Captain
# 11
10-23-2012, 12:55 PM
<deleted>
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-23-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Captain
# 12
10-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
No. I mean the Romulan costume unlock is embassy rather than rep. It comes with the tailor.
I still don't get it, the romulan costume is called embassy or it unlocks the embassy building/game mode and what comes with the tailor

/edit

What I am asking is how many costumes are there and what are they

/edit

So that it's

1. omega

2. cross dressing in either maco or honorguard (embassy) ?

Last edited by vestereng; 10-23-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
10-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Wait, you can get the medical nanites on any char? I thought the T5 reward was related to career. Well, if everyone can use nanites now, I don't know why I should join any stf with a science char...
Well, I do STFs with my science character for such fun as the Physicist Kit, which is very useful. In many ways I feel more useful with that kit than I do using my Tac. Plus, whilst it's a nice one-time use (though you're right, testing with 5x Tactical Initiative would be prudent, particularly for PvP), the Medic kit still has much more niceness and is most useful when you have to solo an STF boss. Would a team of tacs be able to do that easily without the short cooldown heals the kit gives you?

Tim

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
I still don't get it, the romulan costume is called embassy or it unlocks the embassy building/game mode and what comes with the tailor

/edit

/edit

So that it's

1. omega

What he's saying is that Omega reputation unlocks the Omega/MACO/KHG visuals (including the new costumes for the opposite faction adapted versions that are being introduced at T5 Reputation). Romulan Reputation unlocks no extra visuals, but your Fleet's Embassy has a tailor project to unlock a Romulan costume option, which is obviously only something that you can buy at your Fleet starbase (unless the Embassy also comes with a Tailor).
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.

Last edited by tmichc; 10-23-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
10-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Just a few notes.

Quote:
Tier 1: +3% Critical Chance (Ground) or +30 Weapon Proficency (Ground)
Tier 2: +3% Critical Chance (Space) or +30 Weapon Training (Space)
There's a display bug on Tribble right now that's indicating that you'll get +30 Weapon Proficiency or Weapon Training from some of the Romulan options. These are incorrect; the alternatives to Crit Chance are Personal Shield Systems and Starship Shields Systems.

Quote:
Tier 4: 5% Chance to Placate or Shield Regeneration (Ship)
The 5% Placate here is a bug - that was there as a placeholder. The alternative to Shield Regeneration is actually a 2.5% chance for your energy weapons to proc Kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration.

Quote:
First off, isn't Romulan weapons Disruptors, not Plasma weaponry?
Within the scope of STO, Romulans are intended to primarily use Plasma weapons. We're also adding Plasma/Disruptor hybrid weapons to the Romulan reputation system, and some NPCs may be retrofitted to use these.

Quote:
But the Tier 4 Placate, I have to question this ability. Why a placate proc? It sounds like something counterproductive to placate a target while shooting at it, with the intention to destroy. Was the idea to reduce threat? Because most people will likely continue firing, making such a proc not very useful.
Unlike Jam Sensors, this Placate proc isn't fragile, meaning you won't break it from dealing more damage.

Quote:
As for the Omega store, why is there no Borg DOFFs from the old STF Store?
We'll be re-implementing these eventually, but they won't be in right at launch.

Quote:
I think this ability should be rethought. Perhaps a 5% chance to have a severe Plasma proc by plasma weaponry? (This gives players a reason to use Plasma weapons).
One of the new suites of consoles available in the Romulan reputation system has a function similar to this. It essentially adds a Plasma proc to non-Plasma space weapons, and if you're already using Plasma space weapons it increases their raw damage. This is in addition to having other functions, such as science stat bonuses.

Quote:
Given the Romulan abilities, the first thing I have to question is these abilities only for Borg and Romulans or they are permanent power boosts? Because that could mean a player could stack Weapon abilities for a total of +60 in both space and on the ground.
These are always on - they work much like investing skill points. That said, the fact that there are two powers displaying weapon skill is a bug. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Tier 4, another placate ability, which with the Romulan Placate could mean %10 proc (unless there is somekind of diminishing return). So what could that mean for both PvP and PvE with such an ability?
As mentioned earlier, this is a bug. There shouldn't be any duplicate abilities; some of these were still placeholder when the patch went to Tribble. Sorry about the confusion.

Quote:
Free Medical Nanites sounds like quite a nice tool. But what of ramifications in Ground PvP? Or perhaps it could make PvE easy (even on Elite?)
We are closely monitoring feedback from both our internal QA department and public testers on the balance of these abilities. The tier 5 abilities are intended to be powerful, but they shouldn't be game breaking.
Career Officer
# 15
10-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
one Of The New Suites Of Consoles Available In The Romulan Reputation System Has A Function Similar To This. It Essentially Adds A Plasma Proc To Non-plasma Space Weapons, And If You're Already Using Plasma Space Weapons It Increases Their Raw Damage. This Is In Addition To Having Other Functions, Such As Science Stat Bonuses.
Infinite Amount Of Want.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
# 16
10-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post

/edit

/edit

So that it's

1. omega

When your fleet does the embassy, at Tier 3, they can add a tailor.

If they add the tailor, the tailor will sell you a Romulan clothing set for dilithium.
Empire Veteran
# 17
10-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
We are closely monitoring feedback from both our internal QA department and public testers on the balance of these abilities. The tier 5 abilities are intended to be powerful, but they shouldn't be game breaking.
Well I didn't test it yet but as it is it should be. 15k heal is far more than any stf team should need, auto res makes dying meaningless, and 5 tacs (the most common career in game) should make the 10' CD a joke. They could theorically spam it every minute or so. Does any team need 15k hp per minute? What's the meaning of elite instances if you can just do whatever you want with an almost unlimited passive (cause once you've started it you don't even need to click it) heal?
Captain
# 18
10-23-2012, 07:06 PM
I assume we get our choice of Tier 5 ability and not just a space science buff or medical nanites.
Career Officer
# 19
10-23-2012, 07:31 PM
all these things that impact pvp in potentally huge ways....

yet not a single pvp thing can be done to earn them?

wtf?
Ensign
# 20
10-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
all these things that impact pvp in potentally huge ways....

yet not a single pvp thing can be done to earn them?

wtf?
If your only reason for playing STO is PvP, you really need to pick another game lol. PvP is bad here, this game is setup more for PvE.