Lieutenant
# 391
10-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
This should be interesting. I'm sure they are doing this to stop people from profiting from the DOff exchange. It's going to work, no question about it.

But it's going to drop dilithium exchange rates again, force DOff exchange prices to skyrocket, and make it once again impossible to upgrade starbases. This will effectively kill the only feature Cryptic released in S6.
Wait a minute, you mean they will release something one day... and then make it pointless the next? They've never done that before! (Kerrat war zone/take away the dilithium mission) (Fleet Events/Add fleet marks to investigate officer reports and commendation reports) (Add new Nukara ground zone/Take away the only reason anyone ever did it by adding a timer to the missions) Oh sorry about that, my inner monologue must be broke
Captain
# 392
10-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Can't see much new blood sticking around for STO's endgame once they realize just how absurd the gateways are going to be after the change.

There wasn't that much dil in the system before S6 and there sure as hell isn't any now, why does Cryptic think Zen prices have bottomed out? I was actually thinking about getting either the Regent or the Nebbie, and when I worked out just how much straight grinding it'd take on all six of my alts, at 8,000 a pop per day (not as easy as it sounds either), it came to almost half a month of doing what'd basically be a part-time job.

Hope Cryptic knows what they're doing because they stand to lose a lot of the playerbase over this.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 393
10-24-2012, 02:59 PM
I should also add that we haven't had any real space content with new map elements or models since I started playing STO a few months ago, and grinding the same three missions over and over until I have finger calluses has long since lost its appeal.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 394
10-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
HORRIBLE CHANGE

devs: **** YOU PLAYER BASE, YOU NEED TO BE CONVERTING REAL MONEY INTO DILITHIUM TO EVEN GET HALF OF THE CURRENT GAME EXPERIENCE

oh, the new omega reputation is just a small additional grind

oh, the new romulan reputation is just a small additional grind

oh, the new embassy is just a small additional grind

oh, we just gated your ability to gather doffs, so now grinding all this is INFINITELY more expensive

oh, wait till you get to tier 4 base stuff, its 10 times more expensive

so you see players, everything is just a very small increase in what you have to grind. except thats the biggest lie we have ever told, and this is actually an exponential, incalculable amount of new grind.

i'll do my best to ignore all this crap and just pvp, the only thing they haven't ruined yet, mostly because they haven't done a single thing to it since day 1
I'm telling ya guys.. Cryptic is a black ops government program designed to see how they can control the public through taxes while telling them that 'it's a small increase nothing to worry about..' Although my comments are sarcastic in nature i do feel that they are paralleling the governments actions which is-- More taxes for working harder.
Career Officer
# 395
10-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docroadie69 View Post
I'm telling ya guys.. Cryptic is a black ops government program designed to see how they can control the public through taxes while telling them that 'it's a small increase nothing to worry about..' Although my comments are sarcastic in nature i do feel that they are paralleling the governments actions which is-- More taxes for working harder.
It's pretty obvious, their metrics probably show that the game has reached saturation point and new players are not as abundant and in decline. Faced with this they decided to put a sale on LTS and sweeten it up with 1000 day rewards... then basically do the most cost efficient thing to increase revenue. Revamp a pre-existing piece of content and attach dilitium sinks to everything. The idea being to leech what they can before the new Trek Movie comes along to push new player sales. In the long run though it will just force the game into decline as it's simply going way out of balance, people don't have time for this grind.

Thats what my paranoid delusional mind tells me anyways.
Career Officer
# 396
10-25-2012, 01:35 AM
My sentiment exactly. I, like many other forum posters, have spent quite a bit of real money and enjoyed this game without a gripe about it. But now?!? Adding insane dilithium price-tags is not the adding of "content" I expected with Season 7. If they go through with this, I vow to never spend another dime on this game.

Season 7: "Shaka, when the walls fell."
"All I see is digger filth."

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
This is honestly getting ridiculous!

First they nerf our Dilithium Income such as the nerfs to the Contraband Mission and the Dilithium you get for turning in DOFFs. Then they add those enormous costs for Fleet Starbases. Then with Season 7, they get rid of the free STF Turn-ins and now force you to pay for that stuff with Dilithium, AND NOW THIS?

If Cryptic goes through with this, I will immediately stop working on Starbases and I will stop bothering with DOFFs. In fact, for the first time, I am actually thinking of quitting STO. Because I am tired of Perfect World's greed.
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Captain
# 397
10-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjexcimer500 View Post
Season 7: "Shaka, when the walls fell."
LMAO

That should be the official name of the season.
Career Officer
Starfleet Veteran
# 399
10-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
As the leader of a small fleet I'm very concerned by this news. it takes us a lot of time already to get the dilithium and doffs necessary for fleet projects. We mix our doffs with recruitment and fleet doffs. If recruitment missions starting cost a lot of dilithium we'll have even less to put to the starbase (T3 upgrade at 648,000 is already going to take us weeks to gather).
^^ This

I've had the upgrade to Tier 3 base project active for over a week and my small fleet hasn't even been able to get HALF of the 648k dilithium donated. We do continue to complete 3x Tier 2 Military projects since we're close 50k exp on that grind, but again, that opens up the upgrade Tier 3 Shipyard project which is ANOTHER 324k dilithium to complete. So between finishing both of those upgrades, that's close to 1 million dilithium that a small fleet must gather. Sigh.
--
No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
Starfleet Veteran
# 400
10-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Thing is - Hyperbole dosen't help and the "OMG! It's the NGU/NCE from SWG all over again." routine gets trotted out way too often and starts to loose impact when used for rally against something you don't like in another MMO.

As bad as some of the changes may look, it's nowhere NEAR as bad as what SOE/LA tried to do to SWG in 2005 in hopes to compete directly with WoW at the time (which was the only reason the changes to SWG - coupled with a massive media campaign, including TV ads.)

They're adding (and still itterating a new endgame reputation system - and as a result changing how endgame gear is earned, and adding some new passive powers you can earn in the new process as well.)

STO is NOT ripping out and redoing their Class system, Ground and Space combat system, and mission system in one swoop (Which is what was done to SWG in one major patch to try and make in 'WoW-like'.)

The situation is HARDLY similar in the last.
You missed my point -- I'm not saying that the amount of changes or the scope of the changes approach those in the CU/NGE -- I'm saying that the clueless stupidity BEHIND the changes is similar and the aftermath could be similar (people quit playing a game that they once loved because of the changes made by devs who obviously don't care about said players opinions).
--
No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?

Last edited by willy01pwe; 10-25-2012 at 09:14 AM.