Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 21
10-25-2012, 01:47 AM
Kind of baffled as to how they think they're gonna keep older players (okay, I'm not exactly an "older player" but I've been around since quite a while before Season 6) doing these things, it's been the same three maps the whole time I've been playing STO and I already have the Mk XII whatevers so...?

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,151
# 22
10-25-2012, 01:50 AM
You guys got your rewards all wrong

Its apparent no one at cryptic grinds in this game and doesnt understand whats really going on here

invest in trackers so you know what content is being played and what catagory of players are playing them

track these players by CASH spend on your game and follow the money

break these players into groups by how many spent 5$ 25$ 50$ 100$ 250 $ ect
on the game

Send those players emails asking about what they think should be done, improved about the content, What new content they want, follow the money. These trackers SHOULD be your top priority , If I was CEO it would be the number 1 project

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rewards for STFs is all wrong they should be Increased not cut
the reward for
cure space elite should be 3000..........ground .....6000........OPP + 2500
Infected elite 1500..........ground......3000........OPP + 2500
Kitiomere Elite 2250..........ground.......4500.......OPP + 2500

If you want to add dilithium to Fleet missions fine,There very unpopular in my fleet
we only do them for the starbase then only what we need Colony invasion is the only fun mission and its reward is the most poor

STFs are the only fun content in the game to many of us did you know that ?

If the content thats ( FUN ) doesnt give a proper reward ( WHY PLAY )

None of our active players in our fleet like what we have read about season 7

Because your taking something FUN and turning it into work, I advise caution
Star wars galaxies did something just like this

Look at what happened to them
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 23
10-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Oh, and Cryptic, those ranking systems you use based on total damage are dumb as hell and they're what slowly killed maps like SB24, despite them having some of the most valuable rewards in the game.

High scores are for arcades, they're not for MMOs. Encouraging people to flip the finger to their team and look out for number one is completely at odds with a social game.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 24
10-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Oh, and Cryptic, those ranking systems you use based on total damage are dumb as hell and they're what slowly killed maps like SB24, despite them having some of the most valuable rewards in the game.

High scores are for arcades, they're not for MMOs. Encouraging people to flip the finger to their team and look out for number one is completely at odds with a social game.
LOL ya I pull large groups of klinks to the other scatter escorts with my bug... they can't handle it and go boom and I take the hull scores... ha take that farmer thanks for the purple thingy. Wait I think I'm a farmer... help me, don't give me 1900k or so reasons to pull fleets of klinks onto the guys that just wanna win one. lmao
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,257
# 25
10-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
In addition, at max level in the Omega Fleet a repetable project unlocks that converts Omega Marks to Dilithium at a rate of 50 marks to 500 dilithium or thereabouts
And why do I get the feeling this will be yet another 1d,16h project?

Hate the new changes. Hate them, hate them, hate them, and just reading all this bull makes me want to stop playing whatsoever.

Oh, and say goodbye to all the ground STFs, as with current grind economy I don't see (m)any people even attempting them for mere 480 dilithium.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 26
10-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
You guys got your rewards all wrong

Its apparent no one at cryptic grinds in this game and doesnt understand whats really going on here

invest in trackers so you know what content is being played and what catagory of players are playing them

track these players by CASH spend on your game and follow the money

break these players into groups by how many spent 5$ 25$ 50$ 100$ 250 $ ect
on the game

Send those players emails asking about what they think should be done, improved about the content, What new content they want, follow the money. These trackers SHOULD be your top priority , If I was CEO it would be the number 1 project
Yeah right, because you are the entire playerbase

I'm pretty sure they did that and they know better than you what most of the players are doing
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 27
10-25-2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Oh, and Cryptic, those ranking systems you use based on total damage are dumb as hell and they're what slowly killed maps like SB24, despite them having some of the most valuable rewards in the game.

High scores are for arcades, they're not for MMOs. Encouraging people to flip the finger to their team and look out for number one is completely at odds with a social game.
Yeah, that sucks for Engie and Sci -.-
Even random Loot would be a better system then that!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,754
# 28
10-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
Yeah right, because you are the entire playerbase

I'm pretty sure they did that and they know better than you what most of the players are doing
So did those in charge of Star Wars Galaxies. Who later admitted that they'd made "stupid decisions".

Some distrubring parallels here.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 926
# 29
10-25-2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
Yeah, that sucks for Engie and Sci -.-
Even random Loot would be a better system then that!
Like if they even care.. want to the good in those missions? Buy your self a Jemhadar attack ship.. that is what Cryptic wants, pay to win.

__________________________________________________

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,754
# 30
10-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Why? The only pug elite STF that even has a remote chance of failing is Cure Elite, and I probably have only completely failed that 2-4 times out of several hundred.
Oh I daresay that there'll be a few more failed STF's to look forward to.

KASE can fail if ten probes get through the gate - doesn't happen often, hardly ever thankfully, but if you do find yourself with a team that is sufficently lacking in attention (and ignorant of Team Chat) it can happen.

And considering the difference between the Dil reward for Normal and Elite I suspect that there'll be a lot of inexperienced/ill equiped players appearing in the STF's once this system commences.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:51 PM.