old badges, marks currencies of old. So basically hte good stuff is bought but Dilihtium.

And the other wrinkle is that there is a player driver Dilithium Exchange in which you can trade Dilithium for Zen Points or vice-versa. It's player driven. So you can with enough time can even buy stuff from teh C-Store w/o having to spend one cent of your own money.