Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Career Officer
# 31
10-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
EC is somewhat easy to come by, but why not charge, say 100k ec then?

We really need to get away from the perception that everyone in the game are EC Millionaires; they're not. Must of us forum guys are, but not everyone is. EC would be a perfectly fine gate.

Again, the big problems here in S7, simply put, is that there are now Dilithium inputs where A) They weren't before B) That are recockulously high and C) Entirely gratuitous.
100,000 EC is a drop in the bucket for a VA man. Just 1 Tour the Galaxy race, you can easily earn around 1 million EC, 2 if you're good.

The reason why Cryptic won't use EC is because Dilithum is the Time Currency, which you can legally purchase (providing convert to Zen and then to Dilithium).

And honestly, I think that is their goal. To "encourage" players to buy Dilithum with Zen.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 32
10-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
100,000 EC is a drop in the bucket for a VA man. Just 1 Tour the Galaxy race, you can easily earn around 1 million EC, 2 if you're good.

The reason why Cryptic won't use EC is because Dilithum is the Time Currency, which you can legally purchase (providing convert to Zen and then to Dilithium).

And honestly, I think that is their goal. To "encourage" players to buy Dilithum with Zen.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...51#post6245751
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not as frustrated with the system as I thought I would be but there is one thing I do not understand though. Mr. Stahl you stated dilithium would be added to fleet actions in season 8 or maybe around that time. I'm just kind of confused on is this going to hit when season 7 comes where you can get a decent amount of dilithium for time spent or is that going to be later on between seasons or season 8.
STFs and Fleet Actions will both reward Dilithium as of Season 7.

For Fleet Actions, in addition to the gear drops there is a chance to earn:
Gold: Purple + 2x Dilithium amount
Silver: Purple + 1x Dilithium amount
Bronze: Blue + 1x Dilithium amount
All others: Green + 1x Dilithium amount

So no longer should you receive a "battery" as a Fleet Action reward - it should be at the very least a Green + 1x Dilithium amount (which I think is 480 but don't hold me to that).
I'm very curious to see how this works out, especially in light of the DOFF compactor prices being discussed here.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.