Ensign
# 1 shields
10-05-2012, 10:59 AM
whats the best type of shield for a odyssey operations cruiser or what is the best shield in general
Captain
# 2
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
<sulu> "Shields...SHIELDS!" </sulu>

My first choice would be the Mk XII MACO shield you buy with prototype shield tech drops in Infected Space Elite.

Second choice would be the Aegis shield you can craft or buy in the exchange.

And I would combine either of them with the engine, deflector, and console from the Borg set.
Republic Veteran
# 3
10-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
<sulu> "Shields...SHIELDS!" </sulu>

My first choice would be the Mk XII MACO shield you buy with prototype shield tech drops in Infected Space Elite.

Second choice would be the Aegis shield you can craft or buy in the exchange.

And I would combine either of them with the engine, deflector, and console from the Borg set.
Maco Mk XI's wiull suffice as well until you get the mk XII's.... if you ever do. the Aegis shields i think are a little lacking, they only scale up to Mk X i believe.

The Reman prototype shi;leds arent bad either.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Without going into set shields, generally Resilient and Covariant shields are usually considered the best.

Covariants have huge capacities, but little regeneration. Sci ships can use them better because of their large shield modifiers, but any ship is ok with em.

Resilient shields absorb a small amount of damage, and allow very little damage through, thus they can take quite a bit without failing as quickly as another shield type, at the cost of having a lot less shield strength compared to others.

Career Officer
# 5
10-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I use Aegis with 2 XI Field Generators, (Science Consoles), on my Armitage and it boosts me to 10,867 shield strength. 2nd is definitely the Remen From the Coliseum Episode.

Without grinding the STF missions, that is...

Last edited by oldkirkfan; 10-05-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Commander
# 6
10-06-2012, 11:39 AM
I decided to kit-bash the sets on my most recent ship and ended up going w/Remen, and so far so good. If I had a MACO MK XII, I'd be running that one. Don't forget to look into your fleet options, either. The Adv are pretty f'n good, so I can't wait to see what Elite has to offer.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.
Ensign
i would like to know if there is any way to increace the rate at which shields moove from one faceing to another when you press the focous shields on this faceing button, i would also like to know how you can work out what this rate is, or is it simply a fixed thing that is useful early game but useless later on?
Empire Veteran
# 8
10-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafykille001 View Post
i would like to know if there is any way to increace the rate at which shields moove from one faceing to another when you press the focous shields on this faceing button, i would also like to know how you can work out what this rate is, or is it simply a fixed thing that is useful early game but useless later on?
Honestly, early on, enemies usually do very little damage at low levels, but that changes quite a bit as you get higher level, and the best way to make sure your shields are where they need to be is Tactical Team. That automatically does it for 10 seconds for you.

Captain
# 9
10-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafykille001 View Post
The manual shield reinforcement abilities are fixed. You can't speed them up. However, the BOFF Ability Tactical Team gives 10 seconds of incredible fast shield reinforcement on shields taking file. So so effective that it will can keep one siled facing up and drain your other shield facings down to nothing.

The manual shield reinforcement is not useless at any level. I use shield reinforcement and redistribute shield strength all the time even at the level cap. Not all of my ships can have back to back Tactical Teams up all the time.