Starfleet Veteran
# 231
10-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Thank you for answering.

Three 1 Hour Sessions a week isn't too bad actually. When I play STO I play for longer periods of time than one hour.

While not thrilled overall with the new system, I guess I'll change my stance from "BLARGH" to "wait and see."
Playing longer won't help you to progress, because I suspect the input for your projects is based on exactly those 3 one hour sessions statistically. So any more play time is redundant because of teh waiting time to start the next projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
I think he means it'll take 60-90 days if you play casually for 1 hour only 3 times a week. I supposed if you play more than that rate, you'll get it faster.
See above.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 232
10-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I'm not as frustrated with the system as I thought I would be but there is one thing I do not understand though. Mr. Stahl you stated dilithium would be added to fleet actions in season 8 or maybe around that time. I'm just kind of confused on is this going to hit when season 7 comes where you can get a decent amount of dilithium for time spent or is that going to be later on between seasons or season 8.
STFs and Fleet Actions will both reward Dilithium as of Season 7.

For Fleet Actions, in addition to the gear drops there is a chance to earn:
Gold: Purple + 2x Dilithium amount
Silver: Purple + 1x Dilithium amount
Bronze: Blue + 1x Dilithium amount
All others: Green + 1x Dilithium amount

So no longer should you receive a "battery" as a Fleet Action reward - it should be at the very least a Green + 1x Dilithium amount (which I think is 480 but don't hold me to that).
Captain
# 233
10-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gespensterjaeger View Post
the problem is not the progresss towards its the time it takes.

i want to know that if i play 10 hours 1 day i get 1 item.

if i play 1 hour every day for 10 days i get 1 items.

i dont want it to be i play 20 hours 1 day i get nothing its wasted effort i still need to wait 60 days.
According to the timer set on Tribble, the tier one projects expire 1 day and 15 hours from starting point. Each tier has several projects; thus, your first 'item' will not unlock for about two weeks.

After you unlock the items once, after spending a mess of resources, you will have to purchase them for a second time.
Empire Veteran
# 234
10-24-2012, 04:22 PM
i am greatfull that dstahl answered the question.

but hes answer is very vague.

if i play 20 hours 1 day do i get 1 MK XII ?

or do i need to play 60 days and get full set instantly ?

those 2 i dont get.
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Starfleet Veteran
# 235
10-24-2012, 04:22 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 10-24-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 236
10-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post

So no longer should you receive a "battery" as a Fleet Action reward - it should be at the very least a Green + 1x Dilithium amount (which I think is 480 but don't hold me to that).
Now this is a good move (if unrelated to the STFs), because it actually revives nearly dead content in a good way.

Any chance there are soem fleet marks in it, too?
Empire Veteran
# 237
10-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Playing longer won't help you to progress, because I suspect the input for your projects is based on exactly those 3 one hour sessions statistically. So any more play time is redundant because of teh waiting time to start the next projects.

See above.
that is horrible.

so every time i get free time lets say 8 hours i grind i cannot get a mk XII that i do now ?

thats is just horrible.

still need to wait 60 days!
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Survivor of Remus
# 238
10-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
It is a distribution of effort and part of a game system. Effort = reward.

Dilithium represents generic game time. This can be gained from a number of sources.
Omega Marks represents effort fighting the Borg. This can only be gained from Borg content.
Borg Neural Processors represents effort fighting Elite STFs. This is only gain from Elite STFs.

The new system asks that in order to get the best gear in the game, you have to do a little of everything. Play the game, run some STFs, fight the Borg = here's your mark XII set.

This leads to a more measurable and balanced outcome than randomly play one STF and get the fat loot because you got super lucky.
With the increase in Dilithium prices with Season 7,the "effort vs reward" is greatly skewed.It is true that the randomness of the MK XII drops can be very,very frustrating.But adding this Dilithium tax on STF gear only replaces one type of frustration with another.You cannot seriously believe people are going to be happy with a system that requires more refined Dilithium across the board without being able to increase our supply of refined Dilithium,except for buying it with real money.
Empire Veteran
# 239
10-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
It is a distribution of effort and part of a game system. Effort = reward.

Dilithium represents generic game time. This can be gained from a number of sources.
Omega Marks represents effort fighting the Borg. This can only be gained from Borg content.
Borg Neural Processors represents effort fighting Elite STFs. This is only gain from Elite STFs.

The new system asks that in order to get the best gear in the game, you have to do a little of everything. Play the game, run some STFs, fight the Borg = here's your mark XII set.

This leads to a more measurable and balanced outcome than randomly play one STF and get the fat loot because you got super lucky.
This would be understand able if Dilthium really is time currency. But it far from it. If that where the case everything we do would reward some amount of Dilthium. While there are thing that do there far more that do not.

Such as every story mission. All the Fleet Event items.

This is just taking a game that was fun and little grind and once again turn it into grind feast. But it clear that that what you want reqardless of what we want. Which is why I stop spending on this game.
Captain
# 240
10-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:

thats not on tribble yet cause thats what i have been getting
Closed Thread