Career Officer
# 1 DOFF Issues..
10-25-2012, 08:53 AM
on my Klingon toon i have had some issues with the DOFFs. a few of my missions show that i have the ability to work on. but i can't do anything with them.

example- ENG Dilithium mining mission...
when i look thru my available i have uncommon, common and rare officers in the list that could be used for all the postions..even a few extras...either for the resolve it needs or by title. Now,once i click into the mission..i have the 5 commidities i need. but, i have no officer available for the first slot..even tho its an "any officer" spot. then i click on a different officer slot and i have officers available and can fill all the other available slots. just not the first. but, i know i have at least 3 that can be used just for that position that werent used for the rest of the open positions.

this happens on several missions under my ENG and TAC lists. Anyone else seen this? Am i missing something obvious?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by genixxmhoc; 10-25-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 2
10-25-2012, 09:35 AM
there appears to be several klingon missions that have the "any officer slot" in the wrong position in the list (it should be after any required slots), you wind up filling that slot first with your required officer, leaving no officer available for the required slot, therefore you cannot do the mission. Just manually check the slots and fill the required slot first, then fill the rest of the slots by clicking the slot and filling...a little slower, but you should be able to run the mission.
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Career Officer
# 3
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
i have tried that. still tells me that i should be able to do the mission but doesnt give me any options. i've even tried opening the full list of officers instead of the suggested. either way they wont let me fill the slot. which i why im so confused...
thanx for the suggest tho.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Did you, by any chance, bought doffs you need on the exchange? If you bought FED doffs, the assignment will be shown as available but when you try to fill it, you won't be able to use FED doffs.

Happened to me with blue vorta prisoner on FED side. So I sold him back. I was lucky, that chap is selling like a cure.
Career Officer
# 5
10-26-2012, 07:08 AM
hmm...good questions. i will look into that.

thanks!
Career Officer
# 6
10-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
Did you, by any chance, bought doffs you need on the exchange? If you bought FED doffs, the assignment will be shown as available but when you try to fill it, you won't be able to use FED doffs.

Happened to me with blue vorta prisoner on FED side. So I sold him back. I was lucky, that chap is selling like a cure.
that was the problem. Thanks, joxertm2
Lieutenant
# 7
11-04-2012, 05:33 AM
So, the Exchange lets you buy Doffs that are KDF only when you're on a FED toon? Great. That would explain why my new Warp Core Engineer is unslottable for the Unorthodox Warp Core Breach Recovery mission.

Why the *?!* does it let you buy Doffs you can't use? This guy is a green Doff, and I'll be buggered if I can see any border around his picture that would suggest he's KDF only. I knew he was a Klingon, but I have other Klingon Doffs (from defection missions) so assumed someone was just trading one of those.

Can I at least chuck him into the Doffgrinder? As a green, I may get something useful by splitting him into whites... if not, the Starbase is hungry.