Lt. Commander
# 471
10-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Understood and we'll evaluate this once all of Season 7 is on TRIBBLE and we have the TRIBBLE stress test weekend and evaluate the final feedback once everyone can play all the systems at once.
You need more than one weekend to get the proper metrics stored away. And you'd get a lot more people on tribble if there was a reward for their participation. I can not tell you how many people just do not like playing on test servers.

Quote:
No one is ignoring feedback. Season 7 isn't fully on TRIBBLE yet - we are letting you know ahead of time about changes coming so that we can gather feedback.

But I would hardly call some of the comments in this thread as feedback, it is more like personal threats or bashing me - to which I say - ok I get it - there is frustration - but the game will go on and we will continue to improve.

That does not rule out changes that might be made based on feedback, it just says hate me all you want. I can take it. I have the benefit of seeing the reality behind the scenes to know the truth that the game is doing really well.

At the end of the day, this team cares about STO and still spend many hours a day working to make it better and more fun for everyone. Not everyone has the same play style or the same feedback. We have to weigh everything and make a measure and calculated decision. So far we've done pretty good if you go by the success of the game versus how some would like to portray our efforts.
I'm not trying to threaten you personally. I can see why you'd say that based off some of the posts. I have been very harsh in my tone because quite frankly I'm a TOS trekkie. I got introduced as a toddler and i've basically grown up around the series. I went and saw most of the movies in theaters and i've seen every ep of every series on TV. I want this game to succeed. I want this game to thrive. But as an F2P game there are issues i MUST take with what's happening. The worst thing that could happen is that people feel they need to pay to win. Which is what this borders on. Some people will like it. Most will not.

To a LOT of people this feels like a cash grab. If you cant shake that. I really believe you're going to have issues. One of the suggestions was putting up the Named gear at Mk12 level for a rather high amount of EDC.

Imo i dont think that's enough. I believe while you want to be fair you are in fact doing more harm than good. Players who have put in a large amount of time to figure these things out are getting the shaft. I'm 26 STF's off the starfleet cross. That's 150 STF's completed. A good portion of them with optionals. I haven't been seriously playing all that long but i've been involved for awhile in one form or another. I feel like my Starfleet Cross is going to be utterly ignored by the Omega force despite no reason for it to be. What if you were to make it so certain accolades gave discounts to projects on certain tiers? Would that not still accomplish your goal while giving the players what they want? I cant believe it would be that hard to code in.

Quote:
All of the Dilithium inputs for Starbases are being evaluated and scrutinized so that we make the right balance change for Season 7. We agree that Dilithium costs for higher tiers of Starbases are too high and we will adjust them, just like we have done previously.
I hope you do. These changes need to be public and they need to be known. If this change is right then there is actual cause to hope. I want to believe that you guys have the best intrests of this game at heart. But with so many opposed its hard to read you just ignoring some of these posts. I've been in a lot of battles like this. EVE online Anarchy Online Age of Conan and others. I didnt bother with TOR because it was EA. Here i'm bothering and i'm hoping its worth it.

On however the subject of the dilithium structure:

The new dilithium changes slant people more towards fleet combat. THIS is actually NOT A BAD THING. What is bad right now is the fact you are rewarding based on Individual performance and NOT overall objectives. This should change. These fleet actions should be about people WORKING together. Gold Silver Bronze and Crud Should be determined based on the condition of the objective at the end of the match. The 20 man fleet is a PERFECT way of using that. A fleet that works together can earn high levels of marks. A 20 man pug isnt going to have as good a finish.

To be clear: All conditions and low starbase damage=Gold
most condtions and low starbase damage= silver
some conditions and medium starbase damage = bronze
few conditions and heavy starbase damage = crud.

Now One thing people are not talking about when it comes to '(The elephant in the room)' is the fact they are NOT to my knowledge changing DAILY MISSIONS. B'tran cluster nets about 2600 with strange new worlds. Deferi adds a bunch (i dont have the exact number but its easily 2k+ total) and the PVP daily adds some as well. STF's are a FUN way but there are other parts of the game not being touched by the dilithium changes that WILL make it easier to hit that 8k cap. Between fleet actions and STF's i don't see that 8k or higher being harder to hit.

I hope in the coming days you and the rest of the team are more responsive than you have been up to this point.
Starfleet Veteran
# 472
10-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
That is a valid point and one that I've already talked to the designers about. We may remove the 2x Dilithium for Gold and just give everyone 960 Dilithium.

It is also worth mentioning, the reason why I'm still on this thread is because all of the feedback in this thread is being shared with the designers and the team. When good points and valid concerns are brought up, I'm taking those concerns to the designers and we're discussing it.

That is one of the purposes of this thread - to get immediate feedback as we are implementing the system. Nothing is set in stone in an MMO an we can always adjust. None of this is even live yet, but we do ask that you give it a fair shake once ALL of Season 7 is up on Tribble and we have the Test Weekend. Then you can see how all the economies are updated and make a more valid assessment.

We will then adjust more from there.
Great. Good to hear that you are monitoring this thread for feedback.

Any Dev feedback on what is (arguably) the most loathed change announced (although no one announced it -they just slapped it on Tribble) ie - the 50X increase in the use of the DOFF upgrinder and the overall addition of a dilithium cost to almost everything?

I ask because I care.
Career Officer
# 473
10-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
That is a valid point and one that I've already talked to the designers about. We may remove the 2x Dilithium for Gold and just give everyone 960 Dilithium.

It is also worth mentioning, the reason why I'm still on this thread is because all of the feedback in this thread is being shared with the designers and the team. When good points and valid concerns are brought up, I'm taking those concerns to the designers and we're discussing it.

That is one of the purposes of this thread - to get immediate feedback as we are implementing the system. Nothing is set in stone in an MMO an we can always adjust. None of this is even live yet, but we do ask that you give it a fair shake once ALL of Season 7 is up on Tribble and we have the Test Weekend. Then you can see how all the economies are updated and make a more valid assessment.

Dan, since this is a tribble conversation I've created a thread here for Tribble feedback.

Please respond there when you have time.

Captain
# 474
10-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:

I very much respect you sitting here through this firestorm. Yes removing the 1st/2nd/3rd place is the most wise course of action - these are after all supposed to be "team" focased events. Nothing but disaster could come from those reward - no-one healing others, no-one shielding others, no-one re-surrecting others. Most missions would end in utter failure.
Captain
# 475
10-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
My final post on the topic for now (03:30 in Sweden, so I should probably go to bed)...

Will you make ANY changes to the DOff conversion requiring MASSIVE amounts of Dilithium compared to Season 6? (5 white -> 1 random green etc)
That is what a lot of Doffers are very concerned about and theres been word about this, 6,000 dil to upgrade 5 blues to a purple is a bit high to say the least, and 1000 for a pack from SFA will stop new players getting as many doffs as they should - to replace losses
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 476
10-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:

That being the case the concerns I have garnered form the player-base that we wish to see addressed are;

• The insane increase in Doff grinder Dilithium costs (no on wants this at all)
  • The reduction in Dilithium rewards for STF's
  • The creation of multiple new and expensive Dilithium sinks especially in STF's where to get a full space set and weapons we are looking at a staggering 450k Dilithium

Those are the concerns we wish to see addressed by the team and as you can see their is a common concern in each point.

I also agree with Levi's assessment of the rewards, it would kill support roles, which are as I am sure you will agree already marginalized in much of the space end-game where DPS is more often than not king. I know however that the combat logs list Heals given out and Damage taken, if you wanted a reward system, could you not also have an award for most heals and most damage recived/amount of deaths?. Though such a system would be more complicated and a simple across the board reward may be the way to go.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-24-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Captain
# 477
when will more season 7 content be going on tribble ? , atm it seems empty when i try and play the new minetrap . been waiting over 60 min and still not enough people are on
Captain
# 478
Quote:
Please don't take any of the negative feedback personally. We are just frustrated with the new rewards system, and how this makes us want to walk away. Our frustration is from endless grinding, lack of rewards, slow progress, and, in one case, playing through the system to re-earn what has already been earned.

I spent $200 on Zen within only a few months, so that I can get neat gear to use. I am taking these changes as a personal attack on my loyalty as a customer.

I don't want to regrind.

I don't want to spend 25 to 30 minutes on an stf, so that I can only be rewarded a few coins.

If we are putting money into Zen and effort into grinding, why does this new system punish your loyal fans?

Last edited by linyive; 10-24-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 479
Quote:
Understood and we'll evaluate this once all of Season 7 is on TRIBBLE and we have the TRIBBLE stress test weekend and evaluate the final feedback once everyone can play all the systems at once.
Which is code for fat chance
Divine Protectorate Gaming
STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
Career Officer
# 480
I find it funny to read Dan's posts defending the new system as a guaranteed way to get the STF stuff people want. My question is... Why couldn't you have just added something like, trade in 50 Proto Salvage for a Proto Tech requisition? It's simple, it would of taken about a half hour for your team t implement, and everyone would be happier. But no! You need to design some ridiculous epic grind around a system and call it "content" when it's just another boring money sink!
Closed Thread