Cryptic Studios Team
# 361
10-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3dz3p85 View Post
Is this actually going live with S7 launch or is this something we're going to have to keep waiting on?
Yes, it will release with Season 7. It was intended to go out earlier, but we hit a snag and are just now getting the UI time we needed to implement the final elements of it.
Captain
# 362
10-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
See this is the ELEPHANT in this forum that everyone is over-looking: people are assuming the dilth rewards won't go down?

Who says Elite stf will still pay 1100 dilth? No-one that I have heard.
It's shocking that this Elephant is being overlooked by almost everyone. People keep talking about the 8000k per day - but not how MANY missions it will soon take to get that.

I can't understand why this is seen as a non-issue.
Career Officer
# 363
10-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post

We have the winter event coming up, the 3 year anniversary event in February as well as all the awesomeness that is going to be Season 8 (which will be our biggest update thus far) in the first half of 2013.

So Season 7 is more than just a systems update. It is a good addition to end game and a stage setter for the upcoming events and missions that will take us up to Season 8.
haven't you said that bolded line for about every season so far??
Cryptic Studios Team
# 364
10-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gespensterjaeger View Post
defently keep waiting.

you know what they told us 2 years go ? klingons will get content.

did it happen ? nope nothing nada
There will be new Klingon specific content in Season 8 along with a bunch of other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raythilo2345 View Post
haven't you said that bolded line for about every season so far??
Yes because my team has been growing with nearly every update. My team size for Season 7 was bigger than Season 6. My team size for Season 8 is bigger than for Season 7.
Starfleet Veteran
# 365
10-24-2012, 05:05 PM
No criticism here, just setting the record straight.

There is no Into The Hive space STF, just ground.

And the Retro Borg set is being changed not the Omega...
Commander
# 366
Adapted Honor Guard Gear.

So the KDF will now be able to get the MACO shield AND Plasmonic Leech console.

Funny, 2 weeks ago they were all in an uproar over a rumor the feds were going to get this combo. Where are they now?

This will bust pvp even more than it already is lol.
Empire Veteran
# 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
It's shocking that this Elephant is being overlooked by almost everyone. People keep talking about the 8000k per day - but not how MANY missions it will soon take to get that.

I can't understand why this is seen as a non-issue.
im betting my money on from the greed 20 missions elite stfs will be 8.000 in the new season.
heh 10 cents i call it happening.

my issues with this season keeps growing. 60 days + less dilithium from missions just great really great
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Captain
# 368
10-24-2012, 05:06 PM
I gave up tryng to read every last post at page 15 so sorry is this has allready been anwsered.

Will the Borg cutting beam be compatible with a science ship's target subsystem attacks like other sheilds, or is it treated like cannon's/torps in this respect.
Empire Veteran
# 369
10-24-2012, 05:07 PM
I know you've invested a lot of ressources in these new missions but my point was to say they were overshadowed by the new omega dilithium store gated behind the reputation system. if it's supposed to be a good

Quote:
stage setter for the upcoming events and missions that will take us up to Season 8
Then I guess that I don't want to see an 8th season, where you just revamp old stuff overshadowing your dilithium stores. Sure, the new romulan stuff is great, but the omega fleet, which is a transition from a free time-based only rewards system to a play to pay one, was unnecessary from a player's point of view.

I understand your point but I still do not agree with these changes. And you'll see that I'm not reluctant to pay when I think it's worth it, if you see my title.

Quote:
It is a good addition to end game
While I completely understand your point and the transition the game takes, I have to disagree here with you. Endgame is supposed to be challenging. Nothing in season 8 is a challenge, unless you consider beating timer through easy missions (including the new stf, sorry Dan), is. So I'm still waiting, like many other vets, for a true endgame content.

Anyway, thanks for answering my post.

Last edited by diogene0; 10-24-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Community Moderator
# 370
10-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi,

I enjoyed reading this blog, and believe it's better for everyone. I've just read through this entire thread and have only one concern.

Stahl thanks for answering so many questions (though I feel you repeated yourself a lot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Quote:
Why the new system is better:

New Captain Abilities can be earned at each rank in the Task Force Omega Reputation
The 42 different drop items needed to get the various gear sets is reduced down to 2 items
You no longer need to run specific STFs for specific drops ? all STFs reward the 2 needed items
The number of Elite STF runs needed to get a Mk XII gear set has been reduced by 60 percent
= nobody will feel the need to play IGE or CGE because those are easy to fail?

*not sure if better*
So yeah this is my one and only concern which zerobang brought up earlier and nobody else responded or brought up the same concern. I'm sure players will still play each individual STF mission for the accolades, but other than that once this Season 7 change occurs, there will be little incentive to play certain STF missions, as zerobang has already mentioned.

In my opinion the most difficult STFs are my favourites, I prefer a good challenge and mission that requires good team work as well as tactical thinking.

But if you're still around Stahl, does this not concern Cryptic at all? I can only imagine that the queues for the easiest STF missions will be constantly filled post Season 7 while the queues for the more difficult STF missions will pop infrequently due to the lack of players who're interested in them.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.

Last edited by kalecto; 10-24-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Closed Thread