Ensign
# 1 Plasma DoT
10-24-2012, 01:41 PM
So it says it doesn't stack, and nowhere else I've looked has clarified this.

So, plasma weapon A and weapon B both proc. What happens?

1)B overwrites A. No additional damage.
2)B gets it's own debuff. There are now 2 fires on the target.
3) rolling ignite. B refreshes the debuff, while adding A's remaining damage to it's tick bank.

All this said, is plasma a viable weapon? other than torps, which I've used over photons because of that dot. It just seems like if option A is how they work, having more than one or 2 plasma weapons is pointless. And I guess torps get their own rules, because I've seen 2 stacks from consecutive strikes.

Planning on using plasma on an STF Vo'Quv,, if that makes a differance.
Career Officer
# 2
10-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdfbxcgxfbc View Post
So it says it doesn't stack, and nowhere else I've looked has clarified this.

So, plasma weapon A and weapon B both proc. What happens?

1)B overwrites A. No additional damage.
2)B gets it's own debuff. There are now 2 fires on the target.
3) rolling ignite. B refreshes the debuff, while adding A's remaining damage to it's tick bank.

All this said, is plasma a viable weapon? other than torps, which I've used over photons because of that dot. It just seems like if option A is how they work, having more than one or 2 plasma weapons is pointless. And I guess torps get their own rules, because I've seen 2 stacks from consecutive strikes.

Planning on using plasma on an STF Vo'Quv,, if that makes a differance.
Depends on the patch. It's pretty consistent that the Plasma Torpedo proc can and does stack though you're not often to see it happen with just your weapons being fired. On the other hand the plasma energy weapon proc sometimes stacks and sometimes doesn't. On the times when it doesn't stack it always seems to reset the debuff's timer.
Captain
# 3
10-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah as somone runnign aplasma torp boat i can confirm plasma torps and mnes stack.
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Plasmas do have one advantage: Because so many end-game shields resist Plasma, they aren't considered as useful, and in turn, Plasma weapons and consoles on the exchange are considerably cheaper compared to other types.

Career Officer
# 5
10-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Plasmas do have one advantage: Because so many end-game shields resist Plasma, they aren't considered as useful, and in turn, Plasma weapons and consoles on the exchange are considerably cheaper compared to other types.
An excellent point. If you don't PvP, plasma are fine weapons and are usually the cheapest. The Borg have no special resistance to them, so you can get some nice Purples until you get enough marks/EDC/Wampum or whatever to get gear with the [BORG] proc.
Captain
# 6
10-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Yeah as someone running a plasma torp boat i can confirm plasma torps and mines stack.
AFAIK the game code regards the plasma fires from beams/cannons as separate from the plasma fires from torpedoes, which is separate from the plasma fires from mines, which is also separate from the plasma fires from the Warp Plasma venting ability. Thus, there are actually four different plasma procs that can stack with each other (but only one of each at a time). With the addition in Season 7 of an additional plasma proc from the Romulan reputation system, there will be five different plasma procs to stack.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Captain
# 7
10-31-2012, 08:39 AM
No,no,no,no. Torpedo plasma procas can and do stack with each other. I can confirm this from a LOT of observational evidance. Bassicly if they're not supposed to the code is broken.
Commander
# 8
10-31-2012, 08:47 AM
yes as far as the Plasma Torps, they do stack from what I have seen in Borg Elites. I get hit with a flurry of torps and get Proc twice

But as far as either beams or cannons, I can't confirm as of now.
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up