Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Career Officer
# 21
10-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Yeah plus some of them aren't even fixed where you can complete them aka gelki feeding grounds one.

Cough "starbase 24" cough
Ensign
# 22
10-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Just checked and have just found that outside FM event, Defera missions now give 10 OM and only 10 FM instead of the previous 20.
Rihannsu
# 23
10-24-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121012a.7

General:
  • Improved the rewards for the older Fleet Actions.
  • Updated Defera Invasion and Borg Alert missions and rewards to give Omega Marks.
    • This is a work in progress, and some of the missions may not have them added in yet.
what about kerrat/ otha??
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 24
10-24-2012, 05:01 AM
While it is inconvenient to spend dil on things, the more dil we take out of the economy, the more it is worth. There is a reason why the exchange rate for dil->Zpoints is so favorable currently. It is because the starbase projects have been taking dil out of circulation.

It might be a pain to spend dil, but I think I like it this way. Now I can actually earn some decent Z if that is what I want to do with my dil.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
While it is inconvenient to spend dil on things, the more dil we take out of the economy, the more it is worth. There is a reason why the exchange rate for dil->Zpoints is so favorable currently. It is because the starbase projects have been taking dil out of circulation.

It might be a pain to spend dil, but I think I like it this way. Now I can actually earn some decent Z if that is what I want to do with my dil.
Dilithium is capped at 8k per day. Long term this actually ends up being a big amount...HOWEVER

You now must split that 8k not one not two not three but FOUR ways and potentially even MORE as we progress.

1: Starbase construction. Basic missions, and the actual upgrades themselves. Not including those 200k drains on dilithium for no benefit whatsoever.

2: Embassy Construction and Missions. These are kinda going to be required...and guarntee you its gonna take a LOT of dilithium to make a reallity.

3: Personal Reputation: We've heard totals of 100k DILITHIUM for getting what you want out of these STF's? (for one item?) That's 13 days refining assuming you're not doing 1, 2, or my next.

4: Z-store requisition. I'm a player who if he had money would probably have spent it on this game. I dont. Not for awhile yet. So i take any chance i can to get Z points or did till the season 7 stuff got started up.

A player at this point now has to choose between these four. Helping his Fleet, Helping Himself, or Getting something neat for his character. The way this is going (assuming things dont really change) It feels like a straight up money grab. If this ends up being the case. Bye bye cryptic. GW 2 is a hell of a lot better for the cash. And i'm falling back in love with Rift. This Trekkie knows a screwjob when he sees it.
Career Officer
# 26
10-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Season 7: The Grind Continues
Season 7: The Dilithium Plot Thickens
Season 7: Grind II
Season 7: Tedium Intensifies
Season 7: The Story Forgotten
Season 7: Bugged System Bonanza
Season 7: Old Rope
"
"
"
Season 9: Potential PvP Content...

It's expected that Cryptic will be stripping the ability to earn as much dilithium from STFs. That's a massive influx of fleet resources that we could loose. Therefore we're going to have to spend more real money to make it up - Or stop altogether.

According to Tribble, Cryptic is going to charge people for picking up duty officers from the Academies that are currently free. While one person doesn't make a massive amount of DoFF's from the system, a fleet worth does make an impact on it's development. If we will be made to pay then that's more real money needed to make it up plus more dilithium going into a system with very little return.

Dilithium appears to be needed for the new reputation system.
Dilithium appears to be needed for the new fleet holding.
Dilithium appears to be needed for the aquisition of Omega Force gear that was okay before.

Let's not forget that it costs dilithium to buy ships now, a LOT for new players.

At the rate Cryptic is monopolizing STO - it's soon going to become more expensive to play Star Trek Online FTP then it ever was under the subscription system. That is NOT progress. That's a sign that the developers simply wish to sponge as much money out of the playerbase before moving on.

Dilithium is simply becoming too important a currency to strive for anymore. Fleet starbases will languish at Tier II - III.5 as people realize that grinding for identical starbases simply becomes too much like work, and less of a game.

For any developers that read this, it's time you took a step back and considered the long view. Don't drive people away simply because you have the ability to.
Captain
# 27
10-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post

You're not going to be able to earn dil soon, meaning that favorable exchange rate won't be worth squat. The whole point is that they want to monetize dil and stop people earning it from playing the actual game.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Seriously guys, you need to put back a visual display of how many people are queued for a given event/stf/fleet action.
Career Officer
# 29
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc2011a View Post
Seriously guys, you need to put back a visual display of how many people are queued for a given event/stf/fleet action.
Seconded.

It was nice to know when one would fire or be close to firing so if we couldn't team up with fleet members we could at least do it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
10-24-2012, 08:32 PM
3rded too needs a people in que count