Starfleet Veteran
# 511
10-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
I am right. Dodds is finishing up the Space portion of the STF secretely and we haven't told Brandon yet

But Brandon is right in that "Into the Hive" refers to the ground portion of the STF. The space portion will probably have its own name.

It is a face off against the Borg Queen diamond as well as some other challenges at one of the unimatrix complexes. It is pretty awesome.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo...
Empire Veteran
# 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
You are the one that is in charge, you are the one pulling the strings. Ever since you came back, the game has turned into a huge gambling machine, mixed with a grinder, and re-enforced with more ill conceived currency systems.

Say what you will about improvements, or about how you feel personally attacked, but when you go out of your way to gouge your playerbase at every corner, or sit by and watch mediocre "Special features" get released at huge costs and criticisms.

Or watch to see bugged content get pushed through regardless of being declared bugged

Or allow players get auto-muted by other players for 24 hours based on "X amount" of spam ignores.

Or leave your support ticket system rendered utterly useless for nearly a year

Lack of a support team

Recycle Has become Cryptics Slogan, although you aren't helping to save the planet by doing so.

Increased Profits Regardless of Above

One is left to wonder where your priorities really exist.
Jeez... they can't just drop everything and fix a few non-priority things like those, especially since there's little-to-no return value on the work needed to do so.

And on a more serious note, it's exactly people like you he was talking about, what with attacks and such. He's here in this thread for all this time, and you still say that? It says a lot more about you than him...
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 10-24-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 513
Quote:
No one is ignoring feedback. Season 7 isn't fully on TRIBBLE yet - we are letting you know ahead of time about changes coming so that we can gather feedback.

But I would hardly call some of the comments in this thread as feedback, it is more like personal threats or bashing me - to which I say - ok I get it - there is frustration - but the game will go on and we will continue to improve.

That does not rule out changes that might be made based on feedback, it just says hate me all you want. I can take it. I have the benefit of seeing the reality behind the scenes to know the truth that the game is doing really well.

At the end of the day, this team cares about STO and still spend many hours a day working to make it better and more fun for everyone. Not everyone has the same play style or the same feedback. We have to weigh everything and make a measure and calculated decision. So far we've done pretty good if you go by the success of the game versus how some would like to portray our efforts.
You are the one that is in charge, you are the one pulling the strings. Ever since you came back, the game has turned into a huge gambling machine, mixed with a grinder, and re-enforced with more ill conceived currency systems.

Say what you will about improvements, or about how you feel personally attacked, but when you go out of your way to gouge your playerbase at every corner, or sit by and watch mediocre "Special features" get released at huge costs and criticisms.

Or watch to see bugged content get pushed through regardless of being declared bugged

Or allow players get auto-muted by other players for 24 hours based on "X amount" of spam ignores.

Or leave your support ticket system rendered utterly useless for nearly a year

Lack of a support team

Recycle Has become Cryptics Slogan, although you aren't helping to save the planet by doing so.

Increased Profits Regardless of Above

One is left to wonder where your priorities really exist.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Lt. Commander
# 514
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
I am right. Dodds is finishing up the Space portion of the STF secretely and we haven't told Brandon yet

But Brandon is right in that "Into the Hive" refers to the ground portion of the STF. The space portion will probably have its own name.

It is a face off against the Borg Queen diamond as well as some other challenges at one of the unimatrix complexes. It is pretty awesome.
HELL YES!!! HELL YES!

Also what about what i suggested a few pages back? About high level accolades translating into discounts of projects? Is that a viable option and if not why not?
Career Officer
# 515
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
LOL! I really did laugh at that. :p

um, seriously.... the price on the Dilithium exchange is the price players are willing to pay.
Yeah simply put the amount of Dilithium on the exchange is dependent on the surplus players have to spend on Zen conversion, this surplus will be diminished by the new Dilithium sinks and thus we will see a fundamental change in the economy I would expect.

The fact that kitting out one ship alone will cost 280k in dilithium not including the 200k required to reach Tier 5 means many will have to re-evaluate their purchase choices, especially given the 8k 24 hour Limit.
Career Officer
# 516
10-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Wait, so we can't use the stuff we've ALREADY EARNED until we grind to MAX REPUTATION?????!!!!! How freaking long will that take?

If I've already earned something, it is mine to do with as I wish. I should be able to use it whenever I want to. I shouldn't be forced to play more of the same stuff, that I've already played a TON, to use the items I've already earned.
Any of the Space &/or Ground Items that You Already Have will remain playable...

It's ONLY the CONSUMABLES that will be held till you get to Tier 5.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 517
10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Mr. Stahl, i asked this earlier, but it was passed over relatively quick.

1)will the new console+torp+beam set have any new visual effects to add to the existing brog visual?

2)will they have their own set bonus?

3)is there any possibility of making the rewards account wide rather than character wide to help alleviate some of the stress the conversion is placing on people with stockpiles?
Lieutenant
# 518
10-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Well, I for one would like to thank Dstahl for all of the time he has taken to make the replies in this thread.

Personally, I am most excited about the upcoming expansion of the Foundry Spotlight because it means there will be a new mission for people to play every week that actually rewards them for taking the time to play it.

On a side note, with all of the talk about offering new ways for players to earn dilithium, why not create some kind of daily for replaying episodes after you've reached max level?

Last edited by l3dz3p85; 10-24-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 519
10-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:

Aww poor Brandon.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 520
10-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
Just out of curiosity are you every going to fix the bug where a dialogue box conversation de-activates the cloaking device.... its getting rather annoying at times when I get pulled out of cloak cause some breen wants to say something to me or one of my own bridge officers wants to talk to me and it pulls me out of cloak in the MIDDLE of a bunch of hostiles.....
I have no idea where it is at the moment...

But there is a post out there by the Dstahl, that explains that that particular "Non-Problem" is "...Working As Intended".
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Closed Thread