Career Officer
# 51
10-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo1raine View Post
I have the PvP Revamp solution! Come play MWO and pretend you are in a starship, all you have to do is Fire Ze Lazers and there isn't any AMS or Power Siphons drone!
NOT YET! just wait till introduce some sort of enery drain weapon lol
Captain
# 52
10-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
I have the PvP Revamp solution! Come play MWO and pretend you are in a starship, all you have to do is Fire Ze Lazers and there isn't any AMS or Power Siphons drone!
+1
Should be getting the big goodie patch today, and open beta within a couple weeks. NDA is lifted so we can talk about MWO being everything STO isn't- all PvP, content incoming, F2P.

Did anyone notice Chris Roberts (wing commander fame) is ALSO creating a space MMO ?

Non-support of PvP in STO has crippled the game, and most likely signed it's death warrant.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
10-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
+1
Should be getting the big goodie patch today, and open beta within a couple weeks. NDA is lifted so we can talk about MWO being everything STO isn't- all PvP, content incoming, F2P.

Did anyone notice Chris Roberts (wing commander fame) is ALSO creating a space MMO ?

Non-support of PvP in STO has crippled the game, and most likely signed it's death warrant.
Personaly, I'm more than a little interested in SOE's announcement of EQ Next. (Smed said here lately they have scraped all their existing plans and that a re-design is coming to a massive sandbox) Have to admit, I miss a "sandbox" game with open world PVP and a engine that can support most of it. Will still miss the open space version of SWG's PVP (JTL) which was more "skill"/gear based with all the gear being made via crafters.

STO PVP has been dead for quite a while. In retrospec, it started with P2W and most of us tried to tell them this would happen way back when.
Banned
# 54
10-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
I'll second this. I'll be on MWO tonight.
Career Officer
# 55
10-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
I'll second this. I'll be on MWO tonight.
Hell yeah, big patch coming today
Captain
# 56
10-24-2012, 09:12 AM
So how many dropped $120 for Legendary or $60 for Elite...eh?
Banned
# 57
10-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Hell yeah, big patch coming today
I hope to god they don't boost ER Large lasers again. It's hilarious enough being able to pluck the ears off of catapults from 700 meters away reliably without silly gauss

You going to be on 11pm EST ish? Cause that's when I get home.

Virus; I spent 60 for the Elite. Founder cat is a great learning mech.
Commander
# 58
10-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Not entirely true! They do have AMS. It's called Anti-Missile System, and in MWO is your best friend. Unlike in this game where AMS (and all other p2w crap) is not your friend.

Indeed another big patch is coming to MWO today. Only 10 minutes to patch time!

And I bought the $60 Elite founders package. I love my big kitties! It is said they made $5 million on founder package sales from July to its end two weeks ago. All pvp, all the time, is also a wonderful thing.

To those that haven't done so yet, add me up. I'm Ihasa over there too. So far there's enough STO refugees we could start a small guild.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update

Last edited by thepleasuredome; 10-24-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Banned
# 59
10-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
Not entirely true! They do have EMS. It's called Anti-Missile System, and in MWO is your best friend. Unlike in this game where AMS (and all other p2w crap) is not your friend.

Indeed another big patch is coming to MWO today. Only 10 minutes to patch time!

And I bought the $60 Elite founders package. I love my big kitties! It is said they made $5 million on founder package sales from July to its end two weeks ago. All pvp, all the time, is also a wonderful thing.

To those that haven't done so yet, add me up. I'm Ihasa over there too. So far there's enough STO refugees we could start a small guild.
Yeah in my opinion we are far enough along with the STO Refugee count we can start the guild now.

My name over in MWO for those that do not know yet, is Mavairo feel free to add me.
Captain
# 60
10-24-2012, 02:36 PM
It gets more and more interesting, eh?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=32

So the conversation goes like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
The 5% Placate here is a bug - that was there as a placeholder. The alternative to Shield Regeneration is actually a 2.5% chance for your energy weapons to proc Kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
Any chance you could add that to torpedo/mine weapons? It would be nice if torpedo boats could do some extra Kinetic damage when shields are up. Why use torps if energy weapons do Kinetic to hull when shields are up only perhaps with a 10% proc due to slow fire rate? It seems energy builds get the best of both worlds with this change while we torpdeo boats lose out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
I have updated this power to make it work with Torpedoes and Mines. It will have a 5% proc rate with Torpedoes and Mines.