Captain
# 11
10-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Oh my days... Will you lot please stop being so damn... (I'm sure you get the message)

How many tac-tank/scorts have we seen due to this set?

How many zombie cruisers have we seen due to this set?

The correct answer to both of these is "TOO DAMN MANY!"; heck even the PvP community have complained on occasion about them. As for you hereticknight make your damn mind up! First you complain that tank/scorts are putting cruisers out of a job about now that Cryptic are FINALLY ending their reign you're complaining about THAT! Deary me... I personally refuse outright to run the thing because it's too powerful.

It's not about punishing creativity, it's about balance... you know... that thing you gave the impression you wanted...

Rant over
Career Officer
# 12
10-25-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I saw this as soon as they said that they were doing it. Which is why I said feds got shafted and KDF didn't. Cuz tbh, it doesn't matter how good the KHG set is, the fact that the feds can use it now pales and dies in comparison to the fact that the KDF can now do Plasmonic Leech + MACO shields.

I wonder how long it will take the devs to realize this. Or if they care for that matter.
Or if they're considering porting the Plasmonic Leech console over to Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-25-2012, 07:10 AM
"and force us to adhere to a more vanilla and downright boring full set combos."

So, instead of everyone using 2x Maco + 2x Borg or 3x Borg + Maco Shield, getting either two set combos, or becoming stupidly tanky on virtually any ship, now people have to make due with one set and no ways to become stupidly tanky on virtually any ship.

Sounds to me like now people have to get creative and figure out how to make due without 2 different set combos.

Sorry to break it to you, but stopping one or two set combos from being stupidly better than virtually every other set/set combo isn't going to stop creative builds, but foster it. As it is now, anyone who uses either of those bog standard combos isn't being creative at all, but just doing what almost everyone else is doing.

I personally prefer 2x Omega + Maco Shields. Sometimes, I go 2x Maco + Omega Engines. Sometimes when I feel like using lolarons I run 2x Jem'Hadar + Maco Shield/Omega Engine.
Rihannsu
# 14
10-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
The Borg shield wouldn't be that bad at all if:

a) MACO wasn't still overwhelmingly better than anything else in the gam[...]
Logical conclusion: Reduce the 10% All Energy Resistance bonus on the MACO and Jem'Hadar shields?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 15
10-25-2012, 07:54 AM
The biggest issue is you are going to be one shot constantly with the borg shield in elite STFs, the thing becomes unusable; it is unlikely they will get fixed because the devs have almost no understanding of that.
Lieutenant
# 16
10-25-2012, 08:39 AM
The borg set would actually be amazing if those abilities weren't procs but instead abilities that could be placed in the tray and called upon when needed..

let me put the hull and shield regen in my tray so i can use em when i actually need them. Give them a 1 minute CD and lets call it a day.

I'm tired of LoLMaybeGodIHopeItProcs abilities.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
10-25-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm glad for the changes to the Borg set. Having every single set operate as a three-piece except for one is incorrect, especially when that four-piece set has such strong three-piece abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
And now we are being punished for that creativity with these changes to the Borg set.
Using the Borg set gives you the option to have one more set synergy operating on board your ship than any other combination. This makes it extremely common meaning it was creative once upon a time. Now it's so common the creativity is gone. Now you'll have to discover new creativity when you choose a new set to install.

Out of curiosity, can you imagine if you did stack every set on to a ship? It could only be done on an Oddy or a Bortasqu. You'd have...

Ferengi Set (Set bonuses aren't combat effective)
Temporal Set
Manheim and Tipler (only partial benefit of this set if not on temporal ship)
Oddy/Bortasqu set
Either a single three piece shield/deflector/engine OR two piece Borg/two piece other

It'd be a pretty crap ship to fly!!

Last edited by darramouss1; 10-25-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Grammar
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-25-2012, 09:23 AM
reads more like they closed a loophole

makes more sense to me, but then again i haven;t gotten as far as getting that borg console

and run omega

and probably would have done exactly what the op sdaid

but thats not the point

the poiint is a set gives a power as a set

that is simple and makes sense

course they could have it where like a mix set gives different things or somethng

like if you have borg, reman, breen you get some kind of 1 second ray or somethgn
Captain
# 19
10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Closed a loophole? Brother, please!

They don't play this game. They don't even acknowledge the PROBLEMS we are facing. My fleet battlecruier, with cruiser shields and hull, with field generators and KHG mk XII shields, still is 1-shotted instantly through full shields and hull multiple times a day. It's bullcrap. The devs are so disassociated with this game they shouldn't be programming for it anymore.

Dare I say they all ought to be canned and people that care ought to be hired instead?

They're finding solutions to problems that don't exist, and hosing systems that aren't broken in the process. Further they ignore the massive game breaking problems that run rampant every day. In CSE yesterday I was 1-shotted by cube defending negh'vars firing ISO charges, on EVERY cube. 3 of us died instantly every time they spawned. No delay, no pause, before they even finished decloaking we had instant kill iso charges wiping out the team. EVERY TIME. That's bullcrap, period. End of story. Beside that I ran stat tracking all day and found that the amount of BS instant deaths was absurdly high. Plasma torpedoes were critting up to 50k and wiping out even the heaviest of tanky craft. A tac cube fired a 480k crip torp, and at least 3 more in the 200k range inside a SINGLE ISE run. Donatra's torpedo spread registers as ONE torpedo, of massive crit levels. It wiped me out through full hull and shields while using BFI.

Damage doesn't register properly, even when it's less than lethal. Damage to hull bypasses sheilds no matter what shield level. Then hull KEEPS dropping after the impact stops, and you cannot heal it. HE and ET and A2SIF failed to stop my hull drop even though I fired them all off in sequence, and I still died (no plasma, no incoming damage, just kept dying). It continues to drop (with no plasma) well after the fact. Polarize hull doesn't always stop tractor beams.

STFs are woefully frakked to hell and gone. They are broken systematically from the ground up. And yet they are making things worse by handicapping your options re: set bonuses?

Closing a loophole my arse. They're just so out of freaking touch they have no clue what they're doing.

I'm all for rebalancing the drop rates and tables, etc. That's not what this is. This is a sweeping change meant to reduce dilithium to make the game a far worse grind than it is, and to further artificially make everything harder not by requiring skill but simply by making you all die in 1 shot every time you see an enemy.

So in the future fix the damn tables and don't screw up everything unrelated to them.
Captain
# 20
10-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Can we give them a break please? I think we can all agree they really need to play the game they're developing but let's all remember how small the team is compared to other MMOs and give them credit where it's due some of these revamps to the system seem half decent and ok they are increasing the grind game but let's face it guys if the game doesn't make PWE enough money they will close it down now again I agree the content could be more by player request and it could be fun but considering the size of the team and and the requirements as set out by PWE the content they do create is pretty good.

On top of this if they close down the 3 piece borg set they can reduce the number of 1 hit invisi-kills basically we should appreciate what they do do and keep asking for more, I know that player requested content would entice players to spend more money but high dil demands get's impatient people to buy ZEN and that also keeps the game going...

Don't have a go at Cryptic they do what they are told in order to keep us playing and direct your anger at the real ripoff company behind this: PWE