Empire Veteran
# 21
10-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
all these things that impact pvp in potentally huge ways....

yet not a single pvp thing can be done to earn them?

wtf?
this stuff is going to turn pvp upside down, the gap between extreme and baseline grows yet again
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 22
10-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
With the Romulan Tier 3, I have to question the knockback proc. Currently in the STFs, a knockback during pulls is rather unpopular. Only time it would be useful in pushing Borg away from Nodes in CGE, knocking the Borg into the Plasma in IGE or off the ledge in ETH. But in normal combat, it could be a rather annoying ability, especially in Ground PvP.
Yea i could see a full team focusing on the knockback to be quiete an issue... 30% chance to crit on ground with buffs and gambler and a 20% chance to knockback and thats before consumables and weapon crit chances even, a full team doing that could be mega annoying. Makes me wonder if theres some immunity to that knockback in place like for rifle butt. Any chance you could say something about the knockback archon?

Im also wondering about the 50% chance of a shield heal on taking a crit.. that sounds like a really powerful ability.. with its +151 shields its like +40% filling shields, crits on ground happen quiete frequently if theres not some cooldown-debuff in place (like with the borg-space set shield heal proc) this could totally nerf fast firing weapons in ground pvp.. i.e. omega carbine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
We are closely monitoring feedback from both our internal QA department and public testers on the balance of these abilities. The tier 5 abilities are intended to be powerful, but they shouldn't be game breaking.
Quick question... will we have enough time to level it up on tribble before it hits holodeck?

Especially grinding those omega marks on tribble seem to be a pain.. not many people play stfs there regularly.. wouldn't you guys get a lot more feedback on it if you add some testing-npc on tribble that levels testing toons reputation up at some point?

Same with the new kits btw.. would be cool to get some chance testing em to give some feedback before they hit holodeck.. not sure if theres enough time to grind the embassy up in time.

Im also wondering if theres any sort of respec option planed yet for those reputation choices.. or if we are going to be stuck with what we choose forever.

Last edited by mikiiy; 10-23-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
10-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
There's a display bug on Tribble right now that's indicating that you'll get +30 Weapon Proficiency or Weapon Training from some of the Romulan options. These are incorrect; the alternatives to Crit Chance are Personal Shield Systems and Starship Shields Systems

The 5% Placate here is a bug - that was there as a placeholder. The alternative to Shield Regeneration is actually a 2.5% chance for your energy weapons to proc Kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration.
Placeholders huh, had everyone fooled thinking these were the effects going in. Perhaps you can say "Placeholder" or something like ??? in the future as not to confuse testers.

And you sure 2.5% chance of a shield bypass proc is a smart thing? Remember the original AP weapons having such a thing and really caused a mess in PvP that resulted in them becoming +Crit weapons.

Quote:
Within the scope of STO, Romulans are intended to primarily use Plasma weapons. We're also adding Plasma/Disruptor hybrid weapons to the Romulan reputation system, and some NPCs may be retrofitted to use these.
I can understand for the diversity, but remember Star Trek canon clearly says Romulans use Disruptors and Plasma Torpedoes as their main weaponry.

Quote:
Unlike Jam Sensors, this Placate proc isn't fragile, meaning you won't break it from dealing more damage.
Isn't that a rather powerful ability, especially in PvP?

Quote:
We'll be re-implementing these eventually, but they won't be in right at launch.
Good to hear.

Quote:
One of the new suites of consoles available in the Romulan reputation system has a function similar to this. It essentially adds a Plasma proc to non-Plasma space weapons, and if you're already using Plasma space weapons it increases their raw damage. This is in addition to having other functions, such as science stat bonuses.
Hmm, similar to the Tetryon Glider. Interesting.

Quote:
We are closely monitoring feedback from both our internal QA department and public testers on the balance of these abilities. The tier 5 abilities are intended to be powerful, but they shouldn't be game breaking.
Unfortunately, we can't test something that can't be accessed since that is a Tier 5 ability and would take months to access it. And this ability does appear to be extremely powerful.

Also be nice if there was a choice depending on profession.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-24-2012, 12:17 AM
So... will we get an option to unlock all tiers of the rep system on tribble for testing?
Captain
# 25
10-24-2012, 02:31 AM
that. really on tribble every thing should be free so we can actually get the items to see if they are broken or not.

it's not like we needed to test the system as it's just the starbase system watered down
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
10-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Just a few notes.
The 5% Placate here is a bug - that was there as a placeholder. The alternative to Shield Regeneration is actually a 2.5% chance for your energy weapons to proc Kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration..
Any chance you could add that to torpedo/mine weapons? It would be nice if torpedo boats could do some extra Kinetic damage when shields are up. Why use torps if energy weapons do Kinetic to hull when shields are up only perhaps with a 10% proc due to slow fire rate? It seems energy builds get the best of both worlds with this change while we torpdeo boats lose out.
Rihannsu
# 27
10-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Just a few notes.

There's a display bug
display bug.... where have i heard that before....., right him who shall not be named unless your on a podcast
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Rihannsu
# 28
10-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
So... will we get an option to unlock all tiers of the rep system on tribble for testing?
now hilbert don't be silly, that would actually make sense
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 29
10-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Within the scope of STO, Romulans are intended to primarily use Plasma weapons. We're also adding Plasma/Disruptor hybrid weapons to the Romulan reputation system, and some NPCs may be retrofitted to use these.
You do realize that this is in contrast with both your own portrayal of Romulan NPCs so far (all known NPCs use disruptors, and all ships larger than a Scorpion use plasma torpedoes, but ONLY torpedoes) AND canon?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 30
10-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
When your fleet does the embassy, at Tier 3, they can add a tailor.

If they add the tailor, the tailor will sell you a Romulan clothing set for dilithium.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So there is actually a new romulan set ? Anyone seen it ?

One more though:

Does my fleet have to do 3 tiers AFTER season 7 or we talking a fleet that is on tier 3 can start the embassy project in season 7 ?

I guess what I am asking is how much work is involved

My fleet has to do 3 embassy tiers and then a special project for the tailor and I have to do 5 tiers of romulan rep ?

Also can you obtain weapons from the other faction ? Fed -> kling and vice versa