Cryptic Studios Team
# 21
10-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Sounds really interesting, and a welcome improvement to the current science consoles. Would you be kind enough to post here a list of the sicence abilities these consoles can improve?

One of the main purposes of my question: will we ever see a -/+threat +shield cap +plasma dot console?
Here's the current list of options:

Particle Generators

Graviton Generators

Inertial Dampeners

Starship Sensors

Power Insulators

Shield Emitters

Flow Capacitors

Starship Stealth

Sorry, no Starship Shield Strength option.
Captain
# 22
10-24-2012, 06:40 PM
One would assume that "Shield Emitters", should technically effect both shield cap (slightly), as well as shield regen. Currently, it does neither (as far as I know).
Empire Veteran
# 23
10-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post

Particle Generators

Graviton Generators

Inertial Dampeners

Starship Sensors

Power Insulators

Shield Emitters

Flow Capacitors

Starship Stealth

so, will there be consoles with a combination of 2 of these or something? i really dont think these new sci consoles are necessary, the notion that sci consoles have low value changed dramatically when F2P happened

there was the shield hp and regen consoles, flow cap that effects tet and pol weapons and tet glider, participial gen consoles that buff all the dot and kinetic sci ability damage, graviton effecting push and pull, and shield emitters benefiting shield heals. i always have a bunch of 1 of these kinds of consoles equipped, i rarely use sci as a dump location for any universal consoles. they have more worth to me than eng consoles do currently.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 24
10-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
There are several variations on these new consoles.

Each console adds one property from each of these three categories:

Category 1: Either increased or decreased threat generation.

Category 2: A bonus to a Science skill, i.e. Starship Sensors.

Category 3: One of three additional powers.
a) 2.5% Chance to restore Shields when you are hit.
b) 2.5% Chance to restore Hull when you are hit.
c) 2.5% Chance to add a Plasma DoT on Directed Energy weapon attacks. (Essentially, adding the Plasma proc to a non-plasma weapon.) If your weapon is already a Plasma weapon, this adds Plasma damage to that weapon instead.

Thus, a sample item might have +threat generation, +starship sensors, and a 2.5 Chance whenever your shield is hit to proc a shield heal.

Well, that's interesting.

When can we look forward to seeing these on tribble?

My other concern is the procs, it's going to be pretty tough for you guys to strike a balance between making it useful against NPCs who tend to fire less frequently and for high damage vs. Players who fire very often (or say in a team PvP environment where 1 player is being focus fired on).

This might be a good time to have one proc value vs. players (including pets owned by players) and one proc value vs. NPCs.

Commander
# 25
10-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Lovely, So your not going to do the only kind I use.
Captain
# 26
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Please don't overdo the repairs, borg set and shield distro doffs are bad enough.

edit: plz don't make the proc rates stack, ty
Captain
# 27
10-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
so, will there be consoles with a combination of 2 of these or something? i really dont think these new sci consoles are necessary, the notion that sci consoles have low value changed dramatically when F2P happened

there was the shield hp and regen consoles, flow cap that effects tet and pol weapons and tet glider, participial gen consoles that buff all the dot and kinetic sci ability damage, graviton effecting push and pull, and shield emitters benefiting shield heals. i always have a bunch of 1 of these kinds of consoles equipped, i rarely use sci as a dump location for any universal consoles. they have more worth to me than eng consoles do currently.
It was + or minus to threat gen, 1 sci ability NOT +shield%, +shield proc or + hull proc or +plasma DoT to Dem.

Basically, they're nerfing the Borg set, but adding this to stack or fill its place ...
Empire Veteran
# 28
10-25-2012, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Sounds fine to me, this one would have been completely OP and would have lead to everyone using this specific consoles with plasma dots everywhere. It's a reward for a sci gameplay mostly. If that was your purpose you should achieve it.

Now a small increase in effectiveness of the plasma dots might be required. I've tested it and I saw no effects in many stfs, including cure space elite. The stronger the mob is, the smaller is the effect. Why wouldn't you make it removing let's say 0.5% hull every second?

Last edited by diogene0; 10-25-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
10-25-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm suprised the threat generation consoles aren't being added to the Tactical instead of the Science. There's a serious lack of diversity in the Tac branch compared to the Engineering/Science, only offering damage bonuses.

Personally I think threat gen consoles make perfect sense (along with proc chance, acc and a few others but that's not relevant to this conversation.) Why Science based?
Career Officer
# 30
10-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:

Particle Generators

Graviton Generators

Inertial Dampeners

Starship Sensors

Power Insulators

Shield Emitters

Flow Capacitors

Starship Stealth

We are not surprise, because it would be benefit the players.
T6 Miranda and T6 Oberth FTW!