Captain
# 11
10-24-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Jeez guys, just buy a 7970 and pay for it with bitcoin mining.
Got one of them. Still makes my machine stutter at times. Before you ask its a 3rd gen core i7 powering it
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 12
10-24-2012, 05:14 AM
Solar wind: Absolute BS map.

And while we're at it, can we please have Meteron gas clouds in the centre of the Briar Patch map?
Career Officer
# 13
10-24-2012, 06:12 AM
I only struggle with it once two teams clash and plasma/theta/pet spam gets heavy.

Wouldn't mind loosing it and getting a brand new map in return. How awesome would that be? Maybe put a starbase in it, and make one side defend and the other attack, round finishes then switch? Ahh, but they'll never do it.
Commander
# 14
10-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
I just wish the Solar Wind map actually MOVED your ship, keeping you on your toes... Kinda too plain....
IIRC, in the beginning Solar Wind was slowing your ship. Or something similar. It was a brief period of time.
[10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
Banned
# 15
10-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Jeez guys, just buy a 7970 and pay for it with bitcoin mining.
The problem is this games graphics engine not my graphics card. It doesn't let high end graphics cards use their full ponies. Nor does it let more than 2 cores of your processor to be used.

Some days it's not so bad. Others? It's an exercise in futility.

Yeah put me in the Delete It From The Game crowd.

No one likes the map, visually it's dull and uninteresting. Terrain wise it is even more devoid of it than a normal pvp map and that's saying something.

It's a lazy piece of garbage the devs put in because they couldn't be arsed to put in a decent map like the inside of a nebula or something. Seriously with all the fights inside of Nebulae in ST how in the bloody hell did we NOT get a nebula map?
Career Officer
# 16
10-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Got one of them. Still makes my machine stutter at times. Before you ask its a 3rd gen core i7 powering it
Something else must be wrong then. I run the game in eyefinity, 5760x1200, with everything maxed out except for AA and have no problems on my 7970.

If you're using the DX11 renderer try changing to the DX9 one, or vice versa.

By the way Naz, have you checked out the latest 12.11 Catalyst beta drivers yet? Big performance increase across the board.

Last edited by hurleybird; 10-24-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Captain
# 17
10-24-2012, 01:33 PM
the biggest problem with solar wind and the game in general is the code has evolved so much I am willing to bet it is almost 100% un playable on min reqs. I run with a quad core and a GTX470 and have had problems with solar wind on occasion, throw in the spam fest and forget about it. This is also true for the CnH map any time I get near the asteroids or sensor array with spam I can't activate crap.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Career Officer
# 18
10-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine595959 View Post
the biggest problem with solar wind and the game in general is the code has evolved so much I am willing to bet it is almost 100% un playable on min reqs. I run with a quad core and a GTX470 and have had problems with solar wind on occasion, throw in the spam fest and forget about it. This is also true for the CnH map any time I get near the asteroids or sensor array with spam I can't activate crap.
Me too. I thought NVIDIA cards got hosed with Cryptic's engine.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.