Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Mines and the defiant.
10-24-2012, 04:02 PM
I was play testing something the other day and I was able to drop mines from my Fleet defiant while cloaked. I tried it today and nothing. the mines are greyed out and won't fire.

Question is this, is that a bug or did you change it? If so why? I just spent a retrain token to take advantage of that when it was working before and now the one function that it is based on is now gone and I have wasted a respec.
Captain
# 2
10-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune1977 View Post
I was play testing something the other day and I was able to drop mines from my Fleet defiant while cloaked. I tried it today and nothing. the mines are greyed out and won't fire.

Question is this, is that a bug or did you change it? If so why? I just spent a retrain token to take advantage of that when it was working before and now the one function that it is based on is now gone and I have wasted a respec.
That sounds like you experienced a bug, but mines are still good on the Defiant. Drop out of cloak with all your buffs active, take down a facing with your energy weapons and then drop mines close to the enemy on the same side that you took down the facing. Boom, he's dead Jim. Or better yet, since you sound like you're spec'ed into projectiles,, take down a facing with energy weapons, then a high yield torpedo attack followed by a dispersal pattern beta mine drop.
Captain
# 3
10-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Stuff like that is almost always a bug. But a cloaking mineship is not a bad build either way.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 4
10-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune1977 View Post

Only the B'Rel retrofit with its Enhanced Battle Cloak can fire torpedoes and drop mines while cloaked.

Your previous ability to use mines while cloaked on the Fleet Defiant was a bug/glitch.