Ensign
# 41
10-24-2012, 01:11 PM
So let me get this straight.
If we choose to not grind out this new system right away, our rewards are basically stolen from us until we do the grind.
Career Officer
# 42
10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
I'll be cashing out all my stuff for dilithium unless some hard numbers come along, I'm not letting them screw me out of what I earned because the average player spends everything they get and I do not, its simply not fair.

I don't stf a lot but I still have 60 proto salvage, 75 rare salvage, dozens of techs, 450 EDCs
Career Officer
# 43
10-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Yes; they are the new name

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ok, cool. Phew I nearly had Major Impulse Control Problem for a minute then ......

Can we have a complete list of ALL the missions that reward there corresponding Marks?

I was led to believe that the Romulan Featured Series and Borg story missions such as "Assimilation" and "Asset Recovery" would be rewarding Romulan and Omega Marks....

Oh Mr Sthal, you NINJA edited your post to include a spin answer to my question!

How very dare you....

Last edited by darkenzedd; 10-24-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Captain
# 44
Well done.

Now I'm even more doubtful and afraid of those changes than ever before.

This was your chance to show some numbers, to appease the players... And? "Your STF related loot will be boxed. Far in the future, after you put your fair share of new grinding in the reputation system, we may give you an undisclosed amount of omega marks, neural processors and dilithium back." That's what you say when I translate it.

And what is this matter of new anti-Borg weaponry?

Are all of the current used weapons going to be changed on player ships? Or is it just the Mk XII anti-Borg weapons available in the new Dil-store that will have new stats?

Honestly, if your going to nerf all the weapons I currently use across 6 toons... I hope for your sake that's not the case.

Overall, you've only added chaos and new questions to our minds. Very useful indeed.

My apologies for the tone, but you really should finally give us some useful data.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Empire Veteran
# 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
I'll be cashing out all my stuff for dilithium unless some hard numbers come along, I'm not letting them screw me out of what I earned because the average player spends everything they get and I do not, its simply not fair.

I don't stf a lot but I still have 60 proto salvage, 75 rare salvage, dozens of techs, 450 EDCs
I would spend it... Its gonna end up like that emblem to dilithium conversion where everyone got hosed. Plus I'm a firm believer this conversion is crap because those of us who grinded up these stfs are going to be put on par with people who haven't even bothered to even do them. Forcing us to regrind this... add 2 new items in and do a forced relocation of your status in the game is what it is.
Lieutenant
# 46
10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Forgive me if this has already been clarified, but I am not clear. Will users who have been playing the STFs ever since the EDC system was introduced get a bonus on switchover? Or will they just get their existing stuff transferred? Seems a bit of bummer if you've run hundreds of STfs already but still have to run another load to get the new gear.

I have my MkXII ground gear and only needed the CSE drop for my space set. I don't really want to have to start back at the beginning to get the last piece.
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
10-24-2012, 01:21 PM
EDIT: Never mind...

Last edited by jjumetley; 10-24-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Lieutenant
# 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Bottom line is STFs are boring, especially after grinding them out for a month, months, years, and now with downgrading/phasing out the gear we already have from the grinds you're now pretty much forcing us to continue/restart the same old boring grinds. When will the experience and wisedom come into consideration that says you need to balance real quality story content with grinds, not just push out more cookie cutter grinds? When will this become Star Trek again, to seek out new worlds and new civilizations, to bold go where no one has gone before?
With all the new systems requiring Dilithium (which was NEVER a currency minus traded on Voyager) there is a huge imbalance that is developing in the game. I can understand the desire to diminish some of the dilithium stockpiles people have built up over the lifetime of the game, but where is the consideration for the rest of us that have no such stockpiles?

Fleet System:

EC costs have skyrocketed without any real viable endgame means to gather it other than "Tour"

Dilithium costs for smaller fleets have become down right insane.

Embassy holding:

Seeing as this is part of the Fleet system I think it is safe to assume it will require higher and higher levels of dilithium and items purchased with EC.

Reputation System:

Requires Omega marks, Borg Processors, Dilithium, EC.

That's the three main parts of the new systems since season 6 AND the only content added other than more grinds that support these systems. Smaller fleets will fall further behind or grind to a halt with little concern that smaller fleets may be having difficulty recruiting because everyone wants to join the larger fleets or the smaller fleets are smaller because they are a more tight knit group of ALL ACTIVELY playing players and they don't see the purpose behind bloating their numbers of active players.

This new System has so many factors that will greatly affect the others in place that even the larger fleets will start to see the strain. Telling us not to worry about the costs of the reputation system to be honest isn't exactly comforting. No matter which way you try to spin in you're adding another Dilithium cost without adding any way to ease the pressure, by upping the dilithium refinement cap or increasing the amount of dilithium rewarded from other non-stf sources.

A huge part of Star Trek and something that is severely missing from STO is the diplomatic and exploration aspects. Star Trek's appeal is how dynamic it is. Why not take the time and effort to add new stories that don't just revolve around combat (which could tie into reputation system/fleet system) and completely reworking the exploration parts of the clusters/ect. An example of how to rework exploration would be add in a "fog of war" (as commonly called in other games) to the clusters/etc. and have it were you can discover new planets. Honestly the current system of going into a cluster and driving in circles to see if it's an anomaly or planet doesn't invoke any feeling of exploration, because we know exactly where they are.

All of this could all tie into the new reputation and/or fleet systems and in a more meaningful way than just another grind.
Fantastic post. Top marks.
Lieutenant
# 49
I swear someone from Cryptic said they were going to post the exchange rate.........wtf.......
Career Officer
# 50
10-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I would spend it... Its gonna end up like that emblem to dilithium conversion where everyone got hosed. Plus I'm a firm believer this conversion is crap because those of us who grinded up these stfs are going to be put on par with people who haven't even bothered to even do them. Forcing us to regrind this... add 2 new items in and do a forced relocation of your status in the game is what it is.
Unless they reward those that got hosed by not spending preemptively, with an STF-flavoured version of a nigh-unattainable thing of awesomeness like the Veteran Bridge Officer. The precedent has been set

(That said, I'm most likely to spend mine too :p)
----
Closed Thread