Lieutenant
# 51
10-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Just this:

Quote:
Any items converted this way will go into a storage device which cannot be retrieved until the character reaches Tier 5 in the Task Force Omega Reputation System.

The storage device, called an Omega Conversion Crate, will denote how much of each item is stored for later retrieval and will remain locked until you achieve Tier 5 in the Omega Reputation System. Once unlocked, your character will be able to retrieve the Omega Marks and Borg Commodities that were converted along with a bonus amount of Dilithium Ore.
So we better exchange all our loot into dilithium before this "Season 7: New Grinding" arrives, correct?

Not only they will start charging you for things now are free, they will take my hard earned loot which I was saving....

BRILLIANT!!!!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
10-24-2012, 01:24 PM
I have a simple question that I assume many others would share:

I have been grinding Cure Elite ground for months to get the last proto weapon tech drop needed to complete my MK XII KHG ground set.

If I progress through the new omega reputation system and obtain the MK XII weapon - will it unlock the visuals of the current KHG set? (with the visual upgrades for completing the current optional's as I have those done)

Or will it unlock completely new ground set visuals?

Last edited by raud1; 10-24-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 53
10-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domjot View Post
So let me get this straight.
If we choose to not grind out this new system right away, our rewards are basically stolen from us until we do the grind.
Someone called it "taken hostage", which is more accurate...

I dont mind the time waiting for my omega projects, but cryptic, give me at least the omega marks i already own (in form of EDCs ... ) ... or at least a good part of it.
Lt. Commander
# 54
- Lower dilithium costs for gear sets (maybe not eliminate since we're switching from a chance-based methodology to a guaranteed system, but 60k for 3 Borg MK10 pieces is a bit ridiculous)
- Add dilithium drops to Fleet Actions (since Fleet gear costs dilithium too), as this will encourage people to run these and not limit dilithium drops solely to STFs/dailies/doffing
- Raise the dilithium cap

These are some of the suggestions my fleet has come up with regarding the new system. If you're going to make dilithium be the be-all-end-all currency to accompany a mark-based system, there need to be more ways to get it, and an increased limit of how much we can use. Otherwise this is really just a content-rehash-for-more-money scheme.
Lt. Commander
# 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Anwers to some of the questions:

- All existing gear unlocks you've obtained will remain in tact on your character

- If there are any existing items that are changing, those changes will be available for testing on Tribble, but for the most part, existing gear you've obtained should remain as is. Check Tribble during the next few weeks to see changes for yourself.
I get wanting more people on tribble...but yeah. I'm already wasting five gigs. And messages like this make me want to uninstall not test. What is the point of testing if you're not going to listen to the subscribers and zen paying players?

Quote:
- The goal of the conversion is to retain "purchasing power" as close to what it was previously. We looked at the amount of items needed to obtain gear sets and set out to ensure that if you had enough items to get a specific gear piece or gear set, the conversion would be do its best to retain that purchasing power in the new system. Keep in mind that the way you obtain MACO/HONOR/OMEGA sets is going to be different because it will no longer be in a store, and will instead be via projects. So just having a conversion rate would not necessarily help you decide whether to cash out yet or not. The way you obtain dilithium and gear is changing in this system and you'll be able to see most of those changes on Tribble.
A good idea in theory, a bad idea in practice. Not having a conversion rate forces a player to gamble. Most players wont gamble. I'm sitting on only 70 or so EDC's 4 prototypes 12 rares and 1 Rare shield. Mainly because i've used so many. I just got hosed beyond belief.

Quote:
- The conversion will be different for everyone which is why we aren't posting a chart. When you get your crate, it will tell your character specifically how much Omega Marks, Borg Neural Processors, and Dilithium your items were converted to. If you are worried that the exchange may not be to your liking, then you'll have to make the call whether to spend or not. For the most part we are posting this blog to give you enough time to make that call for yourself.
Right. So Gamble or take the sure thing we're not going to give you **** after we said we'd tell you.

Quote:
- Due to the fact that some players have enough items being converted to max out the new system, we chose to withhold the conversion crate until the character hits tier 5 in Omega for a few reasons. We wanted player to have the choice at each tier how to spend their resources. We wanted players to be able to make choices about which captain power they want at each tier. We wanted to retain player's purchasing power by holding back the converted items until they can be spent on the Gear Sets. This prevents players from spending the resources they'd saved up for Omega Gear Sets on something else without realizing it.
Good in theory bad in practice. You force everyone to grind yet AGAIN. Set bonuses aint worth this. The captain powers will have to be borderline game breaking to be worth this.

Quote:
- The time involved to rank up the Omega Fleet Rep will require a few months of projects, but the resources required should be easily obtainable within limits of standard game play. It also allows us to introduce the Reputation system without an entire subset of the game population skipping it via auto-completion - which isn't fun or in the nature of the design. This is about rebooting how the STFs should have worked in the first place, while giving players the purchasing power to be in similar footing when they finish it.
What's a few? Three? Five? SIX? This is straight up manditory grinding that will ignore the chosen few who got their lucky drops and the thousands if not tens of thousands like myself who've run over 100+ STF's and have gotten DOG ****!

Quote:
- There is a subset of players who will have one or two pieces that now have two choices. A) they have until early November to try to get the remaining pieces. B) wait until after Season 7 releases, and then level up the Omega Fleet and have a much clearer and easier path to getting the gear they are missing. Once again, we do not want some players "Skipping" the new Reputation system by getting a free pass because of the STF's they've run. Players will get a conversion crate, but we want all players to make choices at each tier about which powers they select.
You left out a choice. Uninstallation. This system as you call it is nothing more than a barbed wire baseball bat up some place it should never go. I'm approaching the silver star medal i know more than a few who've done that too. 150+ STF's completed not attempted COMPLETED. Your words are cute but the point is simple. The time a player has already invested means very little to you or to PWE. This is a straight up slap in the face. I'm pretty damned sure what my choice is going to be if changes arent made. And the fact you're willing to couch it in these terms shows how little the devs or PWE respect this playerbase and by extension the FANBASE of this series. I barely tolerated the temporal lockbox debacle from a storyline standpoint because you could actually make it work based on how it was written. I love the space dogfighting but that isnt enough to keep me in this game nowhere close. Not when things like this occur. This conversion rate everyone was saving their stuff for was in prediction of not having to GRIND for even MORE. You have Big things being added that WILL take away from a players time and force a player to make HUGE decisions, decisions that will lead to massive chaos within fleets. Forcing a player to choose between fleet advancement and their own advancement is WRONG For the time and effort they want to put into this Piece of **** this game is becoming.

Quote:
- yes you will be able to earn Omega marks from other non-stf Borg missions such as the ones on Defera, Red Alerts, and perhaps even some of the Borg episodes and DOFF missions, so STFs will not be the only way to increase Omega rep.
Interesting decision, doesnt change the above. Not even close.
Captain
Will that also include pre season 7 sets ?
Survivor of Romulus
# 57
10-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I have spent a long time grinding these horrible STF''s to get my collection.

I was proud last week when i got the last piece, now you are saying you are taking it all away till i regrind them upto T5 again, like WTF Cryptic, i have never heard of somthing so stupid in my life with MMO's.

I can not stomach anymore of them, and to think i brought a Lifer Sub last month.

This is great for those still or starting to do them BUT do not take them away make us redo them then hand them back, sort yourselfs out you..... argh so angry right now, i feel a youtube vid has got to be made now.
Ensign
# 58
10-24-2012, 01:32 PM
I don't see the harm of giving us our converted Omega Marks right away.
Yes sure some would have enough marks to max the system, however they would still have to provide all the other inputs for the new system and the time requirements. This would still take the months or whatever time that has been projected, but people would have their stuff at the get go.

I for one would rather be able to spend my converted Omega Marks to progress the system on my main who has all this stuff, and then grind it out on one of my alts who still needs it.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 59
10-24-2012, 01:32 PM
A few more comments to address concerns

- We are not taking existing gear sets away from you. Everything that you've unlocked via accolades or purchased via the stores will remain on your character. The only thing being converted are the 42 currencies used in the STFs which are being aggregated into 2 easy to understand currencies: Omega Marks which are earned from Borg related content, and Borg Nueral Processors which are commodies gained from running Elite STFs.

- Once we have the final conversion numbers established, we will be updating TRIBBLE with the conversion script so that any character can log in individually and see the amount of Omega Marks, Borg Neural Processors, and Dilithium they will be receiving. This way you'll see exactly what each character will get and you can decide to cash out for Dilithium or not before Season 7.

- It is important to note that under the existing STF system, you have a very random chance of getting the gear you want and have no idea how long it will take you to get a specific piece of gear due to the random chance of the loot drop. We know for a fact that some players have been trying for a year and still don't have the drop to complete their set. If we did nothing, it may take another year of playing STFs to get the set. In the new system you will know exactly how long it will take to get the gear and instead of leaving it to chance (which could be a really long time), you will now have a finish line in site. It may take a few months, but that is a definite versus the randomness of maybe in a year. By saving your conversion crate until you can actually spend it on gear, it assures that you don't spend it and leave yourself short to get the item you've been trying to get for so long.

- We are listening to feedback and will make appropriate changes to the system before Season 7 goes live as we feel are appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
A few more comments to address concerns

- We are not taking existing gear sets away from you. Everything that you've unlocked via accolades or purchased via the stores will remain on your character. The only thing being converted are the 42 currencies used in the STFs which are being aggregated into 2 easy to understand currencies: Omega Marks which are earned from Borg related content, and Borg Nueral Processors which are commodies gained from running Elite STFs.

- Once we have the final conversion numbers established, we will be updating TRIBBLE with the conversion script so that any character can log in individually and see the amount of Omega Marks, Borg Neural Processors, and Dilithium they will be receiving. This way you'll see exactly what each character will get and you can decide to cash out for Dilithium or not before Season 7.

- It is important to note that under the existing STF system, you have a very random chance of getting the gear you want and have no idea how long it will take you to get a specific piece of gear due to the random chance of the loot drop. We know for a fact that some players have been trying for a year and still don't have the drop to complete their set. If we did nothing, it may take another year of playing STFs to get the set. In the new system you will know exactly how long it will take to get the gear and instead of leaving it to chance (which could be a really long time), you will now have a finish line in site. It may take a few months, but that is a definite versus the randomness of maybe in a year. By saving your conversion crate until you can actually spend it on gear, it assures that you don't spend it and leave yourself short to get the item you've been trying to get for so long.

- We are listening to feedback and will make appropriate changes to the system before Season 7 goes live as we feel are appropriate.
Any comments on either dilithium drops for Fleet Actions, and/or a dilithium cap increase?
Closed Thread