Captain
# 601
10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
They enjoy the game... by enjoying the game.

Which unfortunately seems to be all about grinding. :/

Except the Foundry, but it sucks that we only get to play 3 a day before there's no reward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Republic Veteran
# 602
10-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
End of the world? Not in the least, simply because you got that impression does not make it so. I don't exaggerate, or have time to make everything sound like a subtle change for the sake of other peoples vanity.

Why do so many think all constructive criticism has to have a positive twist on it? If I felt the need to kiss someones ... etc, I would. But I don't do that, I tell them how it is, I tell you how it is, regardless of the emotional impact my words may have. Call it heartless, or what you will, I call it straight to the point. I don't have time for meaningless social dogma where one must play with words just to get a point through "politely." CNN would have you believe every lie or truth is just an "opinion" to avoid offending anyone and that is where the problem begins.

As for threats? What threats have I made? I have not made any threats. If you mean my declaration of quitting? It isn't a threat, it is a definitive possibility, and if longterm players quitting doesn't concern Cryptic, then they don't belong in this business.

Also, here is another problem between you and I, you care more about the machine, I care more about the content the machine produces.
Just expect to never be taken serious, and always having a screaming match.
Starfleet Veteran
# 603
10-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
That's EXACTLY what I meant right there...

I respect your 'straight to the point' aspect, but saying it with wording that could be taken as implied threats (such as 'Cryptic doesn't belong in the business') doesn't help your case with Cryptic.
( and how is that a "threat"? ) you aren't making any sense.

Furthermore, I've already pointed out, I'm not here to befriend a machine, if I want to be friends with individual developers then sure, why not. But that will not in any fashion, modify how I think or what opinions I will convey. On another note, if they can't take feedback in all forms, then they aren't appropriately conducting themselves as developers.

Quote:
It can even make them ignore you completely, if you have little-to-no feedback (and by that, I mean feedback as they define it).
Not necessarily my problem, I am just one of many players, one straight forward person may be seen often, but in retrospect it will take many straight forward or semi straight forward people to get a point through to the devs. Fortunately we have that in this thread.

On that, you can say, I am a player that is heard, but only in a crowd of people ;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Just expect to never be taken serious, and always having a screaming match.
Screaming? I find that unlikely, my capital letters would be more opaque. Being taken serious does not fall into my concerns, people can take whatever they wish from what I say, and there is nothing I can do about it, whether I was being serious or not.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 10-24-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Ensign
# 604
10-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Another concern

You said that you've implemented the current system based on someone who plays 3hrs per week. Honestly that statement doesn't fly. You can't possibly earn enough dil or other resources in that time in order to complete the projects and get the gear. As I've stated, you would need to max out your daily dil cap for a month and half just to get a FULL gear set. Never mind the resources needed to fill the projects.

Even if the 3hr/week line was accurate.... what if someone who plays a lot more than 3 hrs per week? You're basically penalizing those who do play more by forcing a minimum time frame for project completion. So there is no reward or incentive to putting more time into the game.
Empire Veteran
# 605
10-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
( and how is that a "threat"? ) you aren't making any sense.

Furthermore, I've already pointed out, I'm not here to befriend a machine, if I want to be friends with individual developers then sure, why not. But that will not in any fashion, modify how I think or what opinions I will convey. On another note, if they can't take feedback in all forms, then they aren't appropriately conducting themselves as developers.
Like I said, it COULD be taken as an implied threat. I didn't say it would be taken as such.

And you just did it again... 'then they aren't appropiately conducting themselves as developers'. That could be taken as telling them that 'you'd better change how you do things, or you're doomed'.

Not neccesarily a threat, but not exactly a criticism either. IMO
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Career Officer
# 606
10-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnooob View Post
Another concern

You said that you've implemented the current system based on someone who plays 3hrs per week. Honestly that statement doesn't fly. You can't possibly earn enough dil or other resources in that time in order to complete the projects and get the gear. As I've stated, you would need to max out your daily dil cap for a month and half just to get a FULL gear set. Never mind the resources needed to fill the projects.

Even if the 3hr/week line was accurate.... what if someone who plays a lot more than 3 hrs per week? You're basically penalizing those who do play more by forcing a minimum time frame for project completion. So there is no reward or incentive to putting more time into the game.
They could always sell project time accelerators on the C-Store. That has the effect needed. You could convert dil to ZEN for it or spend ZEN directly.

Having a fleet version would also help small fleets.
Starfleet Veteran
# 607
10-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
And you just did it again... 'then they aren't appropiately conducting themselves as developers'. That could be taken as telling them that 'you'd better change how you do things, or you're doomed'.
Logically analyzing your paragraph, it appears to be borderline paranoia.

Just keep in mind, I say what I mean, not what you think I meant, I don't put hidden meaning behind my words or imply something else. Now simply because others do that, does not mean I do. If I wanted to "imply" a threat, I wouldn't imply it, I'd just say it.

Empire Veteran
# 608
10-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Logically analyzing your paragraph, it appears to be borderline paranoia.

Just keep in mind, I say what I mean, not what you think I meant, I don't put hidden meaning behind my words or imply something else. Now simply because others do that, does not mean I do. If I wanted to "imply" a threat, I wouldn't imply it, I'd just say it.
Okay, if that's your logical outcome...

But that still doesn't make it true. It was just my opinion on what you said. Obviously we don't see things the same way, so I think this is as far as we go on the subject.
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Captain
# 609
10-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Random drops bad. Project and dilithium sinks to save the day?

I guess we all can't be model Star Citizens
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Starfleet Veteran
# 610
10-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Okay, if that's your logical outcome...

But that still doesn't make it true. It was just my opinion on what you said. Obviously we don't see things the same way, so I think this is as far as we go on the subject.
Regardless, I hope that you will come to view, and agree with the issues in the up coming content, that have been brought to attention in this thread.

Closed Thread