Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
# 11
10-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The Federation News Service report contained in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series reveals information about the Romulans search for a new homeworld.


Link to the blog.

As a KDF player, this story does not apply. It explains nothing as to why the Klingon Empire does not see this Romulan weakness as an opportunity to attack. A couple of the great houses could see this as an opportunity for an easy victory to attract more warriors to their banners. If this new territory has resources, the empire should seize them immediately.

We could set up a Reman puppet state to administer these systems and exact resources needed for the Federation War. It is a time for glory, not talk!
------------------------------------
Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,748
# 12
10-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qutoth View Post
As a KDF player, this story does not apply. It explains nothing as to why the Klingon Empire does not see this Romulan weakness as an opportunity to attack. A couple of the great houses could see this as an opportunity for an easy victory to attract more warriors to their banners. If this new territory has resources, the empire should seize them immediately.

We could set up a Reman puppet state to administer these systems and exact resources needed for the Federation War. It is a time for glory, not talk!
Where is the honour in striking at a foe who cannot defend themselves!

Klingons kill no-one at the dinner table!
My Fan Fictions
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 13
10-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the more this story line progresses, the less likely we will every see a romulan faction, but instead this tag along to the current fed and kdf faction i really have grown to hate JJ abrams for destroying the romulans, this game would be much more interesting with them as strong as they ever were.
Iam enjoying this twist per se, it could span some type of faction spin off to the other Romulan factions. What i don't like is what they did to the Cardies, it sounds alot like what the US did in regards to the Japanese after WWII.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,256
# 14
10-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Where is the honour in striking at a foe who cannot defend themselves!

Klingons kill no-one at the dinner table!
That is incorrect.

Here are some notable Klingon quotes:

Suvbe'chugh SuvwI' tlhuHbe' SuvwI'.
If a warrior does not fight, he does not breathe.

maQapmeH maHIv.
In order to succeed, we attack.

qun qon charghwI'pu''e'.
History is written by the victors.

noH ghoblu'DI' yay quv law' Hoch quv puS.
In war, there is nothing more honorable than victory.

reH lugh charghwI'.
The victor is always right.

tlhIngan ngoQmey chavmeH HoH tlhInganpu'.
Klingons kill for their own purposes.

vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh.
Conquer what you desire.

QamvIS Hegh qaq law' torvIS yIn qaq puS.
Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

jeghbe' tlhInganpu'.
Klingons do not surrender.

wej Heghchugh vay', SuvtaH SuvwI'.
A warrior fights to the death.

Hoch 'ebmey tIjon.
Capture all opportunities.

bISovbejbe'DI' tImer.
When in doubt, surprise them.

bISuv 'e' yIwIv; bISutlh 'e' yIwIvQo'.
Choose to fight, not negotiate.


mataHmeH maSachnIS.
To survive, we must expand.

Dubotchugh yIpummoH.
If it's in your way, knock it down.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,743
# 15
10-25-2012, 01:10 PM
"At one time, my people and the Klingons were allies. We could be again. " If "allies" mean that the romulan space is the biggest province in the klingon empire, sure. Unless cryptic changes the Path to.... for the kdf, the klingons are still at war with the romulans. Never has anyone went from war (for what, 50 years now) to allies in a blink of an eye. Yeah, you "show up on Qu'nos". Make sure you have health insurance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 133
# 16
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
"At one time, my people and the Klingons were allies. We could be again. " If "allies" mean that the romulan space is the biggest province in the klingon empire, sure. Unless cryptic changes the Path to.... for the kdf, the klingons are still at war with the romulans. Never has anyone went from war (for what, 50 years now) to allies in a blink of an eye. Yeah, you "show up on Qu'nos". Make sure you have health insurance.
I thought Klingons and Romulans swapped warp drives for cloaking devices back in the days of early lore?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,748
# 17
10-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
That is incorrect.

Here are some notable Klingon quotes:

Suvbe'chugh SuvwI' tlhuHbe' SuvwI'.
If a warrior does not fight, he does not breathe.

maQapmeH maHIv.
In order to succeed, we attack.

qun qon charghwI'pu''e'.
History is written by the victors.

noH ghoblu'DI' yay quv law' Hoch quv puS.
In war, there is nothing more honorable than victory.

reH lugh charghwI'.
The victor is always right.

tlhIngan ngoQmey chavmeH HoH tlhInganpu'.
Klingons kill for their own purposes.

vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh.
Conquer what you desire.

QamvIS Hegh qaq law' torvIS yIn qaq puS.
Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

jeghbe' tlhInganpu'.
Klingons do not surrender.

wej Heghchugh vay', SuvtaH SuvwI'.
A warrior fights to the death.

Hoch 'ebmey tIjon.
Capture all opportunities.

bISovbejbe'DI' tImer.
When in doubt, surprise them.

bISuv 'e' yIwIv; bISutlh 'e' yIwIvQo'.
Choose to fight, not negotiate.


mataHmeH maSachnIS.
To survive, we must expand.

Dubotchugh yIpummoH.
If it's in your way, knock it down.
I fail to see any sayings there which directly disprove my point.
My Fan Fictions
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
# 18
10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Where is the honour in striking at a foe who cannot defend themselves!

Klingons kill no-one at the dinner table!
I wonder what the people of Indri VIII say about that...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,743
# 19
10-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
I fail to see any sayings there which directly disprove my point.
200 years ago, sure.
But for the past 50 years the klingons have been in Romulan space attacking everything that moves.
Now, cryptic dropped the ball in now having any KDF vs Romulan things to do about these in game, but it is in the Path to... as well as the Needs of the Many Star Trek online book.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 20
10-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Let me understand this.

You think that news functionality that will take an enormous developer resources is really something to desire given the current lack of content?

You would rather read arbitrary, repetitive, and 100% pointless lists of people & SB-related information that makes absolutely no impact to gameplay whatsoever?
I don't know if we can quantify the "enormous developer resources"... I just think its a decent idea that the poster had... and think that making it specific to theplayers fleet (should they belong to one) is a pretty decent idea. Given the fact that some of the news is already captured... i don't think we are talking about a extraordinarily large amount of time. So yes, I find it desirable. It enhances game play, gives members something to shoot for, etc.

Don't under estimate the "I want my name up in lights" as being a motivator... why else would they post the PVP results... so we can look and be proud of being number 1, killing the most people, staying alive, healing people) etc.

Lets talk about lack of content for a second... can we all, for one moment, agree that no matter how much content is released... there will always be a "lack of content" issue. There is no way Cryptic (alone) can keep up... even with new content every week.

We, as a player base (at least on the forums) are a pretty demanding bunch. If a new mission comes out, it will entertain us for what... a week on the outside before we are bored and demanding more content? Within days of new content being released (hell minutes here on the forums) there will already be ney-sayers, and boo-boo lips, pouting over how they finished the new content, and are already bored.... now what... Heck, I've already had my fill of Into the Hive on Tribble..

There are two ways out of the content issue:

1) Open ended content... which essentially translates to open pvp for territory/holding/asset control that changes with who is logged in.

2) Take advantage of the Foundry... I know its been said many times (with both cheers and jeers)... there are some extremely talented Foundry authors out there that have come up with missions that I think are pretty darn close to being Feature Episode quality... granted no cut scene's etc... There are missiosn that fit all types of game play style (Heavy combat to heavy dialog). Give these people more assets to work with... let them assist with content, while development can then focus on mechanics.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 AM.