Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Career Officer
# 21
10-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Where's our challenge? Why releasing even more armors, weapons, sets, active and passive powers if we have no *interesting* place to use them?

We need a champion/nightmare mode or new truely challenging missions requiring excellent gaming skills and the best available gear...
The STF's were easy before, with the new buffs associated with the reputation system, the STF's will be just a joke.

I agree, there needs to be a better challenge and there should be rewards associated with completing the harder challenges.

I hate this system where everyone is a Vice Admiral and everyone is a MACO/Honor Guard Elite.
Career Officer
# 22
10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post
That is a good way to calculate it, except if 100 is 60% then 100% is 166 not 250.
Dan said its reduced by 60% not to 60%.
Empire Veteran
# 23
10-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow View Post
The STF's were easy before, with the new buffs associated with the reputation system, the STF's will be just a joke.

I agree, there needs to be a better challenge and there should be rewards associated with completing the harder challenges.

I hate this system where everyone is a Vice Admiral and everyone is a MACO/Honor Guard Elite.
Well I have to admit that I don't mind if everyone has a maco 12 set but at least we need some content where such overpowered stuff is mandatory on top of high playing skills.

I'm sure the devs know we are an important part of the community. Heck! We help people completing missions and getting better at STO, thus we contribute to everyone's enjoyment. We can give a ton of advices on build, strategies, anc contributing even more to everyone's enjoyment, but something really challenging we could do for ourselves would be nice too. We need to broke our backs on something.

It doesn't need to be the uber mega nice instance requiring 6 months of work from the art team but at least something with mechanics able to entertain us before we get the feeling that we've won at STO. I hate having this feeling in games because it means it's over.
Captain
# 24
10-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post
That is a good way to calculate it, except if 100 is 60% then 100% is 166 not 250.
I got a rare shield drop once- in about 100 runs between 2 toons, so if 300 runs=1 set then I should earn a set in...120 runs in the new system?

...forgetting that I gotta pay 200K dilithium to level up my rep so I can claim them.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Survivor of Remus
# 25
10-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipag View Post
Is STO becoming too easy? Do "casual players" keep STO in business? Is everyone a "Jedi"? (sorry, I mean Captain Kirk, Picard, Sisko, etc.)

I don't like to rush to judgment, but this sounds a little like the mistake that killed Star Wars Galaxies.

Too easy is boring.
Its a fix to a broken system. I have 2 Mk XII sets, ive been grinding since they came out with the new STFs more then 1.3k STFs... Please...

The way the current system works are

1 Happy Person (1-10 runs) to 1 Meh person (10-20) to 1 OMFG Person (100-1000 Runs)

The current system, for every Happy person, there has to be a omfg person... The new system forces ppl at Meh. Removing the extreamly pissed and extreamly happy ppl
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
1 Happy Person (1-10 runs) to 1 Meh person (10-20) to 1 OMFG Person (100-1000 Runs)
The system actually works this way:

1-10 runs, nice, this deserves to be supported, Cryptic rocks, I'm buying Zen (with $, not dil)
10-20 runs, wtf is this? um... yea, there are more interesting games out there, cya all
100-1000 runs, OMFG, I'm on drugs or/and need a shrink, definetly

In the end, Cryptic wants us to buy Zen.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Dan said its reduced by 60% not to 60%.
Oh. Ok.

(I don't believe in either number anyway. I think it is increased by 500% or something. At least to get 1 simple XII weapon.)
Lieutenant
# 28
10-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Regardless of the actual number, it's just not ridiculously hard to get XII anymore after the increase some time ago (which many are not aware of).

Make a little more money, but don't put everything in the game for sale please.

If drops are a joke, what are all the fancy premium ships and equipment good for getting anyway?

Last edited by philipag; 10-27-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Career Officer
# 29
10-28-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipag View Post
Too easy is boring.

100% agree with that.

I don't want to play a pretty screensaver i want to play a GAME.

i don't see how replacing a broken REWARD SYSTEM with another broken but monetized system is making things easier...

and it may be 60% easier to get a full XII set, but if you want dilithium out of STFs it gets 200% or so harder.

and what do you think Cryptic cares more about? Players running around with a 1 year old helmet graphic, or players trying to get it having their pockets filled with Dilithium in the process?

yah right.
Captain
# 30
10-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Well I have to admit that I don't mind if everyone has a maco 12 set but at least we need some content where such overpowered stuff is mandatory on top of high playing skills.

I'm sure the devs know we are an important part of the community. Heck! We help people completing missions and getting better at STO, thus we contribute to everyone's enjoyment. We can give a ton of advices on build, strategies, anc contributing even more to everyone's enjoyment, but something really challenging we could do for ourselves would be nice too. We need to broke our backs on something.

It doesn't need to be the uber mega nice instance requiring 6 months of work from the art team but at least something with mechanics able to entertain us before we get the feeling that we've won at STO. I hate having this feeling in games because it means it's over.
--------------------------------------

I agree with this
Only kids need the super duper new graphics
Every week to be happy

The rest of us want challenging game play
Add too, fix what we have make it

Elite
So we feel we have earned the title
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse