Lieutenant
# 81
10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gespensterjaeger View Post
soooo how exactly is this a improvement by cryptic sadly i cannot see it ?
Because now you have a set amount of currency that is required, rather than it being random. Sure, getting luck and getting your drops the first few runs is cool, but doing several hundred without them is not.
Empire Veteran
# 82
10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
And I've already said in another thread it will hurt only new players. Who'll get MK12 sets... Never.
And that if Cryptic doesn't care for new players, neither should we.

Ppl please, before you open a new thread check if someone already made another one about the same thing.
my thread is about cryptic telling us the truth and the 100% truth.

that means to the letter to the very distinctive fact.

how long exactly it takes to get a full mk XII set.

and exactly the drop rates of every single item that is needed.

and the exact dilithium cost.

and the EXACT dilithium time NEEDED to get it refined.
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Lt. Commander
# 83
10-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
A full set of Mk XII Gear costs 3000 Marks, 15 Elite Marks, and ~100,000 Dilithium.

Attaining Tier 5 in Omega Rep costs 1,686 Marks, 0 Elite Marks, and ~80,000 Dilithium.
From the 2 data points we got, we can see, that if you want to use 1 mark, you need to spend 33-50dil. It's like every mark has a 33-50dil activation cost.

Now let's assume that the STF will give us the needed 33-50dil per mark. That means:
  1. normal STF 20 marks, should give us 660-1000dil in S7
  2. elite STF 60 marks, should give us 1980-3000dil in S7

just to get even!

But before Season 7, STF generated a dil surplus.

So this is clearly a dilithium nerf. Turning STF from dilithium generators into dilithium sinks. (I doubt we will get 3000dil per ESTF)
Starfleet Veteran
# 84
10-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Hello all.

Firstly, I have to say that I'm looking forward to the new system. I've enjoyed watching how my starbase progresses and I much prefer that system to one that depends on luck!!

Secondly, I find myself being pleased that Devs are replying to this thread so often. As I mentioned in a thread last week, seeing the Devs out in the forums is a positive thing. Only good can come of it.

Lastly, some questions, please.

1) I can see that the MACO and Honour Guard sets are staying. It seems that the existing Omega set will no longer be available. If it is being discontinued can it please be kept on the same power levels as the other gear? I spent AGES getting my OMEGA set and for it to become irrelevant would be a kick in the teeth for me.

2) Will any of the new weapons under the new system be the same, better or worse than what we already have access to? I think giving the players the stats on the new weapons (or at least telling the players that the weapon stats will remain the same) will give player the ability to make an informed decision as to whether they spend on Borg weapons now.

Thank you.
Empire Veteran
# 85
10-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3dz3p85 View Post
Because now you have a set amount of currency that is required, rather than it being random. Sure, getting luck and getting your drops the first few runs is cool, but doing several hundred without them is not.
it is still random mate.

when dilithium is added into the calculations it is random. since you need to REFINE it.

and you can only refine 8.000 per day.

wich means if u forget 1 day you are set back 24 hours....

and also you need marks. wich no one knows the drop rate of. wich also can be random.

sry man but you cannot defend cryptic for doing something and not telling us the 100% truth of it.
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Rihannsu
# 86
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Well, based on the numbers they last gave us of needing 80,000 dilithium for tier 5, and assuming that each mission takes 900 dilithium, like on tribble now, and that each mission takes 40 hours like on tribble now, then that works out to 148 and some days. If you work from the other number of 1686 marks, and assuming 17 marks per missions and one mission takes 40 hours, that works out to 165 and some days. I am assuming the difference is due to Bort's numbers coming from some perfect run through, though it could be because the version on tribble does not represent the final product in costs.

But based on the numbers we have, about 5 months to get to level 5, on one character.

Also, since these are the numbers on tribble and there is no was to skip ahead, I find it rather insulting to say that everything at tier 5 is available for testing when season 7 is due in November and there doesn't seem to be a way to get to teir 5 to test it. Though I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

Another question, this line:

Quote:
Dilithium is still earned via STF mission rewards and Task Force Omega reputation projects
This makes it sound like the reputation projects will give us dilithium. I take it that these are special missions that take marks or something and give dilithium?

Also, I would like to know what happens to the anti-borg weapons we already have from the store. Are we talking damage type changes, just updated visuals, ground and space weapons? What?

I did find the idea that you could dress you boffs up in the same costume nice, but if this is tied to them wearing the armor, its a bit of a waste since they can't activate the active set powers, and you would have to grind for each armor set.
Empire Veteran
# 87
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
This is a new game system much like the Fleet System was a new system in Season 6. We did not give existing Fleets credit for having played Fleet Actions prior to Season 6 - everyone started from the same point.

Similarly, the Reputation system is a new way to earn Captain advancement and will be expanded on in future updates. Season 7 introduces Omega and Romulans, but there will be more reputations and rewards added later. We want everyone to experience the Reputation system on equal footing and be able to make smart decisions about which powers they want their captain to have at each tier. In the case of the Romulan reputation, we want players to experience the mission and cutscene unlocks that occur at each tier that are representative of the ongoing relationship the player has with the Romulans. So we are not trying to say "go do it again". We are trying to say, we appreciate you've played a lot of STFs and continue to do so. We are now adding additional rewards that you can obtain as you continue to play STFs - plus we are giving you a definite answer as to "when am I going to get that last piece of gear I need?!"

Now you will know.
Yeah I understand to an extent of what is happening but its kind of to me a mixed issue that relates to the way the KDF starbase system works. Just for an example where it collides with this STF reputation system at tier 5 Omega and tiers 4 and 5 KDF shipyard there is not anything new for the player to regrind these or start a grind where with the shipyard the ships being offered do not merit the 20 dollars/fleet modules per ship per character. The same is with this system as seen on tribble if I take my main klingon of each respective class they already have Mk XII KHG ground sets. So both of these systems do not offer me anything for the time to get there.

Edit: This is probally not going to ever happen but maybe possibly at Tier 5 Omega Reputation possibly put in for like the KDF where you can use that store to purchase the borgified carrier you fight in the cure and fed side something similar... From what I'm trying to say basically it just needs a little icing on the cake so to speak for me to get motivated with this system from a stand point of not gaining much from the system when reaching the end of it.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 10-24-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Rihannsu
# 88
10-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
And I've already said in another thread it will hurt only new players. Who'll get MK12 sets... Never.
New characters can start working on STF parts when they start on the Omega reputation, by the time they reach Mk XII access they are more that likely to have the Dilithium as long they save it.

Players that are sitting on incomplete sets? they have to level up on the Omega reputation before they can unlock access to finish them.

Quote:
And that if Cryptic doesn't care for new players, neither should we.
The ones that are getting the shaft is the ones that regardless of previous achievements are still forced to do it again from the start, new players that had zero investment on STFs are very much unaffected.

Quote:
and also you need marks. wich no one knows the drop rate of. wich also can be random.

sry man but you cannot defend cryptic for doing something and not telling us the 100% truth of it.
We?

You mean YOU since I know how it works, 1 Elite Omega Mark per Elite STF and about 30 Omega Marks per Elite STF, they dont "drop" as they are automatic awarded at completion with a set value.

Minimum will be 5 Elite STFs successful completed, maximum will be about 44 runs, that is actually the worst part as Omega Marks cost seems the long haul .

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 10-24-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Career Officer
# 89
10-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Might want to reword Borg Neural Processor considering the acronym for it.

Nice to see boff's can get the look now. Still reading through the rest.
Captain
# 90
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
my thread is about cryptic telling us the truth and the 100% truth.

that means to the letter to the very distinctive fact.

how long exactly it takes to get a full mk XII set.

and exactly the drop rates of every single item that is needed.

and the exact dilithium cost.

and the EXACT dilithium time NEEDED to get it refined.
The content is live on the Tribble Test Server. Players can obtain the numbers on their own. I have already started a thread over the insanity of the new costs for tech. The thread can be found here. You get 60 Omega Marks and 1 Elite Omega Mark per Elite STF run. It will take about 26 days to obtain a full Mk XII set assuming you ran the projects non-stop. Though it is not likely given the dilithium costs.

Last edited by majortiraomega; 10-24-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread