Career Officer
# 1 Can't Transfer Character?
10-23-2012, 04:44 AM
On one of my missions (Atlas Affair, Part 1), I received a humongous amount of reviews stating that people got an error preventing stating "Can't Transfer Character." Thus the mission was not completable. Has anyone else been getting this problem?

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Lieutenant
# 2
10-23-2012, 05:52 AM
I can't say I've experienced this when I ran through it, but I could take another look if you'd like.
Captain
# 3
10-23-2012, 06:05 AM
That's happened to me occasionally, but outside the Foundry. Perhaps it's a server problem that's not your fault.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Rihannsu
# 4
10-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah it's a timeout while map loading.

Your mission isn't technically responsible. But... if they had a long patch that might make it worse. Patch on demand does funny things in foundry.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 5
10-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I've run into this but not in the foundry as such. It is a server issue, sometimes certain maps become inaccessible for a short time and then work again. Bad luck to have it hit your foundry mission at an inopportune moment but I doubt it's anything you did.
Captain
# 6
10-23-2012, 12:14 PM
I've run into this on a Cryptic mission. It happened 3x in a row, so I had to drop the mission. I'm pretty sure it was happening during a big patch week.
Career Officer
# 7
10-25-2012, 07:04 AM
I don't understand what caused it. A lot of people seemed to have problems, but I can't imagine why. When I first published the mission was working, as far as I know, but then sometime around 4-5 days ago people started having problems with not being able to transfer their character.

I republished it now, and ran through it and it worked fine, so I hope it's now working. If not, I don't know what to do.

On a side note, usually I enjoy creating missions in the Foundry, but then sometimes when these sorts of irritating bugs happen it makes me question whether it's worth it.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.