Ensign
# 1 Requesting new visuals
10-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Since its widely agreed that pulsewave weapons are essentially "shotguns", wouldn't it be cool to have the characters using them "pump the slide" when the ready the weapon or during cooldown between shots? Considering all the programming done on a couple dozen emotes, this should be easy. Additionally, can the visuals for regular armor be changed so your crew doesn't look like Power Rangers? I get it that it was inspired by the colored space drop armor in the new Star Trek Movie but really, it's hideous. The MACO / Omega, KDF STF armor is cool and i know its supposed to look better than standard issue stuff but at the very least make the reg armor look better, maybe something as simple as modifying the mercenary uniform available in the zen store or make it player customizable like the regular uniforms. Lastly, how about some other melee weapons like the klingon dagger? Before anyone complains about melee weapons being outdated, let me point out that the US Army still issues tomahawks to certain units today. Don't believe me, look it up.
Lieutenant
# 2
10-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Last I checked My toon does "pump the slide" between shots.. And there are new visuals coming out for the ground sets in season 7.
Captain
# 3
10-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp1239 View Post
Since its widely agreed that pulsewave weapons are essentially "shotguns", wouldn't it be cool to have the characters using them "pump the slide" when the ready the weapon or during cooldown between shots? Considering all the programming done on a couple dozen emotes, this should be easy.
First of all, what would the purpose of this emote be within canon? Meaning, if you have an energy based shotgun, why would you need to pump and discharge an old projectile cartridge. Unless it was something along the lines of a heat-clip that takes the heat off the weapons and dumps it into a disposable clip, ala Mass Effect 2-3. But there has never been any indication that the Federation or Klingon weapons have a heating problem, unless purposefully set to overload.

Second of all, animating one character to do an action is fine. But in an MMO, you have to stylize that action to work with all the wireframe for all the characters and possible skeletons thereof. Not exactly as easy as drag and drop.

Not to even mention that this is a very low priority compared to the amount of bugs and other things that are needed.

Quote:
Additionally, can the visuals for regular armor be changed so your crew doesn't look like Power Rangers? I get it that it was inspired by the colored space drop armor in the new Star Trek Movie but really, it's hideous. The MACO / Omega, KDF STF armor is cool and i know its supposed to look better than standard issue stuff but at the very least make the reg armor look better, maybe something as simple as modifying the mercenary uniform available in the zen store or make it player customizable like the regular uniforms.
The Armor is completely optional to have visual. And again, there are other systems and bugs that can and should be taken care of beforehand, such as expanding the Klingon Wardrobe and fixing kits on the Klingon side.

Quote:
Lastly, how about some other melee weapons like the klingon dagger? Before anyone complains about melee weapons being outdated, let me point out that the US Army still issues tomahawks to certain units today. Don't believe me, look it up.
No one is going to argue that Melee weapons don't belong in the 25th century. And the D'k tahg has been talked about being added as a short range combat weapon.